Samwise in Jerrimiah

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

J. Michael Staczynski’s sci-fi drama “Jeremiah” is adding Sean Astin (LOTR’s Samwise) to the cast for it’s fifteen episode second season airing on Showtime next year.

I’d love to report more about the show but the irritatingly stupid *******s at showtime.com have a programme on their website that doesn’t allow anyone from outside the US to see details about their show.

Surely there is a law against such a thing

Anonymous
    Inactive

tried going through something like anonymizer.com (I think that was the URL)

bee
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I’d love to report more about the show […].

Maybe I can …

But I havent seen all the episodes of the first season, so I can’t tell you everything (which would be a spoiler anyways), only that it’s definitely a series worth watching, although i never liked Luke Perry a lot. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The genre is more of a future-western than sci-fi, but i cannot recall it being created so far.
    The creator is a franco-belgium comic writer called Hermann Huppen (*1938). He started writing Jeremiah in 1979 creating 23 volumes altogether.

I love it because it’s fresh. The setting is new. The story consists of a search. My life is a search. It’s a post-war atmosphere and the folks Jeremiah meets are multifaceted and original. The characters are refreshing and the makers leave you altogether unaware as to where the whole thing will eventually end up. Well, they better should.
    They keep searching for the place called Valhalla, where things are supposed to be better and they gradually find out that there is some military business and heaps of complots going on.

Hopefully it looks like they are currently working on season 2.
    I hate it when they just dump the whole series after 5 episodes and I really liked them. Same with Harsh Realm[/].

Hope this helped and convinced some more people to watch Jeremiah.

bee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.