So… What did you think of K-Town?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx So… What did you think of K-Town?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I believe some of you were watching it for the first time.

I’m intrigued, did you find the K-Town episode funny, depressing, amazing, boring or what?

Personally I, was amazed

——————

Anonymous

K-Town!!
    I gotta say, I never have been able to figure out which of the K-Town loonies was being played by Ralph Brown. The weird laughing chick reminded me of Wist from Eating Pattern.
    I admit, I cheated and purchased this vid from Blackstar so I saw the show last month, unedited and in all its glory. I am particulary curious as to just how much we are actually going to see on Sci Fi tonight.
    Speaking from an unedited angle, I thouroughly enjoyed the “exposure”. Truly, MM is a slender thing, but the body make up did a fine job of anatomical difinition. He’s a wiry fellow for certain. More!! More!!

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

It hasn’t been aired yet in the States. We’ve got about 6 1/2 hours to go. I’ll tell ya, Sad, I’m waiting with bated breath to see it! You’re synopses are awesome, and I get the feeling I’m going to be blown away by actually seeing it full length (well, full length minus commercials for cheap mail order products and dubious “psychic” services, that is). Aside from the obvious treat for the ladies, it looks like a really good episode overall.

Count me among those who are curious as to just how much we’ll actually get to see of Michael McManus’ lovely attributes (not that that’s the only good thing about the episode, I’m sure. I’m totally serious, folx. ). I mean they don’t blur anything in the First Wave scenes inside the Gua downloading room where the human “husks” are dressed only in strategically placed straps, so I can’t see them getting the vapors over this. Granted the FW scenes aren’t intended to be “sexy.” Come to think of it, the K-Town scene probably wasn’t either, it’s us ladies that made it that way. I’ll let you know what I think tomorrow.

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

Remember, boys and girls – Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Anonymous

sad!!!missed you darlin’, i’ll let you know in 31/2 hours (no i’m not antsy ) the martinis are a chillin and i’ve got my friend over to poke me if i try to fall asleep! later dude

Anonymous
    THE COD! THE COD!!

I was awed by the codpiece (who wouldn’t be?) and by the contrasts. Kai who is such a formidable killing machine seemed so frail, almost fragile. This killing machine, for once being helped by the very ones he protects. He looked like a slender dark angel, lying there, exposed and vulnerable. Then, he went all divine assassin on Mantrid and looked killerific, again. (Uh, those were pretty long rods, dude, and they didn’t look very bendy???)

——————
    “Time begins then time ends, and then time begins once again.”

Anonymous

Update! Indeed, the Gua left little to the imagination, whew! I was right proud of Sci Fi tonight-they weren’t at all shy! Even after much unedited glory with my Blackstar vids, it still sent a shiver up my spine upon the unveiling of the COD! They really did do a nice job of defining MM’s musculature with the body make-up. (Wiping sweat from fervered brow) More treats in store week after next!

Lexxmike
    Participant

I just saw K-Town for the first time right now. This was not one of the stronger Lexx episodes, I’m afraid, and the many people watching Lexx for the first time right now may be a bit confused. For some odd reason, Scifi decided to start halfway through the season, rather then replay season 3 over again so new viewers would know what the heck is going on. I’m sure this episode provoked blank stares from first timers, but in itself, it was a fairly decent episode with the cyborgian kai and the brief return of Mantrid.

trillian
    Participant

Originally posted by SadGeezer:
    I believe some of you were watching it for the first time.

I’m intrigued, did you find the K-Town episode funny, depressing, amazing, boring or what?

Personally I, was amazed

I loved Stan and Xev taking time out and basically comforting each other. Sometimes in life, we should all do that!

Hey, I’m female and thought Xev taking Kai’s pants off was…stimulating (does that make me more than a aspiring sadgeezer? ;p ) But I felt sorry for poor Kai. He was in a bad way.

I found the Mantrid story fascinating. I had wondered if people were reminded of who they were, would they remember anything? My opinion is that Mantrid tried to remember, wanted to remember, but really didn’t. He was just reverting at the end, not really remembering.

I can’t wait for the next ep!

trillian

——————
    “…we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what normal is anyway.”

Brunnen Queen
    Participant

I’m sitting here watching k-town as I type, I’m not sure what to think of this Eppie at the moment, but I think I like it…(of course I do lol it’s got Brian Downey in it). Did anyone catch the credits for the frist playing of this ep, cause that tish chick looks a whole lot like Eva…
    Sci fi cut into the credits and warped them to fit their stupid little ads in there, so I didn’t get to see if it was her or not…
    Anyway the commercial is over so back I go.
    love you all
    Brunnen Queen

Sarcasmagoria
    Participant

Oh wow, where to begin? This episode was quite an experience.

I must say I was happy to see Mantrid again, and quite relieved to see that he had arms and legs. Less chance of murderous, self-replicating drone arms that way. :0 As usual, Dieter Laser was superb. I loved the part with him gleefully shouting “I destroyed a universe! I destroyed a universe!” as he died. And there I was, thinking up until then that Mantrid was becoming a goodie.LOL.

Gee, Tish was a little snotrag wasn’t she? Come to think of it, all the people of K-Town were like nasty schoolyard tormenters to the power of 20. Ah well, I guess if I had to live in that city I wouldn’t exactly be perky myself. The scenes where Xev is challenging them to come down to her and fight while they chuck rocks at her and Stan was vaguely disturbing to me, but I’m not yet sure why. I’ll have to think about that.

And of course, there is the cherry on top of the sundae, the cheese on the burger, the almighty money shot! I refer, of course, to the COD. I, too, am awed by the cod. That droolcup I affixed to my chin certainly came in handy {j/k}. Good lord, Michael McManus certainly does have a beautiful body, doesn’t he? DROOL! And I don’t know who the makeup team was, but I’d like to buy them all a drink in appreciation of their efforts. The combination of body-defining shadows and horrific wounds made the scene both alluring and frightening.

And add me to the list of people who were also rather touched. I agree that the sight of the indestructible, ultimate badass Kai lying there vulnerable, shivering pitifully (which, from what I understand, wasn’t an act on MM’s part – it was mighty cold that day) and barely able to speak was very powerful. I just wanted to put my arms around him. :::sigh:::

Anyway, that’s my two cents. Actually it was more like four, but I haven’t figured out the tax yet.

——————
    Peace,
    Cassie

Remember, boys and girls – Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Anonymous

OHMGOD. Uhm…scuze me…:eek!
    Always amazed at the way MM can stretch his facial muscles. The sideways halfgrin is always my fav.

I must admit, seeing Mandrid drape himself over Kai’s body was .. kinky in itself.
    But “shoving” in those rods??!!!
    I was practically sucking my thumb by the end of the episode.
    What an evil side of sexuality the Beans DO display.
    I’ll be having twitchie nightmares about this for days.
    Kudos to MM for putting up with the cold.
    Sorry to have to admit that pert nipples on a man drive me wild. (I’ve slipped into the Beans’ evil trap.)

Nice to have glimpsed the bioconnection of the brace. It’s a compicated looking thingie. For that matter, so is the codpiece.
    *Chewing my fingernails till next ep!*

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

omicod! i’m still pretty wrecked, it was a mean and malicious and nasty little episode, i love mantrid but all i could think of was the malignant caterpillar in through the looking glass (or alice in wonderland or whatever…) all drooling over mikey aside this was very disturbing (except for stan and xev trying to comfort each other) from these horrid little people turning on each other to mantrid’s possessiveness over kai and his weird body posture while he was playing with the rods(he was almost lying on top of kai and that cod almost flew off with him when he backed off of kai!) and then this pitiful little distorted body/machine thing lying on the ground helpless…ackk i was chuckling and horrified at the same time…in short,sad, i don’t know what to think except that i definitely want to see where this is going…it was a great eppy, but kind of depressing overall

DalekTek790
    Participant

“I am Mantrid.”

“I am the greatest bio-vizier who ever lived.”

“I destroyed a universe!”

K-Town was great! It would have been four stars if it weren’t so confusing. It’s like watching “Babylon 5” for the first time with random clips from “The X-Files” cut in. I spent the whole episode wondering “What the hell is going on? Is that…no! Does this qualify as a plot, or just a weird dream?”

Dieter Laser had a stronger performance than any of his previous episodes except maybe “Mantrid,” even though I’m not sure this character was the same as his other one. This one seemed almost…likable. He helped our heroes, he acted totally selfless (he didn’t even know who he was!), and he lost his life saving Kai’s (sort of).

I was right! Kai does have nanites keeping him alive. You knew with a semi-mechanical character as a regular on a show, sooner or later they had to make an episode where he’s broken and needs to be fixed. Still, it would have been nice if he had kept his pants on. When he started to go bonkers, I was all like “‘The wheel doth turn!’ Come on, Kai!” Unfortunately, he collapsed without showing the Brunnen-G’s poet side.

I think I’ve figured out why Schlemmi and Mantrid and Vigo are all back on Fire. Schlemmi was wrong, it’s not just a mistake in time-space, Prince brought them there! That nut used his powers to create quantum singularities to transport the Lexx crew’s enemies 4,332 years into the future into the Dark Zone to fight them again…and this time hopefully win! Mantrid was dead, so he had to settle for a clone. It would only be natural for the mad bio-vizier to make clones of himself, so he would have organs and cells of his own tissue type around to replace his own organs and cells as they died. One wonders how many clones had already died so he could live long enough to meet His Divine Shadow. And Vigo was probably just one of a bunch of clones to be servants for the Divine Order’s biotechnicians. I’m not sure what the deal is with the Downstairs People, but I think Prince ordered them to prevent our heroes from getting to the top of the tower. Prince is a coward, never fighting his own battles. That still doesn’t explain the “not helping” thing, but that could relate to something Prince told them to motivate them against the Lexx crew (“Maybe this is a game.”).

And how come Duke said he would come back when Prince killed him? The only logical explanation is that he exists as an essence that passes from host to host when one human body wears out or dies. Duke is an Insect. Prince probably is, too, and if there is a Queen of Fire so is she. I think we can all figure who the King of Fire is (“…he did not kill me as I live on.”). This whole Fire and Water deal could be just a trap to kill the characters so they do not interfere with the destruction of Earth and the Second Insect Wars.

Some of this or even all is probably revealed at the end of season 3, but don’t tell me if I’m right or wrong if you’ve seen it. I prefer to watch and speculate. Besides, I’m pretty sure I’m right on the nose.

———————————-

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, “The Daleks”: Episode 4-“The Ambush”

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, “The Dark Crystal”

“I will love you forever!” -drone 790, “Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow”

Anonymous

Rustam, you crack me up! Sucking your thumb by the end of the episode! LOL! It was one hell of an overload, eh? I, too, was utterly bugged out by the way Mantrid was all crawling over Kai. I was talking to my TV, telling Kai to demand why that dude’s sweatin’ him and pushin’ up on him! Eew! I didn’t find this Mantrid nice at all. He came off as dazed and confused, at first. But, when he had a chance to do the wrong thing, like jamming that rod in the wrong hole, he jumped on it! And, got braced for his troubles. And, yes, I also told Kai to turn around and smack the taste out of Tish’s mouth. He saves her and then she tells him off for saving her? What a skank!
    I haven’t seen this whole series but, if Fire ain’t hell, I don’t know what is. (well, besides certain parts of Texas, where the mosquitoes are large enough to carry away toddlers and the temp remains well over 90, even at night! ) But, what a totally wretched group of goobers! And, Prince, he’s all sly, slick, and serpenty, with his, “how would you like to make a deal?” and “I’m good with pain” He’s like a Beelzebub! Oh, I can’t wait to see the rest of this! I hope Duke comes back. He was bad but at least he had the decency to be a little rueful about it.

——————

Anonymous

Ahh, still obsessing. Question–I would definitely like to know how the smoking COD was accomplished! That had to be an unnerving scene to film. The only warm place in the building was between MM’s legs. On a more constructive note, it was a rare treat indeed to watch the maelstrom of emotions exhibited throughout the entire episode. From the annoying Tish to the perverse Mantrid to a naked and vunerable killing machine to the genuine concern exhibited by Stan and Xev when they were taking care of Kai. A very satisfying episode from the hot repair scene to the wonderful interaction of our wayward misfits.

Anonymous

Just read an email from another fan source–
    Uh em, it seems when Mantrid slipped from Kai’s body after being gored, a certain piece of equipment nearly went with him exposing his “equipment”.Word has it MM did a fast leg pull and cracked up entirely. Oh to have been a fly on the wall. (no pun intended)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by nwmonikr:
    Just read an email from another fan source–
    Uh em, it seems when Mantrid slipped from Kai’s body after being gored, a certain piece of equipment nearly went with him exposing his “equipment”.Word has it MM did a fast leg pull and cracked up entirely. Oh to have been a fly on the wall. (no pun intended)

glad i’m not the only one who noticed, when kai kills mantrid and mantrid flies off the cod flies with him! and you do see mikey’s hand and leg come up to catch it! that’s what i was referring to in my previous post, would love to see THAT outtake!

Anonymous

LOL FX, if you use frame by frame, you’ll see the dirty deed. Now if only I could clarify that shot just a bit more…
    *Wagglewaggle* Nevermind!!! *snicker*

——————
    ~~~Rustam~~~ “Help me, Lexx is eating my brain!”~~~~

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Rustam:
    LOL FX, if you use frame by frame, you’ll see the dirty deed. Now if only I could clarify that shot just a bit more…
    *Wagglewaggle* Nevermind!!! *snicker*

rustam my dear! of course i replayed, paused and stilled to my heart’s content!talk to me about stills of keanu reeves’ truly FINE haunches in point break sometime! aren’t vcrs wonderful

Anonymous

I have become obsessive compulsive looking for easter eggs in Lexx eps. I think I may have found one in KTown. When it first starts, we have a shot of Kai walking toward the camera as Xev and Stanley are climbing up the wall. I haven’t looked at my Sci Fi tape, but on the Contender-Kult TV version I swear it looks for all the world like MM is wearing a pair of mirrored sunglasses. His eyes seem to be very bright.

Anonymous

I thought k-town was a little dry….but I absolutely loved Mantrid!! he’s kookyspooky. Wasnt Ralph Brown wearing that hat that looked like an old airplane pilot would wear? the guy who was in eating pattern right? This ep really reminded me of eating pattern. i especially liked Mantrid’s downstairs people, upstairs people lines. He is so Hilarious.

Anonymous

Oh, well, thank you Nwmonikr, FX and Rustam! Now, I’ll be home winding and rewinding my poor, already overviewed copy of “K-Town.” Slipped cod; sounds like a seefood delicacy. I was too busy wiggin’ out over Mantrid’s utter disregard for Kai’s personal space and never noticed the slippage. Dieter Laser is sooo whacky it’s amazing. I think I’d love to see him in a full feature(or, on stage!); the stuff he does with his face and voice are fantastic!

——————

crusader
    Participant

I finnaly saw K-town! It was great!!!
    I liked the Stan and Xev telling etch outher what they fealt!!!
    And it was nice to se Mantrid again! (And I now that some pepol think that he had the essence in him! Thats not so! That was Mantrid reborn NOT the insectMantrid!!!

Id like to talk more about this but I gotta goe!!! Im gona whatch Tunnels now!!! Life is good!!!

——————
    I am the crusader

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.