Site down again :(

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

my host, datacities.com can’t seem to keep the site up for a whole week without some major problem ๐Ÿ™

The site was down for most of Sunday and there are currently some issues with access for European members and visitors.

If you notice that the server is running abnormally slow (ie. it takes more than 20 seconds to load a page) please leave a message here (don’t forget to give your general location).

Thanks.

Headgehog
    Participant

The site has been off and on very slow for me the last week. However the last day has been abnormaly slow. It’s like I’m back on a 2400 baud modem!

I’m in Philadelphia, PA USA and use a cable modem.

bonnee
    Participant
    SadGeezer wrote:

If you notice that the server is running abnormally slow (ie. it takes more than 20 seconds to load a page) please leave a message here (don’t forget to give your general location).

Thanks.

The new Sadgeezer takes just as long to load for me as the old Sadgeezer – sometimes longer (15-25 seconds on average). I’m sort of surprised, because I thought the revamp was intended to increase the site’s accessiblity/manageability. Interestingly, I note no discernible difference if I use my cable connection or dial up. I suppose an unreliable service provider makes all the hard work for naught. ๐Ÿ˜•

I post from Melbourne Australia, and generally use a cable connection.

Anonymous

i’m posting from Leicestershire. tried using my computer, which is on NTL (cable/dial-up). gone away, made cup of tea, page still not loaded. gave up. am on other half’s computer at the mo, on a BT line/AOL dial-up. pages taking anyway between 30s-4mins to load ๐Ÿ˜• it’s making looking through the site very hard work indeed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.