Shanks confirmed to leave SG1

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Stargate SG-1 Shanks confirmed to leave SG1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

In a recent interview, ( http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2002 -01/15/12.00.sfc ) Amanda Tappign (Mgr Sam Carter) told scifi that Micheal Shanks (Dr Daniel Jackson) will be leaving after the shows fifth season. Shanks according to rumor was leaving the show because he felt that his character wasn’t growing enough. Tapping told Scif that she is unsure about what will happen in the 6th season or if Shank’s character will be replaced by a permanent crew member. She did comment on how not knowing what is to come, is very frustrating.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    The details of how Dr Jackson will leave the show is still skectchy but the interview indicates that he will be ascending to a “higher plane of existance”, whatever that means is beyond me! But she said that he may be coming back for cameos in s6, so he probably wont die.

[ 17-01-2002: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

Anonymous

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo

*takes a deep breath*

ooooooooooooo……………

(actually I’d heard rumours but if only it weren’t true)

Anonymous

DITTO!!!
    now as to this ‘higher plane of existence’ maybe that means that he will go to the ancients where his grandfather is.
    i hope this isn’t spoilerish! i am not sure when this ep aired but it was a while ago and it was on FOX in syndication, not on Showtime.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mary beth:
    DITTO!!!
    now as to this ‘higher plane of existence’ maybe that means that he will go to the ancients where his grandfather is.
    i hope this isn’t spoilerish! i am not sure when this ep aired but it was a while ago and it was on FOX in syndication, not on Showtime.

Unfortunately, I’m one of those mad people who need to know what’s going to happen, so I went to somewhere that could tell me.
    *Warning—Spoiler Coming*

In an ep review, I read that Daniels replacement Liander Quinn is introduced, and that this happens just before the season finale of season 5, so either Shanks goes in the last ep or at the beginning of S6.
    BTW, the higher place that Daniel’s grandfather reached was acheived by the Crystal Skull, I thinks it’s more likely he will join the higher beings of light (the floating light thingy) he met when protecting that baby, I think they wanted to take him then.
    Squishy

Headgehog
    Participant

Shanks is leaving at the end of the fifth season. In the uinterview she said his departure has already been filmed, and s6 has started filming yet.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:
    The details of how Dr Jackson will leave the show is still skectchy but the interview indicates that he will be ascending to a “higher plane of existance”
    [ 17-01-2002: Message edited by: Headgehog ][/QB]

Higher plane of existance? Does that mean Will Weaton and the Traveler will come get him?

-SM

Anonymous

THARE CAN ONLY BE 2 DANIEL JACKSONS michael shanks and james spaider THEY CAN’T GET RID OF DANIEL!!!

[ 29-01-2002: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

Anonymous

I know how you feel, but did you HAVE to start yelling that when I was sitting next to you???????

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Squish-ums:

Unfortunately, I’m one of those mad people who need to know what’s going to happen, so I went to somewhere that could tell me.
    *Warning—Spoiler Coming*

In an ep review, I read that Daniels replacement Liander Quinn is introduced, and that this happens just before the season finale of season 5, so either Shanks goes in the last ep or at the beginning of S6.
    BTW, the higher place that Daniel’s grandfather reached was acheived by the Crystal Skull, I thinks it’s more likely he will join the higher beings of light (the floating light thingy) he met when protecting that baby, I think they wanted to take him then.
    Squishy

Oh well, got the name wrong, it was Jonas and not Liander Quinn, but got the ending right, it was the omah da sala (floaty light thingy) from Keb that takes Daniel to the higher plane.
    Quite a sad ending for Daniel, the burns make up was pretty good though.
    Squishy

Anonymous

I thought it was a relatively good ending as endings go ๐Ÿ™‚

Sky announced that the season finale was next week?!?! Is that right?

I thought that we were only half way through this season. Is it one of those American split series things?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I thought it was a relatively good ending as endings go ๐Ÿ™‚

Sky announced that the season finale was next week?!?! Is that right?

I thought that we were only half way through this season. Is it one of those American split series things?

It’s definitely the end of the current season this wednesday, but it did seem like a very short season, it feels like a few weeks have gone since we saw Teal’c turn back into the good Teal’c.
    Squishy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.