Special Features – My Account

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff Special Features – My Account

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

No, it’s not strictly an account, more of a My SadGeezer.com

In this area you will be able to set up sadgeezer.com to your own preferences. It maybe that you would like to chose a different theme for the site, maybe you would like no graphic header, or larger text. You can change these settings by selecting the ‘Select Theme’ option.

You can create your own homepage! Well, it’s not strictly a homepage, but it’s a block on the left column which has your own mini web-page in it. It maybe that you want a list of preferred links, or some reminder text or a picture of something! Better still, you can use the Visual Editor to create the page and you wont even have to know any html! – Simply select the ‘Change Homepage’ option.

You can change your information such as email address, AIM, MSM stuff etc. You can add your signature and also some extra information about yourself that you would like to share with others – you can also re-set your password in this section. Perhaps the most useful information is the spam-proof email setting. It allows you to enter your real email address and also a fake email address. The spam-bots would them only pick up the fake one. This profile information integrates with the SadBOARD forum information (except signature – which can only be added in the SadBOARD forum profile settings)

Comments setup is another feature that allows you to change the way the new site provides information. Comments that other people have posted on the site can be organised so that they are eg. nested, flat, don’t display posts from anonymous visitors etc.

He My Account section also provides a list of the last 10 of your submissions (except SadBAORD) and your last 10 comments.

These features provide a very nice way to customise the way you use sadgeezer.com

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.