Scifi’s 2003 ad

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

Kudos to Scifi for acknowledging Tripping the Rift. In its new advertisement for its 2003 lineup, TTR is featured for a whooping 2.8 seconds! The first few frames feature the TTR logo, complete with the final “t” falling on its side. The last frames show Chode jiggling around.

Despite the sarcasm, this is very good news. Scifi so far has done very little in acknowledging its picking up of the series. For a while, myself an others beloved that scifi forgot about their investment!

Other parts of the 90 sec ad show scenes from big name movies they’re showing; ET, Red Planet, Apollo 13. (not really scifi, its a true story with a few minor things changed for Hollywood). It also features shots from its original series; SG1, Tremors, Dream Team, and Farscape (A show they once proclaimed as the best sci-fi series on television, then promptly cancelled). Finally we were treated with shots from the upcoming Children of Dune mini-series.

I’m going to try to find a video clip of the ad. If someone else has foudn one let me know.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.