Shed 10,000 Tears for Lexx

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Shed 10,000 Tears for Lexx

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Romboy
    Participant

We in the UK have finally seen the last episode of Lexx. What can I say…WOW! A class end for a class act. I haven’t felt that emotional about the end of a show since Blake’s Seven! We should all shed 10,000 tears for Lexx, something that original doesn’t come along to often in today’s TV. Yo Way Yo…

UberToaster
    Participant

Romboy speaks the truth. Great last episode and series, IMHO. Can’t remember ever feeling emotional about the end of a TV show before – Deaths of Lexx and Kai got to me… Stan should have volunteered to blow up the asteroid – would have been out of character though, I know.

Woe is me! Just hope Lexx inspires someone to make something anywhere near as good. ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Shooo!

How’bout a spoiler warning there UberToaster! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€

I think the end of Robotech was the most emotional for me. (Actually, the end of the first series, because it brings that whole Robotech generation to a close.)

UberToaster
    Participant

I did think about putting a spoiler warning… But I know that us UK residents have been avoiding finding out what the ending was for the last three years – with any number of spoiler-filled posts on these boards.
    Now that the last episode has been shown on terrestrial in the UK I’d guess everyone who’d want to see it has seen it…
    If not, they shouldn’t be reading a thread with such an obvious ‘The end of Lexx’ type title.

mysteriesofthesea
    Participant

then both…begin again!! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anonymous

The Lexx is dead! Long live the Lexx!

iStan
    Participant

We can celebrate the end of spoiler warnings in the Lexxian community. Tah-rah, tah-rah.

The ending was great and it was moving. I shed a tear or two, something that no series has ever provoked in me, and felt a mixture of frustration, sadness, and elation (cheery bye to the annoying robotic spittoon).

And, as mysteriesofthesea said, follow the Time Prophet’s advice. Even though Lexx had a very sad and apparently final ending, thanks to the wonders of DVDs Lexx begins and then Lexx ends and then Lexx begins once again. It is happening now, indeed I’m watching S2 this week.

bonnee
    Participant

The spirit of Lexx lives ! Well, not really – but if you want to see a movie with a similar plot to the finale season, go see Sky Captain and the World of Tommorrow. The giant robots are way cool, and the spaceship ark storyline not too dissimilar. You’ll have to forgive the crap writing, waver thin characters, poor dialogue and innane plotting. Come to think of it – Lexx lives! ๐Ÿ˜›

n5 -kopele
    Participant

You have visited this petition ( http://www.webpetitions.com/cgi-bin/print_petition.cgi?99498698 ), right? And you have written e-mails to Alliance Atlantis ( [email protected] ) to persuade them to release the copyrights and allow the making of a new Lexx movie?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.