Season 4 to be the last

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Season 4 to be the last

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

For those who weren’t there for the chat with Paul Donovan earlier tonight (copied from chat)

to : If Sci Fi is there monetarily for a 5th season for Lexx will there be one? Or are you planning on doing anything more after Saeson 4 ends? Movies perhaps?

we plan to end the show this season… ga

Some of the recent interviews have hinted that this may be the last season, unfortunatly we have confirmation.

Don’t kill the messenger
    -Headgehog

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    For those who weren’t there for the chat with Paul Donovan earlier tonight (copied from chat)

to : If Sci Fi is there monetarily for a 5th season for Lexx will there be one? Or are you planning on doing anything more after Saeson 4 ends? Movies perhaps?

we plan to end the show this season… ga

Some of the recent interviews have hinted that this may be the last season, unfortunatly we have confirmation.

Don’t kill the messenger
    -Headgehog

I kinda wished he hadn’t told us that (Paul D I mean), I was hoping come the end of the season he would change his mind, but he seems quite definite about it.
    I think the fans should get together and buy the Lexx rights and continue it ourselves…it seems stupid to end a show this good after what is really only three seasons.
    Squishy

Anonymous

What else did he say, I missed the whole
    damn thing, due to getting home late…if
    you can give me an idea, you won’t have to
    answer the reply I left for you on s/f.
    Thanx, (depressed already)
    Maya X

Anonymous

I’ve been figuring they would, but still.

I guess I’m not as mad at scifi now, if it was Paul D. who wanted the end.

So sad.

Strange, I didn’t think the first ep. I saw (Nook) was that great, now …

It took me over half a year to really like Lexx, and now it’s so important to me. I can’t imagine friday nights without the big bug.

Headgehog
    Participant

I felt the same way Hypatia after I read that quote. Well first I felt utter saddness, but after that, I thought that maybe scifi wasn’t to blame for this being Lexx’s last season.

In a sense I think its okay that Lexx ends now, its better if a show ends while its still good, then for it to go on for seasons showing crap. But I’s still rather see another season.

Headgehog
    Participant

I just noticed that this board cuts off the names of the people speaking. They were placed in between the greater then/less then characters. If you want ot know who said what, I put an simular post of scifi.com’s website. But in a few days they’ll have the transcript up anyway.

Sorry about that.

Anonymous

Oh, I’m sure that SciFi had something to do with it. I think the beans were just tired of fighting with them. Better to end things now while they have the funding before SciFi really screws them up and the series gets cancelled on an unfinished note like Sliders. But LEXX can at least be syndicated now. I have no problem with the story ending, I like resolve and I hate when series meander until they just aren’t good anymore and disappear.

TnanX for the info Headgy. I was thinking this was gonna be it from the start. That interview in Cult Times that Kali showed us said the same thing as well as have all the other things I’ve ever heard about the possible series 4. But I do keep also hearing about a possible spinoff series.

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: X ]

Anonymous

People, People, People! I think most of you are forgetting that Paul has said for a long time now that S4 is it. That means that this is a FINITE story. It definitely has a beginning and I’m sure the ending is going to be just hugely cool.

Does that mean that it’s the end of the concept? Probably not.

There might be backstory that could be brought to light or perhaps they will tie up all the loose ends in the 16 remaining hours of S4. Maybe he has other stories he wants to tell. I know I personally get sick of working on the same project after a few years and maybe he just feels that way too. Give him a break and thank him (& the other beans) for a story that has touched us all deeply.

IMHO I would much rather see the story end with a bang while it’s in it’s top form than see the creators keep it going just for the money (or whatever) and getting sick of it and letting it degenerate into something blase.

So to end my little soapbox speach I would like to thank Paul, Lexx and Jeff for the most entertaining show I’ve seen in years. Your twisted little gem has completely endeared itself to me. The highlight of my week is Friday night when it comes on the air. I have LOVED the first third of this season and look forward to the other two thirds. The final episode will be both joyous and sad for me. May your next creation be even more entertaining!

Thanks! – Douglas

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.