Sad birthday list

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Sad birthday list

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Mine is on 05-04-79 (oh god 23!)

-SM

Anonymous

Heya Slop

Mine is 6th August … erm.. I’ve conveniently forgoten the year but I’m 29. In fact I’ve been 29 for years and years. It’s a great age to be, especially when you erm.. get older

Headgehog
    Participant

8/28/82 Its such a great birthday, the numbers make it so easy to remember.

Anonymous

February 5. Every d@mn year.

–Aleck (This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.)

Anonymous

Mine is Nov. 29th. As for year, I will only say that it is the Year of the Rat. There are those who think that is very appropriate!

elmey

Anonymous

October 12, 1965
    and proud to be alive and kicking for 36 years in this universe!

Anonymous

Happy Belated Birthday Aleck!

DalekTek790
    Participant

April 17, 1983.

I first came to the (original) SadBoard 2 days before my 17th birthday.

[ 20-02-2002: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Anonymous

December 6th 1979. (Can’t believe I’ll be 23)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by MUDLOCK:
    December 6th 1979. (Can’t believe I’ll be 23)

Hey another 79er! Welcome to the club

-SM

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

5-8-70
    Another into the “repulserlift old person chair” club

FX
    Participant

july 20th…like saddy, a lady never discusses her age …but i’ve been 29 and holding for a while now

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

Holding at 29 ? Why ?
    30+ is much more fun than the 20’s decade.

You can still drink but you know when to stop.

Youre still young enough to enjoy various physical exercises.

Can can quite legitimately ignore teenagers and think theyre silly beings.

You can generally afford cooler toys that you ever had.

Anonymous

very well put! thevodkacircle.

Anonymous

August 11.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by theVodkaCircle:
    Holding at 29 ? Why ?

You can generally afford cooler toys that you ever had.

i bow to your wisdom vc, and of course i agree with everything except the exercise part (cracked my rib at the gym the other day;i used to bounce back, now i just go splat)…but i especially agree with cooler toys

Anonymous

Mine is 3-8-79
    Wow, I had no idea I was so close in age to so many of you, I always felt younger than most of you lol. Especially DalekTek, i thought he must be like 30, but I guess he’s just smart for his age (yeah ,yeah, that’s it yeah sure LOL)

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

Yeah well, when I said various physical exercise, I didnt mean the gym. Thats just sick
    I meant running, a bit of squash or touch footy or the indoor sports

Anonymous

I’m sorry, but I must pull this down into the mighty gutter!

My favorite exercise….. *waggles eyebrows*

Do they include that sort of thing when they say aerobic exercise three times a week?

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Nirvanah Rimmer:
    Mine is 3-8-79
    Wow, I had no idea I was so close in age to so many of you, I always felt younger than most of you lol. Especially DalekTek, i thought he must be like 30, but I guess he’s just smart for his age (yeah ,yeah, that’s it yeah sure LOL)

Do I really seem older than I am? When I first started coming here, I figured most of the board members were about my age, since that’s who seems to be into sci-fi, teens and young adults. But now I’ve found out the average age here is quite above mine.

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

It’s cool there’s a bit of a spread in age. I remember sitting in the cinemas when Star Wars came out in 77. You couldn’t have gotten me to let go of the arm rests for anything, I was there !

Flamegrape
    Participant

I was born 29 February 1968, so that makes me about 8 years old.
    (nyuk, nyuk, nyuk)

Anonymous

I’m signing up with Age Concern after reading all your birthdates!!!, Squishy is not such a young lizard, my birthday being on the 19th of November 1970.
    I was actually looking forward to my 30th, as I believed I would stop being so silly and be more serious and turn into a hunky lizard, but I’m still daft as I was when I was 20 and yet to have hunkiness bestowed on me (though one nice young lady did describe me as such a year ago!!!).
    What I’m really surprised about is still being single, I often envisaged wedding bells and a divorce before 30, but I guess I still enjoy playing the eligible batchelor and being footloose and fancy free, as well as still being extremely silly!!!
    Squishy

FX
    Participant

Originally posted by Praxilla:
    I’m sorry, but I must pull this down into the mighty gutter!

My favorite exercise….. *waggles eyebrows*

it’s not exercise if you enjoy it exercise is something you hate and force yourself to do out of some misdirected sense of masochism…and so you can keep up with the young cluster lizards

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

Go hard squishy !
    Although I wouldnt change my marital status for anything, if I were single I would rather be single and 30 than single and 20 anyday.

Hollydays
    Participant

hmmm, well I was born in ’72 so that makes me 30 this upcoming Dec 22. But I don’t think of it as old…..

Squishy, I think cluster lizards age slower than mere humanoids, so perhaps the hunkiness factor is yet to be bestowed upon thee. perhaps you are already hunky but too humble to notice it, or have not yet had enough brains to get strong and hunky. You need to eat more!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Do I really seem older than I am? When I first started coming here, I figured most of the board members were about my age, since that’s who seems to be into sci-fi, teens and young adults. But now I’ve found out the average age here is quite above mine.

Oh, yes, you most certainly seem older than you are (to me anyway) .I think it has a lot to do with your vast amount of sci fi knowlege paired with you good grammar and spelling. LOL I have to say, most men or men-like beings your age aren’t very interested in learning or information (unless it’s information about girls bust sizes or football scores).

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Nirvanah Rimmer:
    Oh, yes, you most certainly seem older than you are (to me anyway) .I think it has a lot to do with your vast amount of sci fi knowlege paired with you good grammar and spelling. LOL I have to say, most men or men-like beings your age aren’t very interested in learning or information (unless it’s information about girls bust sizes or football scores).

I suppose I am very interested in learning and information (just don’t ask me about football scores or girls’ bust sizes, that’s outside of my field of knowledge ).

dgrequeen
    Participant

Tchh! 1970, 1973, 1968. You’re all just a bunch of babies yet! I’ve been *married* longer than most of you have been alive (of course, I was a child bride).

[ 23-02-2002: Message edited by: dgrequeen ]

Anonymous
    Inactive

20/04/1970

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by dgrequeen:
    Tchh! 1970, 1973, 1968. You’re all just a bunch of babies yet! I’ve been *married* longer than most of you have been alive (of course, I was a child bride).

[ 23-02-2002: Message edited by: dgrequeen ]

milk on their breath even i was getting depressed about having albums (YES, REAL albums, with album art!) older than a lot of these guys…but now you have made me feel better

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

I suppose I am very interested in learning and information (just don’t ask me about football scores or girls’ bust sizes, that’s outside of my field of knowledge ).

Did someone say girls bust sizes…where, WHERE!?!
    And football scores are informative, like half time or quarter (if you’re American), tells you it’s time to get beer from the fridge.
    LIKE BEER…BEER GOOD!!!
    Personally I run upstairs and grab my binoculars, check if the teenage harlet next door is getting changed and try to work out her bust size!!!
    LIKE BUSTS…BUSTS GOOD (except for the police kind!!!)
    Squishy

theVodkaCircle
    Participant

YES !!!! VINYL !!!!!!!!!!

Back when men were men, and rock music was something you had to have more than 3.5 minutes of time to listen to. Bring back the 7 minute single

Anonymous

“Aqualung” by Jethro Tull, lots of Floyd songs, “Bohemian Rashpody” by Queen, and “Paradise by the Dashboard Light” by Meatloaf. to name a few of my favorites

Anonymous

anything by black sabbath, motorhead, deep purple…oops. nearly forgot. 16 august…and apparently elvis was at no.1 that week with “the wonder of you”…

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by theVodkaCircle:
    YES !!!! VINYL !!!!!!!!!!

Back when men were men, and rock music was something you had to have more than 3.5 minutes of time to listen to. Bring back the 7 minute single

, and being a groupie was a thriving career choice

my vinyl is mostly stones, zeppelin, cream, blind faith, traffic and yardbirds, and of course,doors but no, not all original pressings

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    And football scores are informative, like half time or quarter (if you’re American), tells you it’s time to get beer from the fridge.
    LIKE BEER…BEER GOOD!!!

That’s interesting, because somebody told me there was no football in the U.K.

Anonymous

Yesterday was my birthay
    I didn’t get a gameboy advance though :'(

Anonymous

9/27/75

Slowly progressing into old geezer status

Anonymous

Happy Belated Birthday Nirvanah!!!
    sorry i didn’t get a b-day post up in the Pub forum. i thought i had more time before someone had a b-day. i have my calender out and will make sure i have everyones b-day written down in it.

Anonymous

i am going to go ahead and lock this thread before the BB gets wobbly. i will start a new thread for Sad Birthday List.

Viewing 41 posts - 1 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.