science fiction music?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

hi everyone,
    i’m a new member, and i was reading some post the other day about the first dune movie, and thinking about how i like the music in it, so i went and got the brian eno theme music, which i like very much.

Then i got to thinking about my favourite music from science fiction tv, and maybe that it would be good to ask if anyone here has some favourite sftv music.

my 2 favourites would be,
    1. Doctor Who
    2. Red Dwarf

Also nice are sttnng, st:ds9, battlestar galactica and the theme from the hitchikers guide tt galaxy radio series (i’m a canadian so i never saw the tv series,(also, i know its only like 30 seconds on radio, but i found an extended version on mp3 (same goes for red dwarf (also if you do a search on napster, you can probably find the hammond organ theme version of red dwarf, its pretty funny)))).

—————————–
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very
    angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

[This message has been edited by bugblatterbeast (edited April 04, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by bugblatterbeast (edited April 04, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by bugblatterbeast:
    hi everyone,
    i’m a new member, and i was reading some post the other day about the first dune movie, and thinking about how i like the music in it, so i went and got the brian eno theme music, which i like very much.

hello b cubed and welcome, i guess i like the dune music, and star drek themes, but i think my all time favorites are 2001 and clockwork orange, not original i know but still awesome

oh and does twin peaks count as scifi?

[This message has been edited by FX (edited April 05, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:

oh and does twin peaks count as scifi?

anything hoopier than lexx should get honourary cult scifi status i think!

——————
    ——————-
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very
    angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

Love the Lexx music, of course, and zone out completely to the Alien Nation music and songs. Star Trek has some great music, too; esp. that DS9 theme. It’s not a tv series, but I dig completely the War of the Worlds music. Oh, and a recent favorite, the E:FC series theme. I don’t know if there’s any soundtrack for it but I’d like to get a full version of that theme.

——————
    There is no character, howsoever good and fine, but it can be destroyed by ridicule, howsoever poor and witless. Observe the ass, for instance: his character is about perfect, he is the choicest spirit among all the humbler animals, yet see what ridicule has brought him to. Instead of feeling
    complimented when we are called an ass, we are left in doubt. (Twain)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by BlackCloud:
    Oh, and a recent favorite, the E:FC series theme. I don’t know if there’s any soundtrack for it but I’d like to get a full version of that theme.

Napster’s a good way to get t.v. themes and other rarities. I tried a search query with earth final conflict as the title, and got a full screen of different versions of the theme.

A search for lexx showed loads of items too.

I doubt anyone is that worried about copyright infringement of t.v. themes, since its really just advertising the show.

——————
    ————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

crusader
    Participant

I gotta agree with that LEXX being a favorite!!!

Aspecaly the Start theme in the first episodes of series 2!!!

I think that the Star Trek thems alsow is good!!! Buffy, V, Space:Above and beond, Flach Goron, Red Dwarf, Star Wars are some outhers!!! (Theres so manny so I cant really chuse) One of my apsolute favorite is the opening theme in Monster March from “Godzilla v.s Mothera” (Manny of my favorites is from the Japanise Godzilla!

When it comes to my altime absolute favorite Soundtrack music it is the music from the Final Fantasy games (Especaly Final Fantasy VIII) and the Resident Evil games (Especaly Resident Evil 2 (The escape from the lab theme))!!! And my al time favorite is the intro song to Final Fantasy VIII “Liberi Fatali” (Latin fore Children of the fates)!!!

You should try those games!!! There greate! (And the Resident Evil books to)

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    I gotta agree with that LEXX being a favorite!!!

hey crusader! whaddaya think about angelina jolie playing lara croft in the upcoming film of tomb raider, i am not a gamer myself but she seems like a good choice…

Anonymous

Mine would be Stargate and Angel (not quite SF I know), honorable mentions would go to Voyager, DS9, definately Red Dwarf – wadda crazy sci fi theme!) and my all time fave (well, for the moment anyway) would be the sixties classic, ‘The Prisoner’

——————

crusader
    Participant

I thinks so to, FX!!!
    Angelina Jolie has prepared herself fore the role quite good!!! She played al the games, worked out, lerned al the Lara moves aso.!!!
    She said that she loves advetures and she cinda looks like Lara to!!!
    I gota say that she takes her job seriusly!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

My favorites

red dwarf – (always good for singing along to)

Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy – very good tune puts me in a good mode

——————

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

I always like groovin’ to the Doctor Who theme music from the early Tom Baker episodes. I also love Angel and Buffy’s themes as well as Twin Peaks’. As far as movies go, my favorite piece of music is Han Solo and the Princess. I also like the music from Princess Monoke and Record of Lodoss War. And, I love Final Fantasy’s theme music like the Celtic versions of the music along with the songs from Pray.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Anonymous

D’uh, blabberin’ on about my favorite music and forgetting to say WELCOME! Welcome to the board Bugblatterbeast. I forgot about that Napster thingy. I’ll try that for E:FC. And, yeh Sad, that cello in Angel is to weep for; I love it!

DalekTek790
    Participant

I think the coolest Who music was in the Peter Davison era when they were doing the psychedelic rock-esque theme. For the 1996 Doctor Who movie they went back to a classical style, which sort of bugs me.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Welcome aboard Bugblatterbeast…but don’t eat me ok?*covers her eyes with her towel–if you can’t see it, it can’t see you*

hmm, theme songs…
    I love the Angel theme music and if that Recod of Lodoss War song Aeryn mentioned is what I think it is(Kiseki no Umi?), it’s good too. Lexx third season if good, the one that starts with the Brunnen-G song and gos into the cool music…but my favorite has got to be Babylon 5, fifth season…it’s so cool and epic sounding…

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

thanks for the welcomes everyone,

quote:

Originally posted by Catalina:

Welcome aboard Bugblatterbeast…but don’t eat me ok?*covers her eyes with her towel–if you can’t see it, it can’t see you*

hehe, ok, hey, where’d you go,

——————
    ————
    “In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”

-HHGTTG

Anonymous

Hi, bugblatterbeast! (c:

I agree with whoever mentioned the Star Wars music – I love the SW soundtrack, especially the binary sunset theme and Leia’s theme. A movie I’ve only just come to really appreciate, 2001 uses music really effictively, also.

TV wise, I really like the screechy Farscape theme. It’s just so…alien, and matches the nature of the series so perfectly.

All the music from Lexx is fantastic, especially the Brunnen-G theme, which I have a bad habit of singing while at work or walking upstairs, or in the kitchen or wherever… (c:

Oh, and Red Dwarf – the theme tune and the Cat’s “Tongue Tied”…

quote:

“When I saw you for the first time
    My knees began to shiver
    And I got a funny feeling
    In my kidneys and my liver…”

Hehe! (c:

Also, The X-Files. Songs in the Key of X is one of my favourite CDs. I remember hearing some of Moby’s music in the previous season, and it was just amazing…

——————
    The dead…do not Macarena.

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Catalina:

hmm, theme songs…
    I love the Angel theme music and if that Recod of Lodoss War song Aeryn mentioned is what I think it is(Kiseki no Umi?), it’s good too.

I just love the Lodoss music in general like Fantasia of the Wind, Adesso e Fortuna, and the song that’s played when Parn jumps down to save Deedlit at the end. Kiseki no Umi might be one of them, but I only know two of the song titles.

——————
    “I love you” “I know” – Princess Leia and Han Solo
    “First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me, blow” – Ash from Army of Darkness
    “Darling, you idiot!” – Lum from Urusei Yatsura
    “Who is this Anya!? Is she prettier than me!?” Xander’s sock puppet friend from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.