S4V3 – S4V6 US DVD update

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx S4V3 – S4V6 US DVD update

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Okay.

It pains me to say this, and let me stress that this was not my idea, but the Powers That Be have decided that we’re “flooding the market” with LEXX discs, and have rescheduled the release dates for the four remaining DVDs. Whereas they were once coming out every 2 months, they are now coming out once a quarter. This means that S4V3 should be released on June 24, S4V4 on September 23, with 2004 release dates scheduled for V5 and V6.

The reason for this is that we recently received a big return from one of our retail customers of S3 product that wasn’t selling. Now, I don’t know if it’s because S3 is seen as a “lesser” season (which, judging by the opinion of most LEXX fans I’ve come in contact with, isn’t the case), or because Sci-Fi has stopped airing the show in any halfway-decent time slot (and will soon stop airing it altogether), or because after finding out that S3 will be coming out in a box set, people just stopped bothering to buy the individual discs. But the return has caused a “re-thinking” in the approach to the release schedule of the DVDs.

Again, let me stress that this was not my idea, and I’m not particularly happy to be the one that has to tell everyone about it. But I figured that someone should break the news.

–Aleck

Anonymous

As long as they eventually come out. There are no chances they would be cancelled mid-season is there?

Anonymous

This sucks, I mean it really sucks. Any chance of bypassing the retail middleman and getting directly from the distro?

Boxed sets dont phase me, its just a cheap cardboard box it comes in. If the disc’s dont sell now, they wont sell latter, delay the release a year each disc, it wont matter. Sci-Fi has no obligation to promote the show, they never did. They pissed on it from the start. The only thing selling LEXX is word of mouth, which I do alot.

aquabloodstone
    Participant

i know this is a little late and that I live in a town so charitably nicknamed, “Lunhcbag”, but I’d like to know where the flood has been? I had to stop purchasing dvd and video of Lexx in the middle of season 2 and again in season 3 because I couldn’t find them anymore-I can get them off of eBay and other online merchants, but my point is-there was no flood here-I’ve never even SEEN a s3v3 disc on ay shelf in this town-never fear though, I will have my LEXX.

Anonymous
    aquabloodstone wrote:

i know this is a little late and that I live in a town so charitably nicknamed, “Lunhcbag”, but I’d like to know where the flood has been? I had to stop purchasing dvd and video of Lexx in the middle of season 2 and again in season 3 because I couldn’t find them anymore-I can get them off of eBay and other online merchants, but my point is-there was no flood here-I’ve never even SEEN a s3v3 disc on ay shelf in this town-never fear though, I will have my LEXX.

Hell if I know where the flood’s been. I know in my shopping experience finding LEXX dvds on store shelves has been an iffy proposition (some locations aside). Of course, there’s always the possibility that this might have something to do with the rampant store closings involved in a certain retail chain, and its being sold off by its parent company. But the fact remains that we got a big return, the sales department reacted to that return, and the assumption was that once every 2 months was too quick to release the discs. *shrug* I don’t pretend to comprehend all the ins and outs of the reasoning behind the decision, or exactly how spacing them apart is going to sell more discs. But that’s where it’s going.

And as for getting them from the distro, evil lister, nope. It won’t get them to you earlier, at least not by much. The delay will be in replication as well as release, so the discs won’t be ready that much earlier.

–Aleck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.