Saw the latest Dr Who film last night..

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums British Sci Fi Series Dr Who Saw the latest Dr Who film last night..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

for the first time. At first I thought it complete garbage and to be honest, I’m still not sure that it wasn’t complete rubbish.

But I watched it right until the end, which surprised me. What did everyone else think?

I think it was cool of them to take a chance and make a new Dr Who film, we;’ve been waiting for one for so long, it’s a shame it wasn’t better though. {Dr Who snogging!!! – whatever will they think of next!}

Jhevz
    Participant

Sadgeezer,
    I didn’t get a chance to see the new `Dr. Who’ film; I take it you didn’t like it at all. Were there any good parts you did like about the new film? Who played The Doctor? Werem there any companions? Who were the bad guys, girls, its?
    Take care & have a great Fall & Veterans Day.

Whovians Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous
    Inactive

The film was made by Americans, and they don’t think you can have a film without a love angle somewhere. I can lend you the DVD with the commentary if you like

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oops, missed you there Jhevz.
    The Doctor was Paul McGann. There were two companions; a teenaged chinese gang member who caused the Doctor took a bullet for upon arriving on earth (while as Sylvester McCoy) and the surgeon who subsequently killed him by using anaesthetic designed for a different metabolism and a surgical probe designed for a different anatomy.

Anonymous

And a very attractive Doctor (medical) who played the love interest.

I did like the show (after thinking about it for a while), it’s just that it was VERY different from the original series. I don’t think that Paul McGann was the best choice of Doctor (he’s a very cool actor, just not the geeky weirdo we all know and love).

Thanks for the good wishes Jhevz Having the surname Fawl always makes me have a good Fall and being a Brit, we have a rememberance day rather than a veterans day – comming up next week I think. Hope your Fall and Veterans day was cool

Rag
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    Saw the latest Dr Who film last night for the first time.

Oh god. I’m sorry. Did no one warn you? I saw it fairly soon after it was released. Then again several years later just to make sure. Yes, it really is that bad. A serious dissapointment. I like the McGann lads as a rule, and I don’t think he did a bad job with what he was given. Sadly the plot sucked various kinds of excrement, the supporting cast were obviously shanghai’d from the woodentops (in joke for old Brits) and it just felt wrong. The scale was too big. The inside of the Tardis was huge (yeah, I know. Just leave it, ok?). The characters just rattled around in empty sets.

I now feel guilty for not warning you before. For anyone who hasn’t yet…

DON’T DO IT. YOU’LL JUST FEEL DIRTY AND USED!!!!

[ 08-11-2002: Message edited by: Rag ]

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Whovians,
    Oh it’s Paul McGann’s/American verison of the Dr; the 1 where Philip Segal tryied his hard to make, only to screw up instead; the 1 where both Chang Lee & the Medical Dr were his companions. The 1 where on Skaro (now blown up) turned the Master into a liquified state; the 1 where we all found out that the Dr., was half-human.
    I thought it was ok, but it could have, & probably should have, been made much better; for 1) not making the Dr half-human; 2) explaining more on why the Dr had to go to Skaro in the 1st place & 3) not having a love interest with the medical dr.
    Sadgeezer, I thought you were posting some new movie I hadn’t yet seen; not the 1 with Paul McGann in it.
    Take care & have a great Fall, Remembrance Day (Canada, UK) & Veterans Day (USA).

Whovians Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

I saw the movie (five times!) and I thought that it could have done better – Doctor Who is British and it should stay that way. I agree with Jhevz on the subject of the Doctor not needing a love interest and we didn’t need the bit where it’s revealed that the Doctor is half-human. IF IT WAS MEANT TO BE, THE BRITS WOULD HAVE DONE IT. The Americans stuffed it all up and, while I like the film, it could have done with some changes!
    But aren’t the Dalek voices cute?!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.