Robot Wars: Battle of the sci-fi bots…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Robot Wars: Battle of the sci-fi bots…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m pretty big on Robot Wars, and got to thinking about Robot Wars arena battles with the bots of sci-fi…

“Stupid robot head” vs. “genius robot head”: Dr. Theopolis from Buck Rogers in the 25th Century vs. Lexx’s 790 in a vicious staring contest.

Theo: “Keep your hands of Tweaky or I’ll kick your arse, you robot floozy!”
    790 :”Umm, yeah… 🙄 To think you call yourself a genius… I want Buck!”

The battle of the evil one-eyed cyborgs: A Star Trek Borg vs. a City of Lost Children cyborg in another vicious staring contest.

“It’s not the size of the one-eye piece that matters, it’s how you use it.”

The battle of the testy balls: The Prisoner’s Rover (if you can call him a robot) vs. Drunken Wu Tang’s robotic monster.

“I see your bounciness is starting to sag.”

What sci-fi robots would you like to see matched up for a battle royale?

Anonymous

Hate to make the obvious choice but what about

Six(TTR) vs Six (BSG2003)?

😈

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”LexxLurker” wrote:

Hate to make the obvious choice but what about

Six(TTR) vs Six (BSG2003)?

I thought of that too, good one.

Or alternately, how about Seven of Nine (ST Voyager) vs. Six of One (TTR) and Cylon 6 (BSG2003) vs. Cylon No. 6 (Prisoner)?

lizard
    Participant

Hmm, I never really thought of Rover as a robot, but I guess that you are right. I vote for Rover as the best all round robot. Rover’s force of nature type of personality beats all other automatons hands down.

Cyborgs are in a different class of course. I kinda like robocop.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, I don’t exactly think of Rover as a robot. I think it is organic like a white corpuscle, however it can be controlled like a machine. Incidentally, I would not define Dr. Theopolis (whom I mentioned earlier) as a robot; it is a computer. However, I don’t let definitions get in the way of my fun. In fact, I revel in absurdity, irony, and bathos, for in absurdity lies ridiculous consciousness and unreasonable truth. 😉

On that note: How about a high octane battle of the automaton autobots (well, vehicular machines)? KITT (Knight Rider) versus Herbie the Lovebug. It would be an exhausting battle, but as love conquers all, I say Herbie would engineeer a decisive victory! Oh the heartbrake.

Nebagram
    Participant

Any of the power (poor?) rangers’ zord-thingies versus Optimus Prime and a couple of his mates. THAT’d be fun to see. :mrgreen:

…I’m surprised no one’s suggested The Cylons vs. C3P0 and R2D2 yet… 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Nebagram wrote:

Any of the power (poor?) rangers’ zord-thingies versus Optimus Prime and a couple of his mates. THAT’d be fun to see. :mrgreen:

…I’m surprised no one’s suggested The Cylons vs. C3P0 and R2D2 yet… 😉

Oh, Optimus Primrose vs. the Flower Arrangers… Flower power at its meanest! 😉

…The Cylons vs. C3P0 and R2D2… Hey, that’s not a fair contest! 😛 It would be like the Sirens vs. the Cylons. No Cylon could resist the pure eroticism of R2D2’s bodacious, bawdy beeping and C3PO’s super-sultry “come hither” voice. That dynamic duo would have ’em pinned to the floor faster than you can say, “Frak! By the Lords of Kobol, are those robots doing what I think they’re doing?”

Now Cylons vs. power Pylons – that would be electrifying. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.