sorry to tell you this but…

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Andromeda sorry to tell you this but…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Robert Wolfe has been let go as writer for Andromeda. Slopmaster alerted me to this earlier this evening and then i backed it up on the slipstream straight from the horses mouth. yep it is true he will be hugely missed!!! i will find out more to let you all know tomorrow.
    {{{{{huggles Robert}}}}}}

Anonymous

Dumbing down another show in attempts to get ratings Just once I’d like to hear they’re making a series for people who have an IQ above 50. It’s not as if Andromeda was all that hard to understand before, for goodness sake!

I thought as soon as I saw the season 2 opening credits that it was getting a bit Dylan-centric. This is not a good thing since although a few viewers may have come to Drom via Hercules(not me)the majority came because of the Gene Roddenbury and RHW input.

We have plenty of stupid sci-fi shows: Mutant X, Dark Angel, Voyager…the list goes on. I wanted something that could rival B5 for plot and complex characterisations

It’s the beginning of the end. Another E:FC in the making. In other words, Taking a great man’s idea and p*ssing on it.

Anonymous

Dumbing down another show in attempts to get ratings Just once I’d like to hear they’re making a series for people who have an IQ above 50. It’s not as if Andromeda was all that hard to understand before, for goodness sake!

I thought as soon as I saw the season 2 opening credits that it was getting a bit Dylan-centric. This is not a good thing since although a few viewers may have come to Drom via Hercules(not me)the majority came because of the Gene Roddenbury and RHW input.

We have plenty of stupid sci-fi shows: Mutant X, Dark Angel, Voyager…the list goes on. I wanted something that could rival B5 for plot and complex characterisations

It’s the beginning of the end. Another E:FC in the making. In other words, Taking a great man’s idea and p*ssing on it.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by maryavatar:

Absolutely agree Mary! What the hell is going on!! It’s as though a load of producer *******s are stiffling the creative genius of our fave shows!

LEXX, Andromeda… What’s going on!???

Anonymous

quote:

Absolutely agree Mary! What the hell is going on!! It’s as though a load of producer *******s are stiffling the creative genius of our fave shows!

LEXX, Andromeda… What’s going on!???

Anonymous

Erm… although, maybe it’s Wolf that’s the git and the producer *******s have suddenly realised that he’s a talentless git and fired his ass in the hope of getting some decent storylines!

Whatever happenes, he have Andromeda for another series and a half (even if we hate the show!)

Anonymous

Erm… although, maybe it’s Wolf that’s the git and the producer *******s have suddenly realised that he’s a talentless git and fired his ass in the hope of getting some decent storylines!

Whatever happenes, he have Andromeda for another series and a half (even if we hate the show!)

Anonymous

It’s gonna be Hercules in space. I was really enjoying the story arc and finding out more about the characters past, sorry but I think this stinks.

Anonymous

It’s gonna be Hercules in space. I was really enjoying the story arc and finding out more about the characters past, sorry but I think this stinks.

Anonymous

There is an interesting article on SlipstreamWeb about the saga.

It seems that Sorbo and the producers pushed for the dumming down of the show because they felt that the stroy arc was too complicated.

Good grief! If anything the oposite is the case. Reading between the lines, it seems that Mr. Wolfe is a little peeved at leaving. I just hope that the writers can muzzle Sorbo and make sure that the geezer doesn’t turn this into a ‘Conan of the Commonwealth’.

Anonymous

It seems that Sorbo and the producers pushed for the dumming down of the show because they felt that the stroy arc was too complicated.

Good grief! If anything the oposite is the case. Reading between the lines, it seems that Mr. Wolfe is a little peeved at leaving. I just hope that the writers can muzzle Sorbo and make sure that the geezer doesn’t turn this into a ‘Conan of the Commonwealth’.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:

I tend to agree with you Saddy, the first season was abysmal, the premises were good, but the writing was awful.
    Even though Voyager was running out of idea’s it’s writing was good, by this I mean the lines given to the characters were in keeping with Star Trek, and didn’t sound stupid.
    This was the problem with Andromeda, it was like a Carry On movie in space.
    But the second season has tamed the daft lines we got from the first season, and has actually become appealing.
    If this Wolfe fella was responsible, then good riddance, I don’t wan’t the programme too be dumbed down though, it should still have a fairly complex and sophisticated plotline…besides if it you dumb it down, you end up going back to the first season.
    Squishy

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by SadGeezer:

I tend to agree with you Saddy, the first season was abysmal, the premises were good, but the writing was awful.
    Even though Voyager was running out of idea’s it’s writing was good, by this I mean the lines given to the characters were in keeping with Star Trek, and didn’t sound stupid.
    This was the problem with Andromeda, it was like a Carry On movie in space.
    But the second season has tamed the daft lines we got from the first season, and has actually become appealing.
    If this Wolfe fella was responsible, then good riddance, I don’t wan’t the programme too be dumbed down though, it should still have a fairly complex and sophisticated plotline…besides if it you dumb it down, you end up going back to the first season.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Andromeda’s not going to go over the head of anyone older than 11, because the plot is well communicated, but it’s still very intelligent and complex. I really hope that the show won’t turn lame after Wolfe leaves. The intricate plotlines are exactly what attracted me to Andromeda in the first place, when I passed on so many other sci-fi shows.

Anonymous

Andromeda’s not going to go over the head of anyone older than 11, because the plot is well communicated, but it’s still very intelligent and complex. I really hope that the show won’t turn lame after Wolfe leaves. The intricate plotlines are exactly what attracted me to Andromeda in the first place, when I passed on so many other sci-fi shows.

Anonymous

quote:

It’s Star Trek: Voyager all over again!!!

Anonymous

quote:

It’s Star Trek: Voyager all over again!!!

bonnee
    Participant

Blame Atlantis/Tribune – they have already destroyed a show riffe with great potential, and it looks like its going to be E:FC all over again.

bonnee
    Participant

Blame Atlantis/Tribune – they have already destroyed a show riffe with great potential, and it looks like its going to be E:FC all over again.

Anonymous

If I wanted E:FC, a show ruined beyond recognition by a few lunatics who probably had never know Sci-Fi if it hit them with a gigantic book entitled ‘Lunatics’ Guide To Sci-Fi’, I’d watch E:FC. If I wanted Voyager, an utterly unrealistic piece of crap that dares call itself a TV science fiction show, where solutions come across as plaudibly as a cardboard hammer, I’d watch Voyager. However it seems if I want Andromeda, a TV show where I genuinely care about the characters, their lives, their hopes and dreams, where I can genuinely enjoy the story without having to lower my IQ to a single digit number, I’d have to watch Babylon 5.

Anonymous

If I wanted E:FC, a show ruined beyond recognition by a few lunatics who probably had never know Sci-Fi if it hit them with a gigantic book entitled ‘Lunatics’ Guide To Sci-Fi’, I’d watch E:FC. If I wanted Voyager, an utterly unrealistic piece of crap that dares call itself a TV science fiction show, where solutions come across as plaudibly as a cardboard hammer, I’d watch Voyager. However it seems if I want Andromeda, a TV show where I genuinely care about the characters, their lives, their hopes and dreams, where I can genuinely enjoy the story without having to lower my IQ to a single digit number, I’d have to watch Babylon 5.

bonnee
    Participant

LOL

bonnee
    Participant

LOL

Anonymous

Hey, how ’bout this, a campaign to have JMS write for Andromeda. Great storyline, excellent dialogue, whaddaya say? If we can get enough support, the TV execs will realize they’d be fools to let such an opportunity pass them by, give J-Strac a nice contract, a paycheck the size of a small nation’s GDP and other perks that make a harem look like a bum(sic) deal from a escaped conman used car dealer!

Hey, a man can dream, can’t he?

———————————————

“Faith manages”
    -Delenn

[ 13-03-2002: Message edited by: super_joe_yamaman ]

Anonymous

Hey, how ’bout this, a campaign to have JMS write for Andromeda. Great storyline, excellent dialogue, whaddaya say? If we can get enough support, the TV execs will realize they’d be fools to let such an opportunity pass them by, give J-Strac a nice contract, a paycheck the size of a small nation’s GDP and other perks that make a harem look like a bum(sic) deal from a escaped conman used car dealer!

Hey, a man can dream, can’t he?

———————————————

“Faith manages”
    -Delenn

[ 13-03-2002: Message edited by: super_joe_yamaman ]

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.