SadGeezer Up Again – Ooer, that was scary!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff SadGeezer Up Again – Ooer, that was scary!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Finally!

Sorry for the hassles guys, changed server, rebuilt database and sweated a lot ๐Ÿ˜‰

Normal service has now resumed! Whew!

Anonymous

I’ve just realised, we’ve lost a few posts from late last week (Sunday I think). Sorry about that, I think it was due to the backup for that day being corrupt.

theFrey
    Participant

Well, you are back and that is all that matters…. Hummm did this page load faster, or was that just my releif making me think it did?

theFrey
    Participant

Nope, it WAS faster.

Anonymous

Yep! A LOT faster!

The new host is pretty good. I’ve notr been ableto get hold of the dude today, but he’s been a massive help transferring the site to the new server.

More importantly, he’s a sci fi buff so he’s a big fan!

Fatguy
    Participant

Glad to see you are back in business! ๐Ÿ˜€ I guess the closest thing to swiching servers is a trip to the dentist….. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Maurice

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow but it’s good to be back!

nursewhen
    Participant

Woo Hoo! Good to be back and superfast too! RESULT!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome back, sadgeezer.com. ๐Ÿ™‚

bonnee
    Participant

welcome back Sadgeezer

I just assumed that Flamegrape took the site down with him. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous
    bonnee wrote:

welcome back Sadgeezer

I just assumed that Flamegrape took the site down with him. ๐Ÿ˜€

No, I think Flame just wants a rest from LEXX fandom for a while.

I must admit, I’m not finding the site as fast as it was on the other server!? Weird huh? Fatguy pointed out that the old server was slow but I (in England) was getting page loads of less than 5 seconds on a good day. It’s twice as slow on this server. Having said that, I noticed on LEXX.COM that a poster was complaining that she couldn’t get onto sadgeezer.com at all – ever (she blamed her service provider) so hopefully, those of you from blueyonder will be able to visit from now on.

nursewhen
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

I must admit, I’m not finding the site as fast as it was on the other server!? Weird huh? Fatguy pointed out that the old server was slow but I (in England) was getting page loads of less than 5 seconds on a good day. It’s twice as slow on this server. Having said that, I noticed on LEXX.COM that a poster was complaining that she couldn’t get onto sadgeezer.com at all – ever (she blamed her service provider) so hopefully, those of you from blueyonder will be able to visit from now on.

That’s odd because I’m blueyonder and I’m getting much faster load times now than I was before
    (p.s. that poster at Lexx.com is a he).

lexxrobotech
    Participant

*pilots his way back to the dark blue yonder*

Well, it’s more like a purple haze. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Im glad we’re up. As for the speed thing, Im really fortunate. My Africaness means Im totally immune to the concept of time… thus the waiting means nothing.

Anonymous

๐Ÿ˜€

Purple Haze, now that’s an ISP I’d like to be with! ๐Ÿ™‚

Nursewhen, I think some parts of the Blueyonder service are better than others. FOr instance, the reason I changed server was that I wasn’t actually able to get to sadgeezer.com!? I was only able to access the site by web (no email or FTP) by using the blueyonder proxy server setting. Other blueyonder peeps could get through it seems and yet one or two others couldn’t? Wierd huh?

Anyway, it seems that all my trouble are over (well, for the next few days anyway ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Glad to see that the service is so much improved for peeps!

streudel
    Participant

Welcome back, Saddy! ๐Ÿ˜€ I, too, have to say the page loads WAY faster for me on this server. Not saying it wasn’t well worth the wait before, of course. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.