sexual imagery in lexx

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx sexual imagery in lexx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

Do you have any pictures of Stan’s ‘penis’ that you could upload Flame? Preferably one where Stan is limp (read – when the Lexx is hungry) and another where Lexx is ejaculating Stan’s entire ‘load’ of grievances upon an unsuspecting planet. You would be a scholar and a gentleman if you could manage it.
    ——————–

[ 16-03-2002: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

Anonymous

lol!

Hmmmm I’ll certainly give it a try. Tho editing pics like that require stock images of gay men in sexual acts.

Its not that I dont like editing those pics, its the search for these images off newsgroups and websites looking for the right ones to edit with.

Heh, I wonder how long this thread will last.

Anonymous

too long already….

DalekTek790
    Participant

The Lexx as a phallic symbol!?! That requires some pretty serious loosening of associations. What’s next? Babylon 5? The Emperor Dalek? Lightsabers?

bonnee
    Participant

quote:

The Lexx as a phallic symbol!?! That requires some pretty serious loosening of associations.

Don’t you mean a hardening of associations Lee? Or is that a Freudian slip – into something comfortable?

According to Charles Peirce – one of the two main founders of semiotics (the study of signs and symbols) – the fabric of the universe is made out of signs. The “entire universe is perfused with signs, if it is not composed exclusively of signs”. Indeed, sign as matter is why its matters (is entirely SIGNificant for those within it).

Within the context of the Lexx universe/s, it should not be thought insignificant that the Lexx’s appetites often coincide with Stan’s, and that the resulting frustrations exhibit themselves within Stan’s in/ability to let the Lexx compensate accordingly.

I am convinced that if Lexx were more widely known, literary and cultural theorists would think it so obvious as to want to associate themselves with Lexx – in order to signify their own place within the known universe.

[ 17-03-2002: Message edited by: bonnee ]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.