Shrek 2 – Spoilers Ahoy!

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Shrek 2 – Spoilers Ahoy!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Well that was just a hoot. I went to see this Saturday with theSpouse. I loved it, he slept.

I had to keep poking him, so he would not get into a deep sleep and start a movie-clearing snore.

Anyhow. Where to start, I loved the way altered Shrek looked. Still Shrek-y, yet hunky at the same time. I thought that the King and Queen were pretty spot on, character wise.

I was totally fascinated by the fairy-god Mothers glasses. Go figure.

Possibly the part I loved the best is when shrek and Donkey went into the magic factory, and managed to get in by using their rights as Union Rep’s to scope out the place looking for violations. ๐Ÿ˜‰

And what can I say, the spoiler police can scream all they like… but watching Antionio Bandares creating his character only enhanced my enjoyment of Puss-in-boots. When he did “wide eyed kitty” everyone in the movie cheered. And then when he did “La-cuisnart Kitty” immediately afterwards we all laughed. ๐Ÿ˜€

In the words of that immortal being…. Hades…. two thumbs Way up babe!

Anonymous

I was dragged to the first one kicking and screaming and I ended up really liking it. It was nothing as advertised. Some of the humor in the first film was pretty dark and hilarious, like the whole Gingerbread man bit. Whereas things like the wrestling scene had my peeking at my watch.

I plan on seeing the second one, but no matter the film because Jennifer Saunders is in it. She may very well be the funniest woman on the face of the planet in this ‘geezers opinion. She plays the Fairy Godmother.

Note: Not the “Good Fairy Godmother” just “Fairy Godmother” hehe. I expect her to be deliciously evil as always.

Deathscythehell
    Participant

i cant wait to see this movie, it looks hillarious. and props to the frey for using the Hades comment, hes my favorite cartoon charachter of all time, james woods was great as him, i bought kingdom hearts just to hear his voice as hades ๐Ÿ˜†

lexxrobotech
    Participant

LexxLurker : I take it you’re an ab fab fan. ๐Ÿ˜†

I’ll go see Shrek 2.

Anonymous
    lexxrobotech wrote:

LexxLurker : I take it you’re an ab fab fan. ๐Ÿ˜†

I’ll go see Shrek 2.

I love AbFAb, but even better is French and Saunders =)

Everything from spoofs on Guns and Roses to Star Wars Episode 1, they’re experts in: “What is funny”.

As for Shrek 2, I’m probably gonna see it tonight, should be fun ๐Ÿ˜€

aquabloodstone
    Participant

I went to see the last showing with my sister on Wednesday night. I really enjoyed the movie, I love Jennifer Saunders as well, AbFab or French and Saunders. What really ticked me off was missing the credits. Freaking 11:30 p.m. and they turn the !@#$% projector off! ๐Ÿ˜ก Oh well, we got two free passes after the ranting and raving. Still, I feel cheated. ๐Ÿ™

ilyekkakai
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ Gee..I can’t wait to see it ๐Ÿ™‚

sounds like a lot of fun ๐Ÿ˜†

theFrey
    Participant

Headgehog on Friday, November 19, 2004 – 08:42 AM – DreamWorks has tapped Jon Strauss and Ed Decker to write a script for a Shrek spin-off movie, featuring Puss-in-Boots. Puss played a swashbuckling Zorro-esque cat, and was voiced by Antonio Banderas. DreamWorks is considering a direct-to-video release of the film. Nothing is confirmed yet, but it is expected that Antonio Banderas will return to voice the role.

Squeeeeeeeee

Oh my god that is great! I am not an Antonio Banderas fan (although he was pretty good in Evita) but I loved his ‘Puss…. in Boots!’ portral. And if they get any kind of a script like Shrek 2 it will be greatness. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.s. has anyone else had the Shrek M&M’s? Orgerly colored and extra large…. weird. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.