RIP, Jonathan Harris, 1914-2002

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff RIP, Jonathan Harris, 1914-2002

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dgrequeen
    Participant

Jonathan Harris, the original Dr. Zachary Smith of Lost in Space, has died at age 87.
    http://www.chillertheatre.com/expo.mv?ARTID=harrisj_1102

Anonymous

A truly sinister yet amusing man.

pet
    Participant

Anonymous

He was a very sweet man. I got to meet him at Chiller Theatre. Thanks to Chiller and similar cons he got to find out just how much the fans loved him in his favorite role: Dr Zachary Smith.

The world of sci-fi will miss him.

MM

Anonymous
    Inactive

I loved that character; he just became more and more campy with each episode. The fairly recent Lost in Space film seriously needed him in that role to redeem itself — it took itself so seriously, and lost all of the fun of the series — which is what made it special. He really made it special.

His passing is very sad news indeed.

Flamegrape
    Participant

I got to meet him at DragonCon several years ago. He was so very nice to me and all the other fans! It’s sad that he passed on.

I understand that they wanted to use all the actors from the tv show in the movie. But they just couldn’t figure out how to fit in Billy Mumy and Jonathan Harris. I know that Aleck certainly disagrees, but I actually enjoyed the Lost In Space movie. But please, out of respect, we can talk about how much it sucked in another thread.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.