seven days

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I personally think this programme is rubbish.
    It ignores the obvious paradox of meeting yourself when you travel back through time.
    Any arguments?

P.S Bladerunner is THE cult film.
    Wake up! time to die!

Anonymous

there is no paradox in meetnig yourself in the past on the condition that you still go back and meet yourself again so you experience the same conversation twice.

——————
    “Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.
    “No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!”
    “Its heading for his testicles”
    “Take it, take the leg!!!”

[email protected]

Anonymous

I agree with you Jabba.

I don’t really watch seven days but I think the main character is cute.

——————
    “The Minbari say. . .something really profound.” -Marcus
    (B5 blooper)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by roy batty:
    I personally think this programme is rubbish.
    It ignores the obvious paradox of meeting yourself when you travel back through time.
    Any arguments?

Couldn’t agree more ROY.
    I kept asking people about meeting yourself when you travelled back in time. All they could say was that when he travelled back, he changed the future??
    I think they slightly missed my point.
    I watched a few eps just to see whether they would explain the paradox, but now I avoid it like the plague. Seeing as I watch virtually every sci fi show on tv, this is just total dross and not worthy of the title “sci fi”.

——————
    I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Replicant Roy Batty in Bladerunner.

Anonymous

Thanks dodgydaz, At least someone knows what I mean. For those that dont try reading ‘The Man Who Folded Himself’ by David Gerrold.
    The problem is that the parker who is sent back does not return to the future, but stays in the same time-line as the parker who is yet to be sent back, so for seven days there would be at least two parkers at the base. Its just another example of formula writing. i.e ‘cute’ main character,
    love interest character, token black character, stupid character who hates hero and assorted stereotype scientists. Its what gives science fiction a bad name.

[This message has been edited by roy batty (edited August 18, 2001).]

Anonymous

I don’t think that Seven Days was all that bad… I’m not one of these people who try to pick holes in perfectly acceptable plots. Besides, I reckon there’s some sort of weirdo science thing in The Sphere that makes sure that there aren’t two Parkers, or some quantum mechanics thing that fixs everything… but I understand if some of you don’t feel that way. But I’d feel better if we all stopped bagging out shows. It would make the world so much nicer.

And remember, there are always billions of us, for every decision we make. Haven’t you ever heard of the Trousers of Time?

Anonymous

Well, I know I’m all for the trousers of time.

And, when you share a tv with a lot of people and all they watch is Friends and other sitcoms, it’s kind of nice to come across anything remotely sci-fi (3rd Rock From the Sun not included)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.