Slander at SciFi.Com

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Flamegrape
    Participant

Astonishing. I didn’t have to look very far to find offensive and insulting posts at SciFi.Com/Lexx:

quote:

Originally posted by SciSpider at SciFi.Com/Lexx:
    SUBJECT: Complaints? Try sending them here.

[email protected]

Or here

[email protected]

Or here

[email protected]

These are the E-Mails of vyX aka SeethingBitch aka EvilVyxen, and Gelfling at the SadBOARD. Since she forgot to add her own in her post I thought I’d correct her mistake accordingly.

Visit her websites today! http://www.geocities.com/beautifulsorrow/%5B/url%5D
    http://www.geocities.com/vampirejoe2001/%5B/url%5D
    http://www.geocities.com/vampirejoe2001/%5B/url%5D
    http://www.geocities.com/beautifulsorrow/APEC
    http://www.geocities.com/beautifulsorrow/APEC

View Gelfing’s rambling, posting stupidity at the SadBOARD!

…and the reply to it was…

quote:

Originally posted by Scaper01 at SciFi.Com/Lexx:
    The poetry was godawful, the art strips looked like a five year old made them and the Sadgezzer board was a craphole. Why don’t they like your FFs? So they sit over there and complain that we have fictions at Farscape and Lexx? Huh?
    Those faggots can just stay there if they don’t like our members ways of posting fictions. They don’t want to start flaming the Farscape board if they do let us know, I know plenty of people who will have something to say to the tiny, miniscule Sadgeezer club.
    Hey that’s no good that Lexx isn’t being renewed or renewing itself, come to the Farscape board if you get bored. If this board goes away and there’s no way to post your fictions anymore you might be able to get away with posting them at Farscape if you condense the chapters to one post. Hey if this board is closed it’s worth a shot. And you’d still be at the Sci Fi Channel where it’s no problem to put up fan fictions.

Aren’t some of the people at SciFi.Com/Lexx nice? It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
    Anyway, i replied with this:

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape at SciFi.Com/Lexx:
    SUBJECT: Just a minute, now…

These insults are unfair to the nice people over at SadBoard.

Recently, the people over at SadBoard have heard about this skermish that has been going on over here at SciFi.Com/Lexx. The subject reared it’s ugly head when a few of the APEC members started posting there. (And they still post there, they’re nice people.) A few regular SadBoard posters recognized these APEC members and called them out as finks and accused them of trying to “take over” SadBoard with fan fiction. Many of the others at SadBoard had never heard of APEC, myself included. Since then I’ve been finding out more information from boths sides of the arguement.

My opinion, thus far, is this. The SciFi.Com bulletin board system is a technological piece of junk. No, I’m not talking about the content of the posts. I’m talking about the computer programs that run the system itself. Threads disappear and are forgotten when new ones appear. And with the popularity of APEC and their fan fictions, it has made this weakness of the SciFi bulletin board even worse. It makes it difficult, if not impossible to maintain focus on any given thread for extended periods of time. On top of all of this, there are no moderators here at SciFi.Com/Lexx to keep harassment and abuse under control. Because of various combinations of these reasons, many Lexx fans have been happier posting messages at the SadBoard over at SadGeezer.Com.

Then this message-board anarchy started to spill over to SadBoard. The harassment that occured there was quickly stopped. This is because, unlike here at SciFi.Com, there are several moderators that watchdog. The controversey has undergone extensive discussion and scrutiny among the regulars at SadBoard. SadGeezer himself offered the folks at APEC their very own top-quality message-board forum just for fan fictions.

Scaper01, most of what you said about SadBoard is false. It gives an unfair portrayal to newbies here at SciFi.Com. All of them over there are well-mannered for the most part. Arguements break out, but they are resolved in ways that are not heavy-handed. The atmosphere there is very relaxed and friendly. And the kind of insults that you’ve just secreted would be frowned upon.

Judging from your handle, Scaper01, you’re a Farscape fan. There’s a Farscape forum over at SadBoard. And you say you don’t like the design of SadGeezer.Com? Here’s an idea: TELL them about it. It just so happens that others have posted similar opinions and SadGeezer announced that he’s accepting ideas for new page designs.

In other words, take a chill pill! Sheesh! Most of the folks over a SadBoard dislike the bulletin board SYSTEM at SciFi.Com, not the people who post messages here.

[ 19-11-2001: Message edited by: Flamegrape ]

FX
    Participant

thanx fg, but i think i have had enough of the whole mess…i am sorry some people may miss out on coming here, but i for one to not want any troublesome visitors

yesterday was not the type of sunday i like to indulge in…but thanx for defending sadboard’s virtues

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by FX:
    thanx fg, but i think i have had enough of the whole mess…i am sorry some people may miss out on coming here, but i for one to not want any troublesome visitors

I concur wholeheartedly. That’s one reason why I’m against putting up a FanFicForum. There’ve already been threats of people coming over to flood the board and knock the board offline if one opens, so I’d rather not see them given a place to do so.
    It’s amazing that people get so worked up, and take so personally, criticisms about the way a board that they didn’t even create is designed.

…And so much for the outrage over topics at one board being brought over to another.

–Aleck

Flamegrape
    Participant

Oh well. I think FX and Aleck may be right about this. Today I’ve witnessed a supreme amount of vitriolic hatred over at the SciFi.Com/Lexx bulletin board despite my efforts to be friendly and smooth things over.

Anonymous
    Inactive

HAven’t been to the scifi bb for a long time – as mentioned above the software really sucks and always has – but the name scaper01 rings a bell, and not in a good way.

Anonymous

Gawd, can we say ‘pathetic’?

Actually, I’ve had enough of this. It’s ridiculous, petty and cliquey.

Posting his e-mail address for anyone to send X junk? Pathetic.

Those two people Flamegrape quoted should get lives.

That’s all I have to say.

Flamegrape
    Participant

Too true, Hypatia. But one very, very important thing to consider is the fact that SciFi.Com/Lexx is totally unmoderated. I firmly believe this is a result of this lack of responsibility on the part of the SciFi Channel. If there was a moderator keeping watch over there, none of this apalling soap opera would have occured.

Anonymous

Thanks for the defence Flame

It’s nice to see you getting so involved. I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who was so confused It’s been tood for me to try and stand back and listen to both sides, but at the end of the day some people were upset and needed to either vent thier anger or explain missconceptions.

I think that anger spilled over from another (unmoderated BBS) and tempers flared so I don’t think it’s a good idea to quote from other BBS’s because threads usually have a history with lots of other threads and one might be accused of taking things out of context.

FX {SadGeezer hugs} you must be feeling a bit battle weary. Hope things are a bit better today. To echo Flamegrapes sentiments *thank goodness for moderators!* (and you in particular).

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I think that anger spilled over from another (unmoderated BBS) and tempers flared so I don’t think it’s a good idea to quote from other BBS’s because threads usually have a history with lots of other threads and one might be accused of taking things out of context.

Agreed. I wasn’t planning on making it a habit, anyway. This would certainly be perceived as fanning the flames of unrest. All I wanted to do is to point out to the SadBoard members that we seem to be getting a bad reputation over at SciFi.Com/Lexx. I’ve been posting over there today, trying my diplomatic best to conduct damage-control. Some would say that it’s not worth it, but I think it is since SciFi.Com/Lexx is the de facto official Lexx bulletin board.

And BTW, dgrequeen made some very nice comments over there about SadBoard. Since she is an “APEC elder” [sic], she felt it necessary to come to our defence and advise everyone to put conflicts to rest. Bravo.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Astonishing. I didn’t have to look very far to find offensive and insulting posts at SciFi.Com/Lexx:

I can easily see from that message how we’re the savages and the peverbial latrine of the internet.

FX
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Headgehog:

I can easily see from that message how we’re the savages and the peverbial latrine of the internet.

headgehog, first of all let me apologize, i realized yesterday that i had referred to you as a ms rather than a mr; sheer stupidity on my part…i did not intend a slight…as far as scifi; i went over earlier today when fg posted to see for myself…i was a little surprised at the bad feelings that had been voiced there…that is why i posted my own tired little plea not to invite trouble…
    fg really tried to be cheery and welcoming, but there was enough ugliness there to
    1)convince me that dealing with 6 popups per post really isn’t worth it
    2)the people that are interested will find their way over here, and hopefully feel welcome and not turned off

anyway, it’s done;i had been feeling a little raw,but as usual, visiting with you fine folks is perking me up!… thanx fx

dgrequeen
    Participant

I can’t express how very disappointed I am in this.

Anonymous

Me too, dgre.

quote:

Gawd, can we say ‘pathetic’?
    Actually, I’ve had enough of this. It’s ridiculous, petty and cliquey.

Posting his e-mail address for anyone to send X junk? Pathetic.

Gee…seems we forgot who started the posting private email thing.

Yes, the entire thing is petty and cliquey, and I for one am heartily tired of the entire issue.

verti
    Participant

Flamegrape, you’re really only fanning the flames… why the recent increase in activity over at that other board o’er there?

Sheesh, just chill, chica!

Anonymous

You guys really want to know what ****es me off? Putting words in my mouth and attributing actions to me which I never did and it seems to be happening here. SO let me break it down for your asses:

1) Those e-mails are not mine. They are my girlfriend’s who is not “Seething Bitch”, btw. Which brings me to another point.

2) APEC seems to think that anyone that is ****ed off by them and flames them is either me or Slop or Vyx. Why? Paranoia… perhaps the inability to think that maybe others may not like them either. For a while there people kept accusing me and Slop of being the same guy. One person even suggested that Slop was actually both me and “Sad Geezer” himself. I am the crazy one.. right.

Also.. I am not Vyx. She is my girlfriend. She got tired of the constant Slop and X bashing as did others. But then.. like APEC always does.. they put words in her mouth.. why some of the words were even posted here. She fell into the same trap of trying to explain things to these people. And she was irrate that they were speaking on her bahalf against her friend Slop and me her boyfriend. The logic of these people amazes me sometime.

3) Read me on this people: I NEVER… said I had a problem with Clonefictions. I NEVER expressed to Sad or anyone else or any other posts that I was afraid of the board being flooded with Clone Fictions. I simply detest the people themselves for things they do.

What kind of things you ask? I call this bit:

THE CLONE WARS

1) Slop asked nicely if the CFs could slow down because they were overtaking the board. He didn’t even use the word “flood”. This was taken as a declaration of war from members of APEC who flamed Slop because they thought he was telling them not to post CFs altogether. Slop tried explaining himself and apologizing, he was met with even nastier comments. Things got ugly from there. It died down.. it started up again.. But they insisted he was a “troll” and began telling everyone that he was opposed to CFs and wanted everyone to stop. Is it so hard to understand why he got upset?

2) Being a supporter of the Clone Fiction and Slop’s friend I tried helping Slop out by clearing up this misundertanding. I was first warned by VisionAri not to get involved. Slop kept getting slammed and called out and I tried to no avail to ease tensions between both parties. Suddenly people were posting to me flaming me because now they were saying I was opposed to the Clone Fictions as well and also wanted everyone to stop. So now I was trying to clear up this misunderstanding about me. But instead of hearing me out I was met with, “you guys just don’t get it do you? if you don’t like CFs you don’t have to read them.” Needless to say.. it continued. Slop tried to fight fire with fire by posting Xev CFs and because they weren’t APEC sanctioned clones that set off another little war. At onr point Micromary even demanded that Slop stop posting his 6 part CFs because they were “flooding” the board. Anyone who has seen the multi-part APEC CFs should get a good laugh at of that alone. I was continually chastized for telling people to stop posting CFs too although I had dropped trying to explain myself because it seemed useless.

I made a post about the appearance of Squeeze Pimmel(790) in the LEXX Acorn DVDs and entitled my post something like “790 isn’t gay”. After all Stan was now referring to 790 as a “homo robot head”. Of course rather than take the tongue-in-cheek comment as it was I was accused of being homophobic and having problems dealing with a fictional character who wasn’t even real being gay (I know some people will see the irony in that). Nonetheless, again I tried explaining myself. I guess people just have a problem reading the whole post or actually looking at what people say, anyways.. the chastizing continued until I just got really ****ed off. I was so tired of these same people time and time again putting words in my mouth that I never said. And I vented in a post telling them to get their heads out of their asses and to stop acting like a bunch of Nazis and let people post non-APEC sanctioned-non-APEC-related clonefiction. APEC claims they have no monopoly over ot there, but they always seem to have a problem when someone doesn’t want it to do things their way, they are considered “trolls” and flamed accordingly. I also suggested they get their own board and regulate their own rules if that’s how strongly they felt. I was told off for this and my suggestion was taken as me telling them to leave SciFi altogether.

Of course things really got ugly then. After things had settled I apologized for my heated comments and tried again explaining why I had gotten so ****ed off over all of this. Of course I was ignored.

3) After I had let it go.. suddenly I was being bad-mouthed all over again. I asked why because I thought things had been settled and we had moved on. It was at THIS time that people began posting this “deadhorse” garbage. To this day they refuse to tell me what their problem is with me. And yes I get mad when again people are making up stuff about me and will not even give me a reason why or a chance to hear me out and continually either flame me directly or mock me indirectly. Is there anyone of you out there who would not be fully en-raged at this point?

But on top of that the allegations against me and Slop had been indulged a bit further by calling us “flooders” in chat. Which is ludicrous especially since at this time I had long abandoned going to chat at all because of the flooders myself.

And again.. anyone who APEC ****es off and flames them back is automatically assumed to be one of us. Eventually I got tired of it and left to come here hoping to get away from those people, not their clonefictions.. them So yeah I was understandably upset. Although some of them were already registerd, they were not actively posting, which is something I had been accused of several times on SciFi and I was told it didn’t matter how long I had been there. But it seems like after me and Slop left.. perhaps it was juts coincidence but some of their members began posting here. And before they did that, I had seen posts on SciFi where they had expressed their disgust at well we were liked over here.

But the accusations and flaming continue. Even after I had said I was leaving here, some ugly new nicks appeared on the SciFi board to mock and incite me. That same night Micromary tried adding me, Slop, and Vyx to her MSN list. I of course blocked her because I have tried several times to either IM her or e-mail her so we could clear this up in private. So why would she want to speak with me now? I had left SciFi I had said I was leaving here. She had said in posts regarding me trying to e-mail and IM her that she wanted to be left alone. Well, that’s what I wanted but it seems as if I am being stalked even away from LEXX fandom.

Now granted this an abridged account of things, and even this is long and drawn out. But I saw your post on SciFi about the Sad board too dgree and you didn’t mention any specific names but I mean who else to do you guys call, “psychotic” and “deranged”?

You guys want this to end but you have the ability to end it yourselves.. I’ve tried letting it go many times. I’ve tried apologizing. You simply won’t accept it and then continue to bad mouth me and make more accusations which incites me further to want to speak out against you. Do the math here. In the original post about these Clone fiction, it was Doffy who decided to bring up the nasty business with Vyxen and gave a and cheered at her banishment. What did that ave to do with this board, Doffy? since you are seem to be the one always concerned about one board not affecting the other.

It’s real simple girls. There is an old saying:

“Don’t start none.. there won’t be none.”

Every discussion where APEC or the CFs are spoken ill of, my name is brought up before I even get into the conversations and more words are being put into my mouth. This is what is continuing to irritate me. Blaming me or Slop for others attacking you on SciFi or in chat will not help matters any, you are so quick to assume the worse of people and and it is THAT which has lead to this. You have no one to blame but yourselves. If I have to go as far to drag over posts to vindicate myself I will, because the truth is there.

You’ll find if you let it go others will too.

Sad, and moderators.. I would appreciate it if you left this reply un-edited. I don’t want to incite more ugliness, but hopefully these people will take my comments here sincerely because I have fully stated why they make me irrate and how it can be stopped and how willing I am to let it go.

But please.. no more accusations.. no more assumptions or accusations which can never be satisfactorily proven nor disproven by either party.

On SciFi I have only posted as Jack_Burton or TheSinisterMrX. I already have gripes with you people and if I wanted to say more on it I would use one of those names to post so.

Btw.. I am usually blued on SciFi so that I can be e-mailed and on here, all anyone has to do is look at my profile. It’s not a secret.

If you are sincerely interested in peace with me.. then behave in such a manner, both here AND on SciFi.

-X

[ 20-11-2001: Message edited by: Xev of R2D2 ]

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Doffy:
    Me too, dgre.

Gee…seems we forgot who started the posting private email thing.

I thought the Kaithudders group was not exclusive, Doffy? It’s a news group with over 60 people, a few of them friends of mine who have asked you and others repeatedly not drag this war on X and Slop into the group and to leave it on SciFi. They are sick of it and yeah, they are gonna tell me.

Btw.. a post to a newsgroup to which allegedly anyone can join with over 60 members is hardly what I would call a private e-mail. I posted it just to let you know I knew what was really going on there and that I had been alerted to dgre’s insincerity. There is no mole, only angry people who are sick of this always being discussed in a group that alledges to have nothing to do about me and Slop. You even have poles on who we will blow up on this week. I’d say I would probably blow up on anyone who goes around spreading lies about me and or flames me.

Hey I know.. why don’t you invite everyone here to join? As long they are all over 18 right? You should have plenty of time to remove the polls and any offending posts that would back up my statements right? I know for a fact there are people still there that would love to see that all go anyway.

quote:

Yes, the entire thing is petty and cliquey, and I for one am heartily tired of the entire issue.

Well you do always have the option to not keep going on about it yourself, Doffy. I stated above and I apologize but you made those posts while I was making my last one, but like I said, drop it and it will be dropped. But I can only make promisses of my own actions and I am tired of being held accountable or blamed for the actions of others which is why I got so ****ed in the first place.

[ 20-11-2001: Message edited by: Xev of R2D2 ]

verti
    Participant

well, I’m as ready as anybody to see this thing end.

X, hon, I understand where you’re coming from, but just chill Things are blown way out of proportion… might they end soon? Maybe you just need a nice, big hug

I’m all for peace! And hugs!

Anonymous

Geez…here we go again!

*straps on seat belt*

I am not even going to try to reply to all of this long drawn out post.

All I’m going to say is, gee…we came to Sad’s and who was it that brought up APEC at every opportunity? Not any APEC members, that’s for sure. No, it was you. Who was beating the dead horse?…ditto.

As for Slop and his Xev fics…it was obvious that he posted them for the purpose of flooding the BB. They weren’t for entertainment purposes, that’s for sure. Names like “DrinksALotXev” and “ChastityBeltXev”, with chapters that amounted to sentence or two? C’mon! If they were serious, or at least entertaining, they might have been received well…like your FAA fics, X. Those were actually well written and funny!

This whole thing has become like Frankenstein’s monster!

The pattern became way old …meltdown…apologize…meltdown…apologize…it’s like the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

Fer gods sake, grow up and move on.

Anonymous

wow its like watching a movie where the main character knows that soilent green is made of people but no one beleives him cuz they like soilent green or something like that…only in this movie the main character is trying to tell them that soilent blue is made of sewage water but when he tells them “soilent blue is sewage!!!” they comback with “well if you dont like soilent green then dont eat it!”
    get it?

Anonymous

quote:

Geez…here we go again!

*straps on seat belt*

I am not even going to try to reply to all of this long drawn out post.

Remarks like that don’t sound very friendly, Doffy, and are are very condecending and usually cause people to get ****ed off. See? Your just totally blowing off what I said without giving any consideration.

quote:

All I’m going to say is, gee…we came to Sad’s and who was it that brought up APEC at every opportunity? Not any APEC members, that’s for sure. No, it was you. Who was beating the dead horse?…ditto.

Your totally right and I totally dropped it and apologized.

But then Verti tried to start in again with a deadhorse thread. So, Verti, when you say:

“well, I’m as ready as anybody to see this thing end. ”

..you’ll have to pardon me if I seem wary of your sincerity, but at least it’s a step in the right direction.

And when I see ugly responses elsewhere that go contrary to your sentitments expressed here.. well.. one has to wonder.

quote:

Yes it has, but your tone doesn’t seem like you want it to end.

quote:

The pattern became way old …meltdown…apologize…meltdown…apologize…it’s like the Boy Who Cried Wolf.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. “Meltdown”. Yeah I get irrate when things are supposed to have been settled and then I see more posts speaking badly of me, accusing me of being certain trolls and flooding again. Of course I’m gonna get upset again.

quote:

Fer gods sake, grow up and move on.

I have tried and tried, but APEC keeps it going. I apologized here and dropped it, it continued. And again, a condecending tone is now way to ease matters.

quote:

like your FAA fics, X. Those were actually well written and funny!

I am sincerely glad you enjoyed those and I know dgre even posted saying the same, so immagine my surprise when the next bad thing about me I see on SciFi comes from dgre herself after people went off accusing Slop of being that LyekkaThodin guy. I wasn’t even involved but dgre expressed her disgust in trying to be nice to me and Slop and how it never avails her. I asked what she was talking about.. ya know what happened next.. deadhorse post.. and I never got an answer from dgre. Yep. I got ****ed off again. See a pattern here, Doffy?

Darien or Gabrielle usually floods you guys in chat and you blame me and Slop. Who’s crying “Wolf!”?

Please don’t insult my integrity with childish quips, that will only incite me further, when you and others have made this very serious. More so than it needs to be.

Personally I could do with more compliments and more hugs as could we all.

I can’t let this go. How can I?

Is it worse to dig a deeper hole by trying to reason with people? or to let the accusations keep piling up? and I know I’ve said this many times, but I never once told anyone to stop posting CFs nor has Slop for that matter.

verti
    Participant

quote:

But then Verti tried to start in again with a deadhorse thread. So, Verti, when you say:

“well, I’m as ready as anybody to see this thing end. ”

..you’ll have to pardon me if I seem wary of your sincerity, but at least it’s a step in the right direction.

And when I see ugly responses elsewhere that go contrary to your sentitments expressed here.. well.. one has to wonder.

quote:
    ——————————————————————————–

——————————————————————————–

Yes it has, but your tone doesn’t seem like you want it to end.

I do want it to end, X. It was pointed out, validly, by Gelfling, that I am sarcastic. A character flaw that I’ve yet to remedy, but I’m working on it.

But my desire for this to end is true. It’s been dragged out long enough as it is.

And the dead horse thing? It was a bad attempt to smooth things. Ill-thought on my part, and I deserve a whipping for it. I’m young and stupid, to boot. But it’s now buried in weeks of posts, so why not let it go?

Anonymous

quote:

wow its like watching a movie where the main character knows that soilent green is made of people but no one beleives him cuz they like soilent green or something like that…only in this movie the main character is trying to tell them that soilent blue is made of sewage water but when he tells them “soilent blue is sewage!!!” they comback with “well if you dont like soilent green then dont eat it!”
    get it?

Um…yeah…you are like Soylent Green-Blue…toxic…but peeps are only just figuring that out.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. “Meltdown”. Yeah I get irrate when things are supposed to have been settled and then I see more posts speaking badly of me, accusing me of being certain trolls and flooding again. Of course I’m gonna get upset again.

I have tried and tried, but APEC keeps it going. I apologized here and dropped it, it continued. And again, a condecending tone is now way to ease matters

Hmmm…we have been trying to drop this like a nuclear potato since it dropped into our lap.

X…I know nothing of the posts about flooding in chat…I was not a part of that, and frankly, I don’t think you had anything to do with it. I never frequented that chat.

I know you supported the CFs. Slop ranted and posted his Xev fics, but you were usually cool. My gripe is that you lumped us all into one group.

And I still have no idea what set Vyx off, that she would attack us all that way. I’m not sure I want to.

Anonymous

quote:

Geez…here we go again!
    As for Slop and his Xev fics…it was obvious that he posted them for the purpose of flooding the BB. They weren’t for entertainment purposes, that’s for sure. Names like “DrinksALotXev” and “ChastityBeltXev”, with chapters that amounted to sentence or two? C’mon! If they were serious, or at least entertaining, they might have been received well…like your FAA fics, X. Those were actually well written and funny!

———————————————
    Ok now I can’t stay silent. Ok so what if my XCF’s were the best written. I admit I didn’t put as much energy into them as I could have but that doesn’t invalidate them. I thought they were funny and so did some others. Believe it or not its not a crime to write something that is no good. Its a public board remember so don’t just make the assumption I was flooding because I posted many parts to my XCF.

-SM

[ 20-11-2001: Message edited by: Slopmaster ]

Anonymous

just to clear up the posted email letter topic: vyX posted a private email from someone ON the BB, revealing a dozen or so people’s private email addresses… and even though the letter was TO her, she suposedly cut her email address out of it before posting it. i don’t know if she did (include her mail) or not because i was so disgusted by the whole thing i didn’t read the letter once i opened the post and realized what it was. vyX’s email was posted AFTER she did the same.

also for the record, some -not all- people found flamegrape’s introductory words offensive, too. remember people, scifi doesn’t *just* host a Lexx BB, this has spread to the Farscape board there and some -again, not all- people there are also taking offense to flamegrape -even though she didn’t post there- and threatening to flood this bb because of the stuff said about how the fictions at scifi should end.

even though it doesn’t look like it will come to pass, if you do open a fiction board here may i suggest putting the stories on a lighter background??? ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ i love the colors at sad’s but it’s hard on the eyes to read something on a dark back ground.

Anonymous

quote:

At onr point Micromary even demanded that
    Slop stop posting his 6 part CFs because they were “flooding” the
    board. Anyone who has seen the multi-part APEC CFs should get a
    good laugh at of that alone. I was continually chastized for telling
    people to stop posting CFs too although I had dropped trying to
    explain myself because it seemed useless.

There you go again, X, doing exactly what you complain that others do to you: misquoting or putting words in my mouth.

Since my alleged demand that Slop stop posting his Xev clone fics came from a private chat room, perhaps you’d go back and read the entire transcript. Please read what I said and the CONTEXT of the discussion.

Yes, we were talking about the many hastily written XF (Xev fic) stories Slop posted. They were obviously put up in a hurry because the quality was below what we’ve seen Slop write in the past. That was mentioned by several people – that Slop’s a better writer than that. I’m not saying there weren’t some hurtful things that might have been said at that time, but in that context what I actually said ‘I wish Slop would stop flooding the BB with fics written for the sole purpose of flooding the BB with fics’ takes on a different meaning. In other words, I’ve seen him write better constructed stories. The fact that these stories were beneath his quality in the past shows they were written for a purpose other than having stories he wanted to tell. He may have been trying to be a pr!ck, or he may have been trying to prove a point. Either way, there was an ulterior motive for those posts.

quote:

That same night Micromary tried
    adding me, Slop, and Vyx to her MSN list. I of course blocked her
    because I have tried several times to either IM her or e-mail her
    so we could clear this up in private. So why would she want to
    speak with me now? I had left SciFi I had said I was leaving here.
    She had said in posts regarding me trying to e-mail and IM her
    that she wanted to be left alone. Well, that’s what I wanted but it
    seems as if I am being stalked even away from LEXX fandom.

OK, time for more record straightening. First of all, I still don’t understand why you were on such a mission to make me talk to Slop or to talk to me yourself. You weren’t even a part of this in the beginning. I watched Slop’s ranting on the scifi BB, I watched he offhand apologies, I had him on my MSN list the whole time and he never tried to IM me until shortly before Uncon. And when he did IM me, I asked him why he was doing it… I *DID* give him a chance to explain himself. Instead he just tried to play innocent or dumb or play headgames or I dont’ know what, but he kept claiming ignorance. I didn’t want to be part of whatever game he was playing so, yes, I blocked him. I answered the e-mail he sent and said I was hurt by a lot of the things he said on the BB, by the game he tried to play with me in IM, and I just wanted to be left alone if that’s how he really felt about APEC. I did not want to be dragged into his fight with whomever in APEC, so I deleted all further e-mails unread. At this point it became an obsesion with him to contact me.

As for you, X, I never had you on my MSN until recently (ie the past 2 weeks). So that night – many, many months ago – when you decided to intervene on Slop’s behalf, I did as I always do: I ignored an IM from a strange nick I don’t know. It’s a matter of trying to be SAFE online, and nothing more. The e-mail that you followed up with, saying you didn’t believe I was as evil as Slop said and you had to find out for yourself (which proved to me that Slop was slandering me)was angry enough that I wasn’t about to reply to it. I never interacted much with you on the BB or chat, and the tone of that e-mail made me less inclined to want to do so.

The fact is, you 2 became fixated on communicating with me and that scared the hell out of me (think: OBSESSION). X, YOU may have stuck to your known nicknames on the scifi BB, but Slop used aliases. He even admitted that to me the night I went to Vyx’s neutral chat room. He had posted to the scif BB with one, saying “she” was a newbie wanting to know where the best place was to drool over Kai and “she” kept trying to PM me in chat. In Vyx’s chatroom he said it was an “honest” attempt to try and contact me to explain. Since I don’t view the use of aliases to try and trick me into communicating as “honest” I left that chat room. And after that time, I did occasionally get PMs in chat from strange nicks I’d never seen before. Sorry if I came to the wrong conclusions, but Slop DID admit to trying to trick me into talking to him….

Which brings me to my biggest point: WHY were you guys so intent on making contact with me when I was trying my best to stay away from you??? I saw my name getting dragged into complaints I was not even present for, I’ve seen lies told about me posted here (For the record, could you show me what record you have of me making a phone call to Brian Downey?? If I ever had his cell phone #, I seem to have completely lost all memory of it). If you hated me so badly, why did you still attempt to contact me? There’s been an uncanny sychronization to my name showing up in a rant on a bb and a strange nick PMing me in chat. And if this all started with a misunderstanding, your behavior has done nothing to straighten things out.

As to adding you to my MSN list and SLop back to my MSN list (don’t know where you got the adding Vyx to my list from. Haven’t done that.) did it ever occur to you that maybe I was tired of running from your obsession and decided to hear you out? It didn’t occur to Slop when I gave him 2 possiblities, either that I wanted to give him the chance to dialog, or I wanted to determine if the timing of the strange PMs coincided with either of your names popping up on my list. Slop chose to focus on the latter during our IM, rather than explain why it was so important all those months ago that I still keep in contact with him. I’m not sure how to take that.

quote:

I thought the Kaithudders group was not exclusive, Doffy? It’s a
    news group with over 60 people, a few of them friends of mine
    who have asked you and others repeatedly not drag this war on X
    and Slop into the group and to leave it on SciFi. They are sick of it
    and yeah, they are gonna tell me.

Btw.. a post to a newsgroup to which allegedly anyone can join
    with over 60 members is hardly what I would call a private e-mail.

X, you’re mistaken. The KT mailing list *IS* a private list. Anyone CAN’T join, they have to be approved by the list owner before they get access to ANYthing. Because it’s a private list, there’s the expectation that what’s said there is …. private. A lot of venting goes on there… in private. Some person or persons has decided to fuel a fued by passing on stuff that was better left on that list because it was venting. Your girlfriend has a habit of posting it to public BBs, making her look pretty bad.

I didn’t want to write this post, but I’m tired of seeing X constantly dragging my name into this, seeing fabrications, and I’m tired of seeing myself misquoted.

MM
    (shutting up now)

Anonymous

Well about the MSN thing. I would like you to tell every one what you told me when I asked you why you added me and X. Well ok a little silent, fine. You wanted to keep an eye on me because you were “paranoid” enough to believe that I was useing a strange nic to IM you. Then dureing the conversation it was clear you were trying to manipulate me. How dare you believe me to be that stupid so I blocked you and as you said once…”Just leave me alone” I want nothing to do with you anymore.
    Your basically just not worth it and I am sure that is something you have heard alot. Hmm actually if thats true it explains alot.

-SM

Anonymous

Originally posted by Slopmaster:
    Your basically just not worth it and I am sure that is something you have heard alot. Hmm actually if thats true it explains alot.
    ———————————————

Micromary is well liked by many, many peeps… so no one I know aside from you shares that view. Micro STARED the whole clone game, and so I think by the number of ppl who love it, that shows that she IS worth something to several members of this BB.

(ACK i exeeded the image limit in this post with smilies and grumpy faces, lol and now i have to wait two minutes to post! lol!!! oh the humanity. *G*)

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.