Stalker/Night Stalker

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub Stalker/Night Stalker

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hollydays
    Participant

aha – now I know why I was confused by the Stalker reference: here is the one I had noticed advertised on scifiwire

Night Stalker: The Complete Series
    (DVD)

Carl Kolchak returns in a new series of spine-tingling adventures. Produced by the X-FILES’ Frank Spotnitz and based on the original ’70s suspense drama, NIGHT STALKER updates the chilling classic in a startling new way. “There’s something stylishly scary at work here,” says The New York Times. Caught up in an obsessive hunt for his own wife’s murderer, Kolchak (Stuart Townsend) discovers that his imagination is no match for the evil that truly lurks in the dark. Paired with skeptic Perri Reed (Gabrielle Union), television’s favorite crime reporter will stop at nothing to uncover the supernatural side of the night. Featuring four episodes never seen on TV that complete the series and a host of exclusive bonus material, this 2-disc DVD set is so good it’s scary.

Anonymous

I actually bought that series. It’s great! I remember watching the show as a kid, drawn to it by the lead actor (funny yet compelling) and being scared to death by some of the scenes.

They look really cheesy nowadays and the special effects are laughable, but that series still wins over X-Files by a long, long way for sheer heart! I can understand why Kolchak inspired X-Files, but the two series are HUGELY different.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.