Season 1 on DVD

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daystrom
    Participant

According to Play.com it is available 28th March.

Can’t wait. 8)

Also wondering when the links to this forum are going to stop taking me to the General Sci-Fi forum. (from “Sections”) ๐Ÿ™

Tos
    Participant

Must have that DVD!!!!!

Headgehog
    Participant

It never ceases to amaze me how America, a country which prides itself on its ruthless capitalism and marketing can wait so much time to put out TV Show and Movie DVDs. You guys are getting the DVDs only two months after the season ended. It’ll still be going through its first run over here by that time. We’ll be lucky to get our set within a year!

Not that it affects me much, but isn’t ยฃ40 ($75 US) a bit steep for a 13 episode season? Even Babylon 5/Crusade isn’t that expensive.

Daystrom wrote:

Also wondering when the links to this forum are going to stop taking me to the General Sci-Fi forum. (from “Sections”) ๐Ÿ™

Yeah, I’ll fix that now… I wasn’t sure anybody really used that drop down menu.

Daystrom
    Participant

Recommended Retail is closer to ยฃ50. (Play.com operates out of the Channel Isles).

A season of SG1 would have an RRP of about ยฃ60 when newly released on DVD.

That’s why a lot of people have multi-region chips in their DVD players ๐Ÿ˜ˆ , and why play.com also deals in R1 DVDs (or at least they used to)

We’re always getting ripped off in the UK ๐Ÿ˜ก You get used to it after a while.

AspirantNemo
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how America, a country which prides itself on its ruthless capitalism and marketing can wait so much time to put out TV Show and Movie DVDs. You guys are getting the DVDs only two months after the season ended. It’ll still be going through its first run over here by that time. We’ll be lucky to get our set within a year!(…)

Well, perhaps you’d rather enjoy your wait, eventually, since this DVD hasn’t the slightest bonus on it. No cut scenes, no commentary, not even a slim and cheap gallery. Nada. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

This is so depressing that i’m not the only french fan who’s decided he’ll wait for the _US_ zone 1 version ! (no kiddin’), for hope of a somewhat more “crunchy” edition. Crazy.

– Regards.

Sci -Fi
    Participant
    Headgehog wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me how America, a country which prides itself on its ruthless capitalism and marketing can wait so much time to put out TV Show and Movie DVDs. You guys are getting the DVDs only two months after the season ended. It’ll still be going through its first run over here by that time. We’ll be lucky to get our set within a year!

While that may be true, the Region 1 DVD releases often have deleted scenes, commentary, and all the other usual extra goodies. So waiting, probably a December release, may be well worth it. It would be nice if they could put together an *extended version* like LOTR does. Many of the deleted scenes are finished works and could be inserted into the story arc and give more insight into what the director and writer intended for us to see but was cut due to episode running time constraints. RDM did say there were 20 minutes that were cut from “Water” and would have explained everything a bit better or added depth. Here’s hoping….
    ๐Ÿ˜ณ 8) ๐Ÿ˜€

Headgehog
    Participant

I’m not complaining too loudly. I don’t know if it’s more the lack of special features, or the ridiculous price tag but I’m willing to wait longer. My only “complaint” per se is that the US takes its time releasing these things. Although it has gotten better in the last year…

In regards to deleted scenes, scifi.com [/url]has several clips per episode of deleted scenes. Just choose the episode and enjoy. Most of the deleted scenes are stuff that you’d expect. Simple things that would add flavour to the episode but are redundant or expendable. But a major one shows up in Water, where Baltar explains how the small G4 explosives could puncture the hull of the ship. That would have saved me from writing a rather embarrassing review

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.