S3-V1 DVD Question HELP!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx S3-V1 DVD Question HELP!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    sgtdraino
    Participant

I recently tried to order S3-V1 from Videoflicks.com, and they sent me the following message:

quote:

4/12/02 6:20:00 PM-Our apologies for the delay with this title – we have been
    talking with the studio that produces it, and they now say that the release date
    is supposed to be May 21 instead of March 26. We will keep you informed if we
    hear any further news. If you have already cancelled your order please disregard
    this message.

What the heck? Haven’t I read messages on this board from people who already have this dvd in their hands, and have watched it?

Any suggestions?

Also, do I seem to recall somebody saying something about having technical difficulties with their S3-V1?

Oh, and to the folks that make the dvds, I thought of an option I’ve longed to see on the Lexx dvds: Closed Captioning!

Anonymous

You can still order through Amazon.com

I’ve been hearing that there’s been some problems with S3 V1 with some DVD players not recognizing it. Could’ve been just a rumor though, mine works fine and I got it last month through Amazon.

Alecks the guy that will know for sure though.

[ 13-04-2002: Message edited by: LexxLurker ]

Anonymous

Videoflicks.com is in Canada, and their Lexx DVDs are manufactured by Koch, rather than Acorn. As I understand it, the content is the same, but the actual packaging/manufacturing is separate. So, sometimes they don’t have the same release date as the US release. For instance, videoflicks sold me the S2V5 DVD months before it was released in the US. I’m guessing the situation here is just reversed.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by sgtdraino:
    What the heck? Haven’t I read messages on this board from people who already have this dvd in their hands, and have watched it?

Simple. Videoflicks.com cares little to nothing about legal territorial distinctions, and insists on selling the Canadian release to anyone who bothers ordering the title, regardless of where they live, even though they have *sworn* that they’ll only sell the US release version to customers residing in the US. Now, since Koch, the Canadian releasing company, has a messed-up release schedule (releasing only a set number of titles per month, all of them released on one day in the month), they’ve scheduled the Canadian release for May 21. Since Videoflicks is *supposedly* getting their US supply from a secondary distributor, they *should* have it on hand. But, seeing as they *don’t*, it appears that they are again choosing to ignore legal arrangements between Acorn and Koch.

And you know, it would be unprofessional of me to say *not* to shop at videoflicks.com, even though they seem to be unprofessional in regards to Acorn, but for information purposes only, let me say that deepdiscountdvd.com sells LEXX S3-V1 for $14.99 with free shipping.

Also, do I seem to recall somebody saying something about having technical difficulties with their S3-V1?

I haven’t heard anything personally, but if you hear anything from anyone, send them my way.

Oh, and to the folks that make the dvds, I thought of an option I’ve longed to see on the Lexx dvds: Closed Captioning!

If it isn’t bloopers, it’s closed captioning.

Okay, we haven’t been given closed-captioned masters for the episodes. I don’t know that they exist. It is entirely possible that the Sci Fi Channel either does captioning themselves, or it’s provided by an outside service, but none of the masters we’ve received have had encoded closed-captioning, and it would be both cost and time prohibitive to do it ourselves (if we *could* do it ourselves, which I don’t think we can, with our current setup).

–Aleck

[ 14-04-2002: Message edited by: Aleck ]

Anonymous

Excellent info Aleck, thanks

Flamegrape
    Participant

I order S3V1 from CD Universe at the end of last month. It still hasn’t shipped. They tell me it hasn’t been released yet– or maybe it’s back-ordered. I’m not sure the person knew.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I order S3V1 from CD Universe at the end of last month. It still hasn’t shipped. They tell me it hasn’t been released yet– or maybe it’s back-ordered. I’m not sure the person knew.

That’s odd. I checked CDUniverse’s page, and they have it listed as shipping in 3-5 days, but have the release date listed as April 9. Which is just blatantly wrong. I don’t know what distributor they’re using (I know they’re not getting their stuff directly from Acorn), but they’re obviously being given the wrong info. For what it’s worth, I’ve heard that some stores that use secondary distributors for our stuff have run into problems with the distributor themselves running out of product, which may be the case here. I’ll pass along the CDUniverse info. Thanks.

–Aleck

Anonymous
    Inactive

we wub you aleck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.