Special Features – New SadBOARD

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff Special Features – New SadBOARD

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I’m afraid the new features and improvements of SadBOARD are too numerous to go into here. The new Bulletin Board is exponentially faster, more robust and more powerful than the old UBB Board you are used to.

Importantly, the new system will contain ALL the old SadBOARD messages – there should no loss of data! Towards the end of January, I will close the SadBOARD you are using (there will be pleanty of notice) and convert the old system over as the DNS numbers switch to the new server. Basically, that means that the SadBOARD will be closed for a maximum of two days while the server is changed. During this time, I will convert the messages to the new board ready for when you see it come back online.

The new system has all the old features that you are familiar with, but there are also a number of new ones which I’m sure you will appreciate. Some of these are listed below:

Number of Page Views: Shows the number of times a particular page has been viewed by users
    Watch This Thread: Allows you to instruct the system to send you an email if someone posts a message to a particular thread (even if you haven’t contributed)- you can also be notified by email every time someone answers any of your posts.
    User functions: View Posts since your last visit, View Your posts, View unanswered Posts, List of Users browsing each forum (within forum)
    Enhanced Editing Features: Select text to format and either; Embolden, Italicise, Change Colour, Change Text Size.
    Enhanced Posting Funtionality: Make your post sticky (always stays at the top), notify if someone replies, Add a Pole to the thread to get peoples opinions
    Info Block: Tells the user who is online over the last 5 minutes.
    Private messaging facility

I have disabled the WYSIWYG Editor for this module.

There will be a short tutorial on this module in the SadFAQ section

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.