second to last episode!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx second to last episode!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

well guys, this was a deeply metaphysical episode, stanley having to confront his miserable little existence and miserable little excuses to…himself! and prince…i like the idea that we are our own judges, and that we ultimately cannot hide from our own condemnation…i also liked xev’s warm fuzzies in this episode, it’s like when the chips are down she rallies and tries to do the right thing despite all her disappointments (and season 3 over all has not been particularly happy for our xev what with prince and live kai/prince and the cod!)
    i am very eager to see the last episode of season three, and then to see it all over again what did you guys think?

Anonymous

I slept thru the ending!! WAHHHH!!!!
    Missed Kai’s wakeup. But I understand the reason for his waking in Gametown. Only the good live there.
    What interested me more was seeing Kai’s Brunnen-G clad soul floating in the limbo!

Poor Stan. I feel for him. He’s learning his lessons the hard way.

790 was priceless, Xev was sweet. Prince was just woderful. I can’t wait for the next ep.

The effects – however short, were increadible. I would love to see more of that. I recognized the ‘harness’ or ‘rig’ scene from the ‘Making Of’ and was surprised to see that it looked VERY real.

On another topic, religion seemed to permiate this ep, even tho’ the word never escaped anyone’s lips. I can’t wait for next week’s ep….

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    well guys, this was a deeply metaphysical episode, stanley having to confront his miserable little existence and miserable little excuses to…himself! and prince…i like the idea that we are our own judges, and that we ultimately cannot hide from our own condemnation…i also liked xev’s warm fuzzies in this episode, it’s like when the chips are down she rallies and tries to do the right thing despite all her disappointments (and season 3 over all has not been particularly happy for our xev what with prince and live kai/prince and the cod!)
    i am very eager to see the last episode of season three, and then to see it all over again what did you guys think?

I thought it was a great premise, with the visuals accomplished very well, but the flashback sequences went on for too long. I would have preferred to see some more vehement debate between Stan and Prince about where he belonged. It would have created more tension if Stan had been given more of a chance to voice his side of the story, and we had been led to believe that there was a slight possibility that he might argue his way onto Water.
    I did, however, like the near-return to the Xev of Season 2 (she’s been way too cold and impersonal this season), 790 (as always), and the repartee between Stan and Prince was great.
    Obscure reference #2: Did anyone besides me expect to see mermaids cavorting with Micky Dolenz during Kai’s voyage to the bottom of the sea? (*Two* meat pies to the first one to Name That Movie!)

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    but the flashback sequences went on for too long. I would have preferred to see some more vehement debate between Stan and Prince about where he belonged. It would have created more tension if Stan had been given more of a chance to voice his side of the story

exactly, i find the use of flashbacks an easy,low cost way to chew up an episode and i would have liked stan to try to understand his own motives and justify them better, the idea of creating our own punishment and hell, was very nicely done by whitley streiber (among others) in cat magic, there are of course more intellectual sources but that book mixed the idea of past lives, paganism and christian heaven and hell very nicely

Obscure reference #2: Did anyone besides me expect to see mermaids cavorting with Micky Dolenz during Kai’s voyage to the bottom of the sea? (*Two* meat pies to the first one to Name That Movie!)

hmmmm….more than one is a waste i find, anyway i know the movie of which you speak but i do not know the name so i guess i will have to pass…anyone else?!

–Aleck[/B]

Anonymous

Okay, so 2 meat pies is a waste. I’ll revise the prize of pies. ONE meat pie, ONE extra-large cannister of pineapple juice, and an autographed copy of “Aleck’s Encyclopedia of Worthless Trivia,” the perfect gift for those seeking to replace worthwhile knowledge with things they’ll never need, to the FIRST PERSON to name the movie featuring Micky Dolenz (star of TV and radio sensation “The Monkees”) cavorting beneath the waves with mermaids. Operators are now standing by! One entry per customer, please! (This offer void in most countries)

–Aleck

trillian
    Participant

quote:

–Aleck

*GAH* my brain! I know I know that movie, I possibly have even seen it on one obscure Saturday/Sunday afternoon, but I’ll be darned if I know what the exact title is. After a bit of research, I’ll hazard a guess- Head?

Do I get something for the developing headache this has given me?

OK, On to the topic

quote:

Originally post by FX:

I have been wondering about the sensations of the souls that are floating around, like where Kai’s and Stan’s souls were shown to be. Are they reliving events while they wait to wake? What determines when a soul will awake? Do they feel any pleasure or pain due to the respective planets they are on? What is their reality while they wait?

Also, why was Kai’s brace floating out of his arm in one scene? Did Sci Fi cut something, like him trying to shoot it and it failing? Just wondering.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

[This message has been edited by trillian (edited February 20, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Trillian:
    *GAH* my brain! I know I know that movie, I possibly have even seen it on one obscure Saturday/Sunday afternoon, but I’ll be darned if I know what the exact title is. After a bit of research, I’ll hazard a guess- Head?

That’s IT!!! You are the prize-winner! Look for your prize to reach you sometime within the next year or so. That is, of course, unless you live in Nebraska. Our delivery personnel are wanted by the police in the great state of Nebraska, and won’t set foot inside the border. Included in the package is a bottle of aspirin for your HEAD-ache.

–Aleck (the dolphins are laughing, goodbye goodbye…)

Anonymous

MMMMkkkk, Aleck. I guessed it, but was still unsure about the title till I scrolled down.
    Babe, I hate to tell yah this…but you’re sicksicksick.
    *Rust trembles at Aleck’s vision*
    I already lived through that, man….
    *walks off to watch the Atlantis space shuttle landing set for this afternoon around 2:30CST.*oh, wanna watch too?
    go to:
    http//:www.spacekids.com
    click on movies/videos/shuttle landings/featured vids/NASATV….choose settings/RealPlayer or Windows/and bam you’re there!

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Rust:
    MMMMkkkk, Aleck. I guessed it, but was still unsure about the title till I scrolled down.
    Babe, I hate to tell yah this…but you’re sicksicksick.

Oh, I don’t need anyone to point that out for me. I’ve known that for *years* now. Wanna know something else frightening? I watch that film at least 2-3 times a year. “Head.” Feel pity for those that must live with me.

*Rust trembles at Aleck’s vision*

*You* tremble? Think about what it’s like to *live* inside this head. No pun intended.

–Aleck

trillian
    Participant

quote:

That’s IT!!! You are the prize-winner! Look for your prize to reach you sometime within the next year or so. That is, of course, unless you live in Nebraska. Our delivery personnel are wanted by the police in the great state of Nebraska, and won’t set foot inside the border. Included in the package is a bottle of aspirin for your HEAD-ache.

–Aleck (the dolphins are laughing, goodbye goodbye…)

Ahem, that’s ok. I wouldn’t blame your delivery personal for not wanting to come here. Seeing as I would like to get out, how about meeting them at the border….wait…
    How do they feel about Iowa, Kansas, South Dakota, Wyoming or Colorado? I bet they are wanted there too, huh?

I was looking forward to the pineapple juice though.

Just to make this messege belong, was I the only one who saw Kai’s brace floating out of his arm in the water while he was just about to get sucked into the light? I’m a tad bugged by that.

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by trillian:

Just to make this messege belong, was I the only one who saw Kai’s brace floating out of his arm in the water while he was just about to get sucked into the light? I’m a tad bugged by that.

Yep, I saw that. Just looked like Kai was relaxing on his way down. Heck, it’s the closest he’s gotten to death in a millenia.
    *Rustam’s thoughts roam to other relaxed parts of the male anatomy*
    Tch, tch. Excuse my guttermind.

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

WAIT A MINUTE…!

Am I to believe that those two planets we’ve spent the last season wasting time on are Heaven and Hell?!? And Prince is the Devil?!? And all those people we’ve met are the souls of the dead?!? And now Stan is about to join them?!? And this justifies a flashback episode!?!

No. Stan must be dreaming. The writers wouldn’t make that big a mistake.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

Anonymous

Oooooo Dalek, it had to be done. Stan had to face his comeuppance and there needed to be some sort of confrontation and realisation…. its the easy step into the last episode.

Personally I thought that the clips were a little too long, but the imagery was great and Stan and Prince were wonderful.

Did you guys experience the feeling of desperation? I did. It wasn’t just Stanley’s predicament, the waves and the beach and the lonelyness of it all was in BIG contrast to the simplicity of the beautiful people of water and the nasty geezers and girls of fire. Good and evil were … a bit dodgy but pretty clear.

The beach was the place in-between and it was really uncomfortable.

Erm.. by the way, I really hated the show when I first saw it

{SadGeezer hides his head in shame}

——————

[This message has been edited by SadGeezer (edited February 21, 2001).]

Anonymous

Indeed I also saw the brace. Did anyone else notice the wetsuit Brian was wearing under his Stan suit? It was real noticable when he first washed up on the beach in the surf and again briefly when he got up. When he washed up, his trousers were pushed nearly to his knees by the waves. His legs were oddly black and shiny. I was pretty annoyed that they didn’t show his attempt to explose the Giga Shadow as it was emerging from its cocoon also they didn’t show any of the times when he went back for Kai or tried to save Xev from the rapist from Luvliner. The gondola section was very irritating. Fifi was a very bad person. To hold that against Stan was improper. It did show what an overall petty person Stan is though. But like may others, I thought the flashbacks became tiresome.

Anonymous

fx sniffs old meat pie and tosses it over her shoulder into east wing of sewer…okay, i did not notice the kai brace but i am taping this episode at one of the ungodly hours (did i just type that!!!! i used to do my best work at 2 am) sad, i am with you in that beach was lonely and eerie but as i like discussions of that ilk, and the concept that we are our own harshest judges, the show intrigued me over all…i think it is appropriate that stan could not think of the good things he has done because he thinks he is a worthless geezer too! prince is the ultimate lucifer, suave urbane and oh so reasonable,he never pushes, he just provides an opportunity and then allows events to play out…i was trying to explain lexx to my friend in florida while we were watching…i think i have a convert (fx smiles evilly) but i have to rewatch the eppy to get the finer points…i still think this is one of the better of season three…trillian, are you going to be joining us in hali for spiked pineapple juice? aleck, do you know the story behind the pineapple juice

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    aleck, do you know the story behind the pineapple juice

Actually, no. I just liked the sound of it when I first heard it here. I still like the sound of it.
    Not to mention that it comes in handy at the Tiki Bar I have set up in the den.

–Aleck (the only things missing in my life are little paper umbrellas)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.