Shopping for Lexx & Hidden Fans

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx Shopping for Lexx & Hidden Fans

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

I wanted to relate this experience to all of you.

Yesterday, I decided to finally go out and look for the Lexx S2V4 DVD. I went to Best Buy, a popular store here in the USA. They didn’t have it! It’s available at their website, but not at that particualr store (they had the three others, BTW). So I went to Sam Goody’s at the mall (gag, ack, barf!) and they had it there. The prices are high there, but they had S2V4 and a few MST3K DVDs I was looking for.

At both places, I also looked for the Lexxsoundtrack CDs. No luck. So I went to a third store, The Disc Exchange. They didn’t have them either, but I knew they would order copies for me without any problem.

So I ask the tatoo-covered guy behind the counter about ordering the discs. He said, “Oh yeah! Lexx! You know, I really liked that show! But I lost track of it.” I asked him what was the last episode he saw. He said that it involved “a war with balloons.” I told him that was last season and that the new one is about them visiting Earth. He was amazed and also disappointed that this was the last season.

But it amazed me even more to see that someone who obviously watches the SciFi Channel, and liked Lexx, had no idea that there were new episodes of Lexx!!!!

SciFi Channel got new Lexxfans last season! What happened? They rescheduled it to the graveyard shift while other shows remained on primetime, that’s what happened. They lost potential fans! And it constantly feels like they did it on purpose! We’ve been talking about this very subject on SadGeezer. To witness it in person is disappointing and somehow reassuring at the same time.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.