Richard Dean Anderson, once so youthfull

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Stargate SG-1 Richard Dean Anderson, once so youthfull

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I was just watching “Chilldren of the gods” and man is it just the stress of protecting earth 24/7 or does the Stargate make ones hair really gray.

-SM

Anonymous

Only thing I know is that new sig of yours cracks me up

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Slopmaster:
    is it just the stress of protecting earth 24/7 or does the Stargate make ones hair really gray.

Well he saved the world a few times as MacGyver and he had long borwn hair then. It ddin’t start to turn grey until after the two MacGyver TV movies.
    I’m hesistant to say its the Stargate either bcasue Amanada Tapping and Micheal Shanks are still blonde.
    I blame the gu’ould, or maybe old age.

Anonymous

He could be going for that distinguished look.

My complaint is when are we going to see more revealing attire from Amanda Tapping! She’s a great looking lady. They need to go to a water planet or something.

Stone

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Lexxstone:
    He could be going for that distinguished look.

My complaint is when are we going to see more revealing attire from Amanda Tapping! She’s a great looking lady. They need to go to a water planet or something.

Stone

I’ll second that, she is a very attractive lady, but I think it’s not in keeping with her character for her to be even a little revealing (shame), I remember when SG-1 was trying to ride the 7of9 wave by introducing Vanessa Angel into the series, and for me she did give 7 a run for her money, well her boobs did anyway!!!
    Squishy

Anonymous

I must really be out of it because I haven’t seen any episodes where a new character was introduce.

I would have remembered a 7-of-9 type character.

Anyway last night’s episode was okay. Is the Russian guy a reoccuring character?

Stone

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Lexxstone:
    I must really be out of it because I haven’t seen any episodes where a new character was introduce.

I would have remembered a 7-of-9 type character.

Anyway last night’s episode was okay. Is the Russian guy a reoccuring character?

Stone

She appeared at (I think) the end of season 4 and was To’kra, she had only been in 5 or 6 episodes.
    I can’t remember Vanessa’s character’s name, but she gave SG-1 these arm devices that made them superhuman and they started to get addicted to them, also she was involved in trying to trace a spy within the ranks of the To’kra and the SGC, by using some sort of recall device that would show if they were telling the truth or not.
    Oh, and she made an open play for Jack, except he wasn’t interested (he must be mad!!!), but she was very straight and a matter of fact type character, but it seemed like she was brought in as a 7of9 character.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by LexxLurker:
    Only thing I know is that new sig of yours cracks me up

Hehe, thanx and as for someone elses comment about seeing a more revealed Maj. Carter. No god, please don’t do it. She is a good character but she like Doctor Crusher is not someone I would want to see reveal anything other than a good idea.
    -SM

Anonymous

Sorry Slop. I disagree with you on this one. I think to make the show truly realistic we need to Dr. Carter having a active normal sex life.

What would be wrong in showing her dressed up to go out on a saturday night in an extremely tight pair of blue jeans with a t shirt about two sizes too small?

Stargate has a lot of action and a good story line but, as in real life, we need to see these people treated as sexual beings.

Speaking of Star Trek TNG. I always noticed there was a double standard there. It was okay to see two members of the crew to meet in Ten Forward and then leave together but, correct me if I’m wrong, I never saw a scene where (for example) Rikker is leading Troi to his quarters and then you don’t see them leave until the next morning. Also, as for as I could tell Dr. Crusher (a very beautiful and appealing woman) was completely asexual. I never understood this. And I’m not even going to mention “Jean Luc’s” dedication to his career and his choice to live like a damned monk!

I really enjoyed a recent episode of Star Trek Enterprise where Hoshi, a character that is portrayed a little like everyone’s kid sister, was seduced and bedded by an alien. Very good writing! While watching this I kept looking for the standard story line –

“The alien was really an evil guy that would take advantage of Hoshi and she would saved by the good guys at the end.”

This was a refreshing surprise. The show is to be applauded.

Anyway getting back to Amanda: It there are any nude pictures of her floating around out there PLEASE let me know.

Stone

Anonymous

I’m sorry I just can’t seem to find either Gates McFaden or Amanda Tapping attractive in that way.

-SM

Anonymous

You won’t find anything of Amanda nude, she’s not that type of actress, she’s always done Disney/kids type stuff, so I think you’re out of luck there.
    I never found Gates McFadden attractive, but I do Amanda, but I think some are put off because she’s portrayed in a non sexual way, a woman in a navy uniform makes you think she’s butch and can be a bit of a turn-off.
    Amanda obviously is not concerned with having a male following, so she doesn’t really pay too much attention to her beauty, I think most blokes lose interest in her and her character because she doesn’t do anything to keep them interested.
    I mean 7of9 kept the interest going with the tight spandexy type costumes, but now Jeri’s in a series that doesn’t show her off as well, she’s bound to lose some interest, a bit shallow I know, but that’s what us blokes are like.
    And Amanda (aside form one ep that I can remember) has never flaunted her character in any sexual way, if she had then SG-1’a ratings might have gone up like Jeri did for Voyager.
    Still, she’s a very attractive women.
    Squishy

Anonymous

the 7 of 9 girl was fraya and was in the ep where the first admission that carter and jack had feelings for eachother, at least infront of anyother charaters anyway, shortly after that was the timeloop where jack quits so he can kiss her

Anonymous

quote:

I was just watching “Chilldren of the gods” and man is it just the stress of protecting earth 24/7 or does the Stargate make ones hair really gray.

-SM

Maybe RDA is just secure enough in his life that he’s allowing the world to see he *IS* getting older (aren’t we ALL?) and not bothering to hide the grey. He’s still a damn sexy man, and – to borrow from the old Clariol commercial – he’s not getting older, he’s getting BETTER.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Bekka:
    the 7 of 9 girl was fraya and was in the ep where the first admission that carter and jack had feelings for eachother, at least infront of anyother charaters anyway, shortly after that was the timeloop where jack quits so he can kiss her

Or Anise as she’s otherwise known!!!
    It was Anise that had a thing for Jack, Freya was more interested in Daniel.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Micromary:

Maybe RDA is just secure enough in his life that he’s allowing the world to see he *IS* getting older (aren’t we ALL?) and not bothering to hide the grey. He’s still a damn sexy man, and – to borrow from the old Clariol commercial – he’s not getting older, he’s getting BETTER.

Anonymous

Richard Dean Anderson=YUMMY!!!! sorry guys but he is absolutley fine and the older he gets the better he looks!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:
    Richard Dean Anderson=YUMMY!!!! sorry guys but he is absolutley fine and the older he gets the better he looks!!

Hey I am as strait as they come but even I have to admit he looks pretty cool for his age now that I reflect upon it

-SM

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Hey I am as strait as they come but even I have to admit he looks pretty cool for his age now that I reflect upon it

-SM

Ditto. RDA looks much better in Stargate then in MacGyver.
    Sean Connery is another actor I can think of who has ageed great, and looks better now then before.

Pooka
    Participant

Actually the reason for RDA allowing his hair to be gray in the show is that he was tired of sitting so long to have his gray hair touched up by the wonderful make-up lady. Besides I think he looks just fine with the gray. Besides, aren’t we all getting a little gray ourselves? If not now, just give it a few years to catch up to you.

Hollydays
    Participant

For Amanda Tapping pics that are….more revealing check out

http://www.amandatapping.us/amanda-tapping-photogallery.html

geez – that took me two seconds guys….

MuadDib
    Participant
    Hollydays wrote:

For Amanda Tapping pics that are….more revealing check out

Or watch Atlantis Season 2, #14 (Grace under Pressure)

Whoa I’m back, exams went okay by the way. Bring on the gap year.

Karyyk

Age happens to us all, unfortunately. I just hope I still have some hair at that age, grey or not…

It was good to see him still kicking in Continuum.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.