*spoilers* Peacekeeper Wars

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Farscape *spoilers* Peacekeeper Wars

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

Here’s a *spoiler* thread for the Peacekeeper Wars.

I’ll have plenty to say later but for now let it suffice to say I would have easily paid the 9 bucks to see this at the theatre. It’s by far the best Sci-Fi movie I’ve seen in years, I know that’s not saying too much though.

Bad sides? Perhaps they shouldn’t have used the woman who tried to tear Aeryns baby out as the leader of the New Eidolons. And Mr. Flax was the leader of the PKs.

Other than that I was floored at how well this series transitioned to film format.

Anonymous

Here’s a teaser from the upcoming Sadgeezer review.

The scene shifts to my personal favorite character Captain Braca. He is sporting a catapiller under his lip for some reason, but his crew of Prowlers eats up a Scarran Dreadnought under the council of Scorpius and Sikozu. Damn Sikozu is hot, anywho…. Just as the fight starts to get good, we switch back and find Crichton and Aeryn revived by the Diagnosyn. They of course jump the gun (pun intended) but eventually are forced to play 20 questions with the Eidolons. This gives him the opportunity to pull a recap of the general storyline (Shakespeare is suing).

Meanwhile Scorpius oddly removes himself from the battle although they are winning (Later it will be mentioned the PKs have lost every single battle). Why? Because John Crichton is alive. Clearly Harvey was not joking in the end of Season 4 when he said Scorpius could “hear” him, even if he was lying about wormholes.

Strangly enough however is the race that crystalized John and Aeryn are the Eidolons! The same race from the beginning of Season 4 (“What was Lost” series), the mythical race of Peace whacked our good friends! Strange indeed. Their leader also happens to be the same actress that tried to rip Aeryns baby from her stomach only a scant few episodes ago, but let’s just ignore that, it’s good to see the familiar faces. The Eidolons explain that they have a young man who is their closest match to the Old Eidolons we’ll just think of him as the young Jedi Padawah for now.

Mele-on seems to understand Scorpius pretty well. She clearly seems to be manipulating Marrik (The PK leader), she also is carrying his child. Or perhaps even Crichtons baby, they did get it on after all….

Back at the WaterWorld Crichton learns that Rygel is now carrying his and Aeryns child due to eating up the beads that contained them. “I want this ‘miracle of life’ the frell out of me!” -Rygels best line of the night. Speaking of, John Hardy did a tremendous job as did Rygels puppeteers. Aeryn meanwhile acts like a downer and hints that the only reason she is going to have the baby is because John wants it. Yikes, not a good start to being a Mommy.

The Scarrans finally get their due, and we are reintroduced to Emperor Starleek and war Minister Ahkna. They learn that Crichton is alive (Through Grunshlik presumably, but my money is still on Scorpius) and decide to send a division to subdue him and seize his knowledge. Anyone else think the Scarrans are pretty damn cool as a bad race? I do. Anyway…

John and Aeryn decide to get married. And the Minister? The same gal that tried to chop Aeryns baby out, but I digress. As the Eidolon recites a human marriage ceremony the sun is blocked out by a Command Carrier strangly rememiscant of the Vorlons arriving at Centauri Prime. As they flee, Naranti realizes this race is the same race from the Planet of Peace. As the Maurader arrives John and D’Argo joke about who it is. “Come on bet me!!” John has a vision with Harvey, which is the best vision to date. Harvey is both Einstein and Dr. Strangelove combined, and he tries to convince John to join him. Harvey plants the thought that John should travel to visit the Ancients, which is very very subtle. What’s not so subtle is what John writes upon the chalkboard. I couldn’t see it all at once, but it said “–CK YOU” and “FU– YOU”. You figure it out. Again we see John in bed upon a devestated Moya but the scene is very confusing and seems to happen in the future, because John finally decides to give Scorpi-Sue the wormhole knowledge:

You want to see it? The thing youve been chasing my ass all over the universe for? Torturing me, my wife, my friends for. You want to see it? Say Please. Scorpius repeats each immediately Pretty please. With a cherry on top. Happy Birthday. Now, get out of my sight.

Whoa did John give it to him, and that’s why he’s lying in bed lamenting?!

Naranti tells them they must travel to Arnesk to reunite the Eidolon race. And of course to visit Jool! Who I personally could never stand in the series, but damn, they gave her a makeover! But I’m getting ahead of myself. Back aboard Moya D’Argo makes a few bad jokes, and Pilot makes a promise to protect the new passengers.

Now is it just me or does Pilot sound different? Someone hand Mr. Tupi a lozenge!

The Diagnosyn and Grunshlit deliver to Aeryn a device she can use to transfer the baby….basically a 2 foot long heavy piece of cylandic metal…I don’t even want to know where she is supposed to ‘stick’ that in herself, let alone Rygel… Scorpius and Sikozu negotiate passage also aboard Moya, mainly because it’s the only way they can safely travel through PK Space. Little do they know Scorpius is marked for Death by the Peacekeepers. And did I mention Sikozu is hot? I’m also curious what happened to her Bioloid subplot…

Now we have time for a exposition. Rygel receives a message from his Cousin Veeshan, and he begs Rygel to return and share the throne with him to unite the 600 billion Hynerians against the invaders (Unclear if it’s PK or Scarran, probably both). This is clearly a setup for some point later… Back at Moya the Jedi Apprentice shows Chiana his Inner Eyes to which Chiana responds “Is he propositioning me?” and “Does it get bigger?” “No, but however it vibrates.” Okay enough!! hehe. On the Command Carrier the leader of the PKs contemplates surrender to the Scarrans with Mele-on Grayza. I guess that PK leader didn’t watch Season 4 and Mele-on’s suicidal tendencies.

The Scarrans order a full attack upon Arnesk while John and Aeryn take a 2nd attempt at being married, this time through Rygel. It’s an odd scene to watch as the lovely Sikozu lights the candles with her fingertips before extinguishing it in her mouth. I’m not kidding! Rygel meanwhile is bitching up a storm, and Aeryn finally gets fed up and points her gun at him which prompts the obvious “Honey, you’re pointing a gun at the baby.” Once again the marriage is interrupted, this time by a breaching harness. As Moya comes under attack by a strange type of Pirate that are really sentries for the Peacekeepers. Also if you’re the observant type you may have noticed Moyas lights throughout the First Part are much dimmer than usual. Another sign of dark things to come… The “Pirates” are really Wookies along with a Peacekeeper officer which Scorpius tries to bluff with his now outlawed codes. And John is forced to kill once again… A funny scene ensues when John uses Scorpius as a living shield while taking out the officers, and D’Argo and Aeryn have a heart to heart talk about how she really is a warrior, not a mother, and she’s only doing this for John. Yikes, again!

Also we learn Chiana can do neat things with her new eyes including see through Moyas hull, cool!

Chiana and Sikozu ambush the Pirates, and I kid you not Chiana pulls off a scorpion kick that puts Carrie Ann Moss to shame. Sikozu also kicks a few butts as well, almost appearing like the aforementioned Matrix as she defies gravity and moves slightly faster than possible. The pirates are defeated and Moya flees in a brand new CGI Starburst where she is taking damage as she Starbursts, it was pretty cool!

Here Crichton returns to Arnesk we meet the madeover Jool. She kicks some ass as well, then realizing it’s Crichton she mounts him and informs him that she always knew he wanted her and he would come back. Then Aeryn and Rygel show up, spoiling the fun.

“Get your own fantasy, they’re having my baby!” -Rygel

As Jool leads them into the Temple she mentions to John not to embarass her so naturally he whistles at the beauty as they enter, and the sound travels loudly throughout the temple over a series of Tiered Wise Guys in Robes. You know they’re smart ’cause they wear robes.

Anonymous

So errr ummm after watching Night 2, anyone else think that means Scorpius was right all along? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Only in so much as there needs to be options for dealing with situcations was Scorpius “right”.
    If the peace making people Ekkions (sp?) had been given a better chance, then John would not have needed to threaten the whole galaxy to stop the fighting.
    So yeah in the way that all nuclear holocaust movies have also tried to make the point, peace is preferable to annhilation, I think Scorpius realized it takes the threat of that to stop fighting, but he really hates the Scaarans. Really hates them….I don’t think if Scorpi had the wormhole weapon he thought he was going to get he’d have made peace like that. He would have wiped out as many Scaarans as he could.

It really was great, I thought the end was a trifle corny naming the baby, but they really did justice to the series and the characters and the whole story arc!
    Bravo!!!!

Don’t forget Scifi channel is airing the whole thing Sunday at 3pm!!!

Anonymous
    Sidhecafe wrote:

Only in so much as there needs to be options for dealing with situcations was Scorpius “right”.

Yeah that’s exactly what I mean. In a way Scorpius throughout the series tried to explain to John the only way Scarrans would accept peace was at the barrel of a gun. And he tried explaining that he kept misunderstanding him, yada, yada.

Although I did like how in the end both Scarran and Peacekeepers even still under the influence of Eidolons both scowled at Scorpius. Reminded me of that earlier line “Let them both rule and put you in a cage”

Sidhecafe
    Participant

The peace treaty signing was great….Grazza almost doing a hair flip at Scorpius!!!

I also really liked how Aeryn found out about the ORIGINS of the PEACEKEEPERS….

very cool they originally came from modified humans!

I was worried Aeryn was going to give birth to a little Hierian for a bit there!

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Aeryn’s hair was fantastic too, (by the way)

Anonymous

Aeryn (Claudia Black) deserves an Emmy nod, if for nothing other than that final scene with John prior to his awakening. She completely convinced me he was dead as Scorpius walked away.

Also, isn’t it said by the Scarrans in Prayer-Hot to Katratzi that Crichtons child will know everything he does in his DNA?

I gotta rewatch that tonight, but I’m pretty sure it is. That’d be the spinoff right there!

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Claudia Black’s monologue was just moving, heartbreaking. She’s an amazing actress, and definately desreves a nomination….

And the baby – I was thinking that too!!! Won’t baby D’Argo Sun Crichton have all the wormhole knowledge????

I mean how else will he ever be able to get back to Earth to see where his father came from??????

Still love that joke Aeryn made about naming the baby that funny sound she made!
    Excellent actress, she’s amazing to watch, and has been throughout the whole series, “You’ve ruined my life.”

bonnee
    Participant

I only managed to finish watching it just now – took bloody forever to download! (can’t complain of course – at least I got to see the effing thing).

I suppose what I was most struck by was the seemingly transitional *and* resolution nature of the miniseries. On the one hand, it immediately launches us into the Farscape universe without many concessions to the uninitiated. On the other hand, it tied up recurring narrative threads and themes with the view of wiping the slate (relatively) clean. It was a very satisfying way of resolving the narrative arc or trajectory that arguably hijacked the entire series to diminishing returns. Speaking personally, I thought the wormhole weapon was an apt metaphor for the entire series – that storyline seemed to engulf and annilihate its own universe. Now that the show rated well, we can only hope that other, more hermetically sealed (or less drawn out) stories can be introduced into an expanding Farscape universe.

Sidhecafe
    Participant

Speaking personally, I thought the wormhole weapon was an apt metaphor for the entire series – that storyline seemed to engulf and annilihate its own universe.

Great analogy!!!

Black hole is to Space as Farscape miniseries is to Series plot lines!

There’s one for the Miller’s Analogy Test! Bravo!

bonnee
    Participant

Did no one else watch it or want to share their thoughts? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Great review LexxLurker, despite the miniseries (apparent) non event on the Sadboards.

Tiefling
    Participant

I saw it. Uhh…but, like most things in my life, I have very little to say that is coherant. So, I’ll just stick to stuff like this:

I loved Harvey’s death scene. It was so funny to me, that I allmost fell out of my chair(which would have been bad as the floor was concrete). The story was good. The acting excellent, and the special E-ffects were right up there with most summer blockbuster Sci-fi movies. I still wonder how the story would have played out if the Farscape had been allowed to continue though.

Anonymous
    bonnee wrote:

Did no one else watch it or want to share their thoughts? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Great review LexxLurker, despite the miniseries (apparent) non event on the Sadboards.

Thanks Bonnee! ๐Ÿ˜€

Tiefling wrote:

I saw it. Uhh…but, like most things in my life, I have very little to say that is coherant. So, I’ll just stick to stuff like this:

I loved Harvey’s death scene. It was so funny to me, that I allmost fell out of my chair(which would have been bad as the floor was concrete). The story was good. The acting excellent, and the special E-ffects were right up there with most summer blockbuster Sci-fi movies. I still wonder how the story would have played out if the Farscape had been allowed to continue though.

To me it almost seemed that Harvey was genuinly thankful for the time in Johns head, and saved his life at the end. But I could be wrong =)

Personally? I’d have killed John and not D’Argo. It seems to me that Season 4 establishes that Johns child will have his knowledge. Killing John allows the kid to be raised as a Peacekeeper that never knew his father.

The new series pilot?? A brand new John Crichton, this one raised like a Peacekeeper, but with his fathers Human compassion and the Wormhole knowledge.

20 years later, the Scarran and Sebacean peace is destroyed when the Ancients and their Thrall races (Like the Explorers) invade and destroy the Scarrans. As they invade Peacekeeper space little John Crichton hears a voice in his head of his father who shows him how to escape the battle by forming a wormhole, at the other end is Moya and her crew.

Okay terrible idea. ๐Ÿ˜› But I’d watch it

ladytass
    Participant

**********SPOILERS WARNING*****************

I don’t see how everyone keeps saying this wraps up all the loose threads there are still several out there like what about the war of Chi’s people and their whole mind wipe the galaxy plot? what about Joffy’s move to be a luxan?last time we saw him he didn’t even want to be a luxan!! Sikouza and Grenschlik do you think they were really just going to lie there and die? no way!! Is Ka D’argo really gone? we say him kill all of those Scaran’s but did he actually die? With Grenschlik and Sikouza still alive and out there did they stop and pick up D’argo on the way? There are more of Crichton’s Progeny out there!!(remember the living Statue) Does Grayza have John’s child? Do you really think with the PK and Scaran’s signing the peace treaty that Rygel is going to get to go home and be Dominar remember the only reason his cousin asked him to come home was to unite the factions of the planet in the war.No war,no need for Rygel. What happen’s to Moya and Pilot now? remember Pilot has never been truly free to run the stars with Moya until now–he wasn’t the original pilot–what’s he going to do now? Will the Scarran’s and the PK’s really keep too the treaty?There are such hard feeling’s on both side’s it seems a fragile peace.What about Chi? she said she would go with Rygel but she doesn’t seem the type to actually settle down in one place–maybe to heal from losing D’argo-for awhile but then what?There is so much that could still go on.

carup008
    Participant

Yipee! what a great end to the farscape series!

With a bit of luck, we might even be heading to yet another farscape TV season/spinoff……

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.