Special Features – Sci Fi Search

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Announcements/New Stuff Special Features – Sci Fi Search

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This is one of the most powerful features of the new site. Because the new site is database driven (ie. no web-pages), all the data is searchable. You could for instance, search of ‘John Sheridan’ and get a list of all the reviews, sections, links, FAQs, media, News (by category and topic and author) books and DVDs, comments and of course the SadBOARD forum posts which contain those words. You are even able to search for registered users with the name ‘John Sheridan’.

This sci fi search is unique and it will be upgraded in the next few months to include Google and Open Directory searches.

theFrey
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜€ Very Very nice Sad. You and Kate did a great job. And I am glad to see that the look is still the Sadboard I have come to know and love!! congrats.

SadADMIN
    Keymaster

Thanks babe, I know you were sensitive to the look and feel of the old site remaining.

There is still some work to do however. My intention is to have a range of themes that users can select. Those of us that don’t like small writing for instance, should be able to have a theme which has large text or some of us really like Mike’s work with the old theme, soo there will be a classic SAdGeezer theme and scariest of all will be the original theme, do you remember the old bronze theme – that will be available too ๐Ÿ™‚

Best of all I want peeps like Flamegrape to get involved and other graphics people who would like toproduce a theme with their own ideas to promote their abilities, but I guess that will take some time ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.