SERIES 4!!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

another program quite like lexx? never! this is one of the most unique shows i’ve seen in a LONG time.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

Or anything better, i meant to say aswell.

——————
    quoth the Raven ‘nevermore’

Anonymous

Well I will say this from all my years of watching TV. Even the great beans them selves don’t know where Lexx will end. Paul even said him self in an interview that for the movies and series 2 they were gods of their universe but when they got to series 3 its kind of snow balled into something else. So the point is don’t count out Lexx just yet. I think a 5th series could happen but thats at least a year away so lets enjoy Lexx right now.

-SM

SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Is series 4 going to be the LAST series, if so do you reckon there will be another programme quite like it in the upcoming years, i don’t think so.

——————
    quoth the Raven ‘nevermore’

Anonymous

This was a big topic that everyone asked about at UnCon. The reply I heard was: at this very moment, there are no plans for a 5th season. BBBUUUUTTTT……

1) I do know that everyone on the Lexx production staff was flabbergasted at the large increase in numbers of fans who attended UnCon from the previous year. They are WELL aware that there is fan interest in a season 5.

2) I was also told that ratings on the U.S. Sci Fi Channel are key. If Lexx can improve its ratings on Sci-Fi (not that they’re dissappointed in the present ratings, but an increase would be terrific), that would go a long way towards making a 5th Season.

Remember, there wasn’t supposed to be a season 4, but good ratings & strong fan support caused it to be made. So, e-mail Salter Street Films & demand more Lexx & get your friends to watch. (P.S.–The 4th Season premier is FANTASIC. I can’t wait to see it again)

-wonderchicken

Anonymous

If the rest of the series is as good as the premiere, they’d be bonkers not to go for a fifth season. I can only see the audience getting broader and the show becoming more popular, as the show’s quality (production, special efx, cgi, etc.) improves upon itself.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by wonderchicken:
    1) I do know that everyone on the Lexx production staff was flabbergasted at the large increase in numbers of fans who attended UnCon from the previous year. They are WELL aware that there is fan interest in a season 5.

This is very true. It even filtered down to us at Acorn. Andrew at Salter Digital (or maybe it was Jennifer) went on about how they weren’t expecting that kind of turn out *at all*. I think they’re honestly surprised that the fan base has grown so much, and it has really turned their heads quite a bit. At this moment, I wouldn’t write off a fifth season at all, but as the delightfully-named wonderchicken said, it’s all about ratings. They can have people coming to conventions all the time, but if that doesn’t translate into a decent share, then Sci Fi won’t be likely to pick it up, and there you go. So, it’s vitally important that the word get out as soon as possible to anyone in any decision-making position that the fans want LEXX to continue for another season. I would definitely tell Salter that you want more LEXX, but the people who REALLY need to know are at the Sci Fi Channel. Salter may end up wanting to make a fifth season, but if Sci Fi won’t back it, the money won’t be there to do it. Unless they book it into first-run syndication like Xena or Hercules.

–Aleck

Anonymous
    Inactive

Actually, there always *was* supposed to be a series 4, but it was supposed to be the last.

Anonymous

See thats what I mean…that in the world of TV and film even Yoda can’t see it clearly.

-SM

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by wonderchicken:
    I was also told that ratings on the U.S. Sci Fi Channel are key. If Lexx can improve its ratings on Sci-Fi (not that they’re dissappointed in the present ratings, but an increase would be terrific), that would go a long way towards making a 5th Season.-wonderchicken[/B]

Lexx is in big trouble then. I have been watching SciFi and have seen nine million promo’s for FarScape But I have *yet* to see one d*mn mention of the upcoming new season of Lexx! You may want to write them and complain. If you do email and write them, it is especially important for the ladies to mention their gender and if you fall into their favored demographic range. This is what SciFi is currently boasting.

36% are 18-34
    61% are 25-49
    42% have a HHI of $50,000 – $100,000
    49% have a college degree or better

If you follow the demographic stuff at all, then you know that women make most of the purchasing decisions in a household. High Income of course can purchase higher priced goods, better education more familiar with tech ect… So if you match one or more of these criteria, let them know they are aggravating their targeted demographic group.

I always follow up an email with a snail mail. I mean after all you already have it written, and companies pay a LOT more attention to regular mail since they know your have made an effort to reach them.

Ms. Bonnie Hammer
    President
    The Sci-Fi Channel
    230 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10020-1513

[email protected]

BlackCloud has a great link with lots of other addresses to write too. http://dragonfliers.homestead.com/Addresses.html
    Remember it is never too soon to start working on Season 5.

——————
    thefrey
    Creator of the Kai Klone Doll and the Kai Kaption Screensavers http://members.home.net/thefrey/%5B/url%5D

Thanks for the Update on Ms. Hammers promotion.

[This message has been edited by thefrey (edited July 02, 2001).]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

Ms. Bonnie Hammer
    Executive VP Programming
    The Sci-Fi Channel
    230 Avenue of the Americas
    New York, NY 10020-1513

[/B]

As of April 30 this year, Bonnie Hammer was promoted to President of the Sci-Fi Channel.

And in a recent article in the LA Times (in which the only mention of LEXX was “also on the schedule is the third season of LEXX, featuring the love-sick robothead, beginning July 13), Ms. Hammer said that one of her goals was to attract more women viewers, so mentioning that you have girl parts would be a very good thing.

Kali

Anonymous

thanx thefrey and kali, will do…since my job interviews with several groups that were specifically looking for women,and wishing to exploit me as such , i feel like i am on a roll (FINALLY?!) so maybe my small little voice will help…did you see the results of the poll on scifiboard AAACCCKKK not one mention of lexx anywhere…

Anonymous

Taking a page from Red Dwarf..

At least it’s good to know that somewhere in another dimension parallel to our own which is similar but somewhat different.. we can be sure that LEXX is the number rated show in the world

crusader
    Participant

LOL!

Well, Im calling often and asking when LEXX series 4 is up for sale (Witsh is soon, I hope! Its the only way I can get it) and will be spending mutsh money on it so only that should be enoth to pay for a series 5!

Well, lets hope that Paul will change his mind about quiting the LEXX team (The chanse of a series 5 will be greater then) and hope that series 4 will be a hit!
    The only thing that can stop the LEXX series for what I can se is that they will want to stop it when its on the top! (It has happend with manny shows before)

Lets pray for series 5 and enjoy series 4 (Witch looks like the hole series will take place on earth! I know that manny of you wants them to move on from earth after the first episode but I dout it!)!

——————
    I am the crusader

Anonymous

LOL X that’s my thinking as well. Every time something bad happens in our world I like to think that it didn’t happen in another dimension. Like wise for Lexx I like to think that in another dimension it’s big and strong and Farscape is the one struggling for breath.

-SM

Anonymous

Have you SEEN Ben Browder? That hottie could make any show a success! It’s certainly not the storyline that makes that show a success.

Anonymous

Auuugh! *seeing purple* No, no! Well, I guess Ben appeals to a different audience than Michael McManus. He’s sort of different….
    But if you don’t like him there’s always….
    790…

Uh, back to the topic at hand…No, not THAT hand! (You never know where it’s been…!)

I think that SciFI will pull through if we torture them enough. I plan to, this year.
    Why not? *shrug* Can’t lose… I mean, at least we got this season….and I’m pretty darn happy about it

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.