SARS 2 – I Am Sick And On Anti-Viral Drugs.

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub SARS 2 – I Am Sick And On Anti-Viral Drugs.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Fatguy
    Participant

Yes…..I like a hook like that! Ok – I am sick and on the anti-viral drugs – but for Shingles not SARS. Why post this? Just the last part of a story I recounted farther down the thread list in this forum….. When I was working in the “hot” zones; I was never healthier – I was very hygienic and not a peep of any infection (I did everything in my power to be as healthy as possible). So imagine my surprise when I came down with this “old man” disease a week after they yank me out of “ground zero” and a week where SARS fell off the map of news worthy items here in Toronto. I thought it was heat rash from some hot weather over here – but no – Shingles (a sort of reoccurrence of Chicken Pox in old age). I went to the walk in clinic today and the doctor noticed it immediately. I mentioned that of all the things to get now (and she enquired about where I worked and quarantines, etc……). I guess she is seeing a lot of this type of illness now…..

Do more than is asked of you…..and get Shingles as your just reward. I guess this is the miniature form of post-traumatic-stress-disorder. Crises over, lower your guard and an opportunistic infection takes you….. Read any of my recent posts here and on other forums like Logan’s “The Prisoner” and you will see the “morbid” posts I was making recently. All one and the same I guess…..

However – I figured I should tell you the whole truth about my little experience (as very embarrassing as it may be). I figured my little story did not warrant this type of response from my body, but reality has shown it’s face – and I am humbled by it. I am no indestructible hero; just an aging ordinary frightened human being – that now must learn to relax. Thanks for reading this.

Maurice

streudel
    Participant

So sorry to hear about your illness. A co-worker of mine developed shingles, but left it untreated until she fell into a coma from the swelling on her brain. Miraculously, though, she has made a full recovery.

Sounds like you caught it quickly. That is most fortunate. Hope you feel better soon. ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

I know the feeling dude :/

For some strange reason, this year has been absolutely awful for me and illness. The wife too has been having lots of colds and contracted hay-fever for the first time in her life ๐Ÿ™

I didn’t feel particularly humbled by the stuff I got earlier in the year, it was more like anger. I’ve started kick-boxing again trying to build myself up in the hope that it will make me better able to fight the ravages of middle-age.

Fatguy
    Participant

Hey folks…..thank you for the sympathies. This is the first day that I have started to see improvement in this condition and hopefully will continue.

Sadgeezer – Yes middle-age; I guess I would be more accepting of my fate if I did not look so young. I am divorced with no kids ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜† ….., have all my hair and no pot belly; plus I work with mostly kids – so I carry the illusion that I am still at my peak. I can still flirt with young women and not get “the look” – but I know I am living on borrowed time.

Got a speeding ticket yesterday – first in years. I really got pissed off about it as it was an extra bit of stress on top of everything else. The cop I talked to (motorcycle cop…..) was the same age as me and we talked about the great condition of my performance car (that I used to race….. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ) and my shingles and his spots on the lungs (he said that to put my ticket and shingles in perspective). What I did not realize was that being singled out because of my car and pulled over for speeding – was a young man thing! Very soon I will look fondly at my muscle car days – as I drive down the boulevard at 20 mph in my “old fart” conveyance ๐Ÿ˜ฏ (hopefully I will wear a hat so as to warn other drivers of my status as an “old geezer”) .

Health will always put most things in life – into perspective. One thing I have learned – is that given the choice…..I really want to live – something you take for granted until you have to think about it….. Getting a ticket, looking at all those exposed female navels on a hot day, going to the parents for supper, are still things I still do but will eventually disappear in time.

The reason I started posting back here was mostly due to stress on the “home front”; and I missed talking with the kids – people I can still make an impression on….. I guess I really am living up to the term “Sadgeezer”. Guess I will go outside and just break into an all out run – nothing reminds you of life and youth when you “open the jets” to the max – hope I don’t get a heart attack…..

Maurice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.