SadCAST – Episode 8 Shownotes – News and Reviews

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums SadCAST SadCAST Shownotes SadCAST – Episode 8 Shownotes – News and Reviews

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

SadCAST 8 was recorded on Friday 4th August at 11.30 PM GMT

Present were SadGeezer, Newkate, Faldor, Headgehog and Hollidays.

Review – Stargate Atlantis & SG1
    What the panel thought of thenew Stargate Atlantis (Season 3) and Stargate (Season 10)
    {There were video clips of each}

Sci Fi Channel Picks Up Enterprise et al[]
    SCI FI Channel has acquired the rights to multiple made-for-television movies and series from CBS Paramount Domestic Television, including Star Trek: Enterprise, the prequel series starring Scott Bakula and Jolene Blalock, as well as the series Haunted, Jake 2.0 and last fall’s short-lived Threshold. The deal also includes exclusive cable rights to the classic series The Twilight Zone, Tales From the Darkside, several Stephen King miniseries and made-for-TV movies including Primal Force and Trilogy of Terror II.

Atomic Plans 28 Days later comic[]
    Fox Atomic, the youth-focused entertainment unit of Fox Filmed Entertainment, announced a partnership with HarperCollins to publish and distribute graphic novels from Fox Atomic Comics based on the films The Hills Have Eyes and 28 Days Later, among other titles. Up to four graphic novels are planned for release in 2007, with content tied to Fox Atomic theatrical releases as well as original content.

Heros Free on itunes[]
    http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0607/29/index.htm

Beginning Sept. 1, iTunes will offer a free and exclusive download of the new NBC series Heroes – in its entirety – in addition to other bonus content from NBC, including series trailers and behind-the-scenes footage from the filming of Heroes.

In other Heroes news:

* NBC has released individual images of each of the characters. Click on the thumbnails for larger and fuller images.

Some Harry Potter News[]
    Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix comes out globally in both traditional theatres and IMAX July 13, 2007.
    lexxrobotech: I would really like to handle the Harry Potter section of the podcast. Any objections? If so, see my Blast-Ended-Skrewt.

Darkness Falls On Obsidian[]
    New York Times best-selling fantasy author Mercedes Lackey told SCI FI Wire that her new novel, When Darkness Falls (written in collaboration with James Mallory), concludes her Obsidian trilogy, an epic high fantasy for which she had the first idea 20 years ago. “I knew I didn’t have the skill to do it then, so I let it sit on the back burner,” Lackey said in an interview. “It is both a coming-of-age series for not one, but several characters, and incorporates all the epic good-versus-evil themes.”

Resident Evil 3[]
    Screen Gems has set a Sept. 7, 2007, release date for Resident Evil: Extinction, directed by Russell Mulcahy and written by Paul W.S. Anderson, based on the video-game series.

carup008
    Participant

I am a little late, I know, but after finally viewing all eight sadcasts, a big thanks and congrats all around for all (but especially you sadgeezer!) for taking the trouble to produce the videocasts.

Your reviews of, for want of a better description, non mainstream sicfi productions are especially interesting and appreciated.

Keep it up!

Anonymous

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

The team will be chuffed to bits ๐Ÿ™‚

MetalliKat
    Participant

add my appreciation to the list as well…despite some of the niggly little problems i seem to have downloading the casts, i have enjoyed them. it’s also great to finally ‘meet’ you all as well!!! ๐Ÿ˜€
    when’s the next one? i can’t wait!!!

Anonymous

Tonight and next week there will be a three part review of the Hitch Hikers guide to the Galaxy. It’s a massive project that’s taken a month to research and includes clips and news about the TV series, the Radio Show, Stage Productions, books, comics and the film!

I’ll probably do a review of either FLCL (a whacky and fast pased Anima sci fi series) or a sci fi horror series called MPD (Multiple Personality Detective) Psycho or the Russian classic film from 1986 called Kin Dza Dza. Loads of cool stuff that’s not so mainstream out there. I can’t wait myself! ๐Ÿ™‚

hishadow
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

I’ll probably do a review of either FLCL (a whacky and fast pased Anima sci fi series) or a sci fi horror series called MPD (Multiple Personality Detective) Psycho…

Just finished watching the MPD (Multiple Personality Detective) Psycho mini-series. Not to shabby. I think your genre tag should instead be “Takashi-Miike/Sci-Fi” ๐Ÿ˜‰

Short summary:
    The story is centered around a police detective named Yosuke Kobayashi that finds his wife killed by a serial-killer. Unable to cope with the loss, he gains a new personality in the form of Kazuhiko Amamiya. Amamiya, being a brilliant profiler, is able to track down the killer and during the confrontation kills him. But the killing of the serial-killer doesn’t seem to stop the killings. New bodies crop up everywhere and it seems that the same killer is still out there. Tooru Sasayama, a senior police detective that have been working with Amamiya in solving the murders, is still in the dark concerning the murders. The mini-series follows them and many other characters in their search for the origin of the murders.

Anyone out of stuff to see should definitely check this one out.

Notice:

This series is extremely graphic and if that’s not your thing you should avoid it.

The filming is done digitally without any form of post-processing, like adding grain and frame-rate adjustment. It gives it a kind of “cheap” look, but in my view brings the characeters “closer to life”, much like some of Lars von Trier’s work as Riget (The Kingdom)[/url].

Keeping up with the subtitles can be a bit hard at times, as the text is machinegunning away on the bottom of the screen. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

Good summary.

I found the whole series fascinating.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.