Special Features – SadGeezer Guides

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff Special Features – SadGeezer Guides

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

SadGeezer Guides

This is a Reviews Module which will eventually contain all the reviews that I and other reviewers have submitted to sadgeezer.com. They will be fully searchable and most importantly, have the ability for you to enter your own reviews and provide feedback in the form of comments on other peoples reviews.

It will tell you how many reviews are in the database (not all the SG Guides will appear there for a few weeks – a few hundred to convert), and give you a listing of the top 10 most popular reviews and the top ten most recent reviews.

You will be able to select reviews by listing them All in alphabetical order, or use the Sci Fi Search to find a specific review (or information contained in it).

The Write Review section will allow you to enter a title (eg. Buffy The Vampare Slayer – Season 7, Episode 12 – ‘More Monsters’ and then enter text, images and links as part of your review – all using a simple WYSIWYG editor. There is a scoreing system so that you can rate the episode and a place for you to put your name (which is what will be credited on the review and your email address (optional)). There is even space for you to enter a link to further information (or say the official site) – anything that you think the reader will be interested in.

You can review any aspect of a Sci Fi TV show, e.g. the characters or say a culture or even make observations about the setting or politics etc. The point is, that it’s a review of a Sci Fi TV show.

All reviews will be moderated by the Moderation team that we have come to know and love on the SadBOARD.

Full How To instructions for using and entering reviews in the SadGeezer Guides Module will be included in the SadFAQ Module.

Anonymous

does this mean that we can add reviews for shows that arnt on the ep list yet ❓ eg farscape siries 4

oh and the script error buttons keep popping up when i move pages ❗

SadADMIN
    Keymaster

Hi Bekka,

Yes, you most certainly can! I REALLY REALLY want to see reviews, questions sci fi choices (your fave DVD’s, Videos, music etc.), links to your favourite websites, questions about shows in the SadFAQ and even images and your artwork in the Downloads section.

You, and any registered user is encouraged to post your own reviews for ANY sci fi TV programme. In fact, the new site has been designed to allow you to do this. There are lots of features to make it easier for you to place your own reviews on this site. One of these is the Visual Editor. It’s a very powerful WYSIWYG editor which lets you make your own webpages and insert images and scans from the show.

Each review is checked out by one of the moderators before it is posted, so you aren’t in danger of screwing things up – have a go 🙂

SadADMIN
    Keymaster
    ”Bekka” wrote:

oh and the script error buttons keep popping up when i move pages ❗

Yes, I’m not sure why this is happening. It seems to dissapear when the page is fully loaded. I don’t get a button popping up, I just see a little ‘Error on page’ message in the bottom right hand corner of the browser window. I’ll check it out and see if I can fix it.

Thanks for letting me know.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.