Salter Street Media Release

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Salter Street Media Release

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

For Immediate Release

BARGOON.COM AND LEXX TEAM UP FOR ANOTHER AUCTION

(May 11, 2001 – Halifax and Toronto) Salter New Media announced today a second virtual auction featuring items from the hit sci-fi series LEXX. The event begins on May 14, and will consist of 12 separate auctions (2 per week), ending on June 25.

In addition to autographed scripts and postcards, bidders will have a chance to win costumes and props from the second season of LEXX. Costumes include those featured in the episodes “Brigadoom”, “Woz”, “Twilight”, “Patches in the Sky” and “Nook”. All items will include a certificate of authenticity.

The first LEXX auction, which included autographed posters and scripts, brought in over $1,000 for the Children’s Wish Foundation. “Based on the success of the last auction, we have decided to host another so that LEXX fans around the world can have another opportunity to own a piece of this show”, says Gulam Baloch, Producer of Bargoon.com.

LEXX follows the nomadic existence of four misfit characters who have inadvertently stolen the most powerful weapon of destruction ever made: a Manhattan-sized, sentient, genetically modified insect named the Lexx. Unique and stylized, the show disregards orthodox science fiction storytelling methods and creates its own off-beat world. Together with its record-breaking use of Computer Generated Imagery, this has made LEXX a true original in the sci-fi genre.

LEXX stars Brian Downey as Stanley Tweedle, the bumbling and self-serving captain of the Lexx; Xenia Seeberg as Xev, the insatiable love slave with an attitude; and Michael McManus as Kai, a 6000 year old assassin who, despite the fact he is technically dead, is an invaluable member of the crew. They are joined in their adventures by the love struck robot head, 790.

In addition to SCI FI Channel (U.S.), LEXX has been sold in 100 countries around the globe and airs on CHUM Television’s Space: The Imagination Station (Canada), Channel 5 (U.K.), Sci-Fi Channel (Europe), AXN Channel (Spain) and Canal Plus (France). LEXX fans around the world have created over 100 spontaneous fan websites.

Bargoon.com is a free community-oriented, consumer auction site which provides sellers with a platform for trade across Canada and buyers with price advantages based on free listings of new, collectible and used merchandise. On Bargoon.com buyers and sellers can list, sell, buy, and trade items free of charge. The site features products posted by individuals and businesses in over 75 product categories.

Salter New Media is a division of Salter Street Films. The company focuses on the creation of original, branded content for the Internet. Salter New Media products include Q1234.com, Canada’s leading portal for shareholder events; InvestorCanada.com, a webcaster of exclusive interviews with the world’s leading fund managers and financial experts; CollectorCanada.com, a service that webcast information on collectibles; and Bargoon.com, Canada’s premiere online auction site.

Salter Street Films Limited is an integrated entertainment company that develops, produces and distributes original film and television programming. Salter Street Films Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alliance Atlantis Communications Inc. It is headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. ALLIANCE ATLANTIS COMMUNICATIONS INC. is a leading broadcaster, creator and distributor of filmed entertainment with significant ownership interests in eight Canadian specialty television networks. The Company’s principal business activities are conducted through three operating groups: Broadcast, Motion Pictures and Television. Headquartered in Toronto, ALLIANCE ATLANTIS operates offices in Los Angeles, Edmonton, Montreal, Halifax, Shannon, London and Sydney. The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange – trading symbols AAC.A, AAC.B and on NASDAQ – trading symbol AACB. The Company’s website is http://www.allianceatlantis.com

——————

kaisothergirl2
    Participant

Hya Sad,
    thanks for the info

Anonymous

Hi there,

Hmmmm…..last aution Salter had, no one outside of the US or Canada could register for it. Has this been rectified?

Cheers!

BuggyXXXXXXXXXXX

‘..From The Planet Of Happy Fat Women..’

Anonymous
    Inactive

Last time we could register, but had to put down a US state and mention we were from the UK or something. Hope this time they have some smaller lots I have a slim hope of affording..

Tod
    Participant

Apparently it is not starting until Monday May the 21st. I too hope there will be items us mere peasants can afford!!

Anonymous

Well, don’t make the same mistake I did. I kept dropping out because it was getting too steep, forgetting I was bidding in CDN and forgetting to refer to a monetary converter. I still had leeway but didn’t realize it until a friend pointed it out, after it was over, of course. D’OH! I had a $400 limit and when they reached that I quit. Yep, quit, forgetting that’s only about $250, $260, $270US? Could a pulled my roots out, I could a. Well, I’ll try to remember the 21st and try to remember the converter this time. Of course, I’m saving for UnCon, so I may not have the dough to blow!

Anonymous

Also if you are a successful bidder, keep in mine you will also have to pay shipping and handling on top of what you have bid…So allow yourself about $50.00 or more for that. I know because I was one of the successful bidders on the last auction.

Anonymous

Uh, if I’m not mistaken May 21st has come and gone. Did I blink and miss the auction?
    What was it, something tiny like bugbomb’s broken antenna? (or, did bb have a broken leg? Ugh! Yet another excuse to watch the whole thing again! ) Someone email me when the auction really starts!(#@*^%! )

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited May 22, 2001).]

Anonymous

Does anybody know what’s up with the auction? Yesterday there was a LEXX section on Bargoon.com, and a bunch of items listed for auctions opening yesterday and every Monday until July. Today – NOTHING. I’ve called and e-mailed – but get no reply. aack!

Anonymous

I just got a reply from Bargoon. The Lexx auction has been postponed. It is supposed to start on May 28th.

Anonymous

Hey all!
    I looked and it is not there!?
    I think it might have been there for like an hour, as I searched for lexx at like 7, but didn’t click on the link and then about 3 hours later it was gone.

Does anyone know when it actualy starts or can I just not find it?

Anonymous

Checked again today, and the Lexx auction is still MIA. Anyone know what’s up?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.