Star Wars in 3D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lexxrobotech
    Participant

I know headgehog posted something on it.

Does anyone have any links or info on it?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I missed this topic before. Do you mean the “3D animated series”, Clone Wars? I’d rather watch a 3D cinematic release of the movies (haven’t had the opportunity to use my 3D glasses at the movies in years).

They’re taking the short Clone Wars cartoons and expanding them into half-hour episodes reportedly (22 minutes minus commercials?) and redoing it using 3D rendered computer graphics.

There’s also talk of a live-action series (not in 3D that I’ve heard, though that would be cool).

I googled and came across a number of articles. Here’s one from BBC News CLICK

”bbc.co.uk” wrote:

Two Star Wars TV series will follow the latest movie in the hit film franchise, director George Lucas has said.
    Animated show Clone Wars, currently broadcast as three-minute episodes, will become “a 3D animated” series of 30-minute shows, he said.

It would be followed by a live-action series featuring characters from the six Star Wars movies, he added.

“We’re probably not going to start that for about a year,” he told a Star Wars convention in Indianapolis.

‘Step away’

The latest Star Wars film, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, is released in most countries on 19 May.

The Clone Wars “micro-series” has had 25 three-minute episodes on Cartoon Network, taking the story up to Revenge of the Sith.

Mr Lucas told the Celebration III convention the live action TV series would be similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark spin-off The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

“Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once,” he said.

Star Wars creator George Lucas said the sixth film would be the last. “I’m going to get it started, and hire the show runners and all of that, then I’ll probably step away.”

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four – Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

Lucas said he “never considered” extending the Stars Wars story beyond episode six – Return of the Jedi.

“To be very honest with you, I never ever thought of anything that happened beyond episode six,” he said.

“It’s the Darth Vader story. It starts with him being a young boy and it ends with him dying. I never ever really considered ever taking that particular story further.”

Mr Lucas said the live action series would feature some existing Star Wars characters – but would not elaborate.

“There’s a lot of issues that are connected, but you won’t necessarily see a lot of the people that are connected,” he said.

Empire favourite

No broadcast dates for either series have been announced.

More than 30,000 fans attended the convention. Away from Star Wars, Mr Lucas added a fourth Indiana Jones movie was “definitely in the works”.

Meanwhile, The Empire Strikes Back has been named the favourite Star Wars movie in a poll of more than 40,000 readers of film magazine Empire.

Han Solo was voted the favourite hero, Chewbacca was top alien and X-wing pilot Wedge Antilles was favourite minor character.

Incidentally, my fave Lucas work is THX 1138. http://www.thx-1138.org/

Here’s a site for Star Wars fans to thank Lucas: http://www.thankyougeorge.com/

lexxrobotech
    Participant

Thank you Logan, as always you were most helpful.

I didn’t really get what headgehog meant. My bad.
    Headgehog posted something like :

“Proving that the Star Wars franchise hasn’t been milked completely dry yet, George Lucas plans to remake all six Star Wars movies to be released in 3D.

Lucas plans to have the first 3D film released by 2007, the 30th anniversary of Star Wars, and would like to re-release o­ne Star Wars film every year thereafter.”

Thats a cut and paste I used to email my brother, so Im not sure if it’s exactly the same. I don’t want to put any false words in Headgehogs mouth.

Thanks.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry, not wishing to answer for Headge’s news story, which I missed before anyway, I decided to independently google news items on Star Wars 3D rather than search for Headge’s news story (click) (there’s the link, but it’s still up on the homepage anyway)

Still a google search is giving me results for a Star Wars 3D films release. I missed it before when quickly searching for news articles.

From

”[url=http://www.darkhorizons.com/news05/050318a.php wrote:

Dark Horizons[/url]“]

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
    March 18, 2005

George Lucas is such a fan of the latest 3-D technology that he is planning to remaster all of the “Star Wars” films for rerelease in 3-D says today’s The Hollywood Reporter.

Appearing as part of a sextet of high-profile directors (James Cameron, Robert Zemeckis, Peter Jackson, Robert Rodriguez and Randal Kleiser) promoting 3-D and digital cinema at ShoWest on Thursday, Lucas said he hadn’t yet committed to a precise schedule but hoped to have the first film ready for the 30th anniversary of the original “Star Wars” movie in 2007 and that he would then rerelease one “Star Wars” film per year in 3-D.

Cameron is in preproduction on the 3-D film “Battle Angel,” planned for a 2007 release. Zemeckis has two 3-D features in production, and Rodriguez is readying “The Adventures of Shark Boy & Lava Girl in 3-D” for release in the summer. Jackson, who is currently filming “King Kong,” announced no specific 3-D plans, but according to sources he has installed a 3-D master suite in his production offices in New Zealand.

If it pans out, cool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.