Star Wars TV series

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

….please forgive me if this one has cropped up at some time before, it’s just the first time i’ve heard about it…. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    apparently George Lucas has started working on a Star Wars TV series, leading on from the events in ‘Return of the Jedi’. I also heard that casting has already begun for this series, though i haven’t heard any names being mentioned yet. if anybody does know anything about this, i would be grateful for more info!! ๐Ÿ˜€

mandara k
    Participant

This HAS to be a joke, right? Where did you get your info? They wouldn’t dare do that; I would then say there is a new low that Hollywood is sinking to. Originality is really, REALLY dead. “It’s dead, Jim.”

Please say it’s just a rumor and that’s all!

๐Ÿ˜ฅ

theFrey
    Participant

Well they are going to be showing a bunch of new cartoon shorts that lead up to and explain a bit of backstory for the new movie. I understand they are going to be a bit longer than the ones they previously did.

Perhaps that is what they were refering to.

Anonymous

I reported it here back early this year. Can’t find the article though. Here’s the facts that I can remember albeit months old:

George Lucas is doing a TV series based off the Star Wars Universe.

It will begin filming shortly after Episode 3 premieres.

Everything else has been sepeculation. It will be “live action” and not anime/cartoon

If you want my 2 cents, (and I’m sure you don’t), I think the series has a 99% chance of being a fresh series based anywhere from the Old Republic to the New Republic, or a 1% chance of being based off Lucas “Jedi Knight” series. It revolves around a character known as Kyle Katarn, who teaches at the Jedi Academy with Luke. Kyle has an extremely dark past, and twice almost fell to the Dark Side. The latest fiction by Lucas leads up to Kyle and Luke being betrayed by a new Jedi who has uncanny powers and has harnessed much of the Sith’s power. The last installment left with a cliffhanger of Kyle telling Luke he was leaving the Academy to hunt down this new Jedi.

It’s one of the very rare spinoffs that Lucas has been directly involved with writing the story (as opposed to the countless others he just collects $ for)

mandara k
    Participant

It’s Harry Potter meets Star Wars! AHHHHHH! Leave them be! I’m really beginning to think that Hollywood is an old whore that can’t perform anything well but still wants to get paid for it. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ Everything that had a hint of making money is 2, 3, or 4 of an original.

Where has creativity gone? ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

theFrey
    Participant

Now, now… It will be okay… this isn’t new ya know, this is the same franchise that gave us an Ewok Christmas Special. ๐Ÿ˜€

mandara k
    Participant

๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ˜ฅ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ NONONONO! Please please save us the mundane.

I turn on the TV and see the same theme but a different show title. When will it end?

lexxrobotech
    Participant

lets just hope it’s not ‘caravan of courage’.

Ahhh.

sgtdraino
    Participant

That Kyle Katarn thing sounds like it has the potential to not suck.

Of course, what I think Lucas SHOULD do, is do a full-fledged animated OR live action series based off some of the books. Specifically, I think the X-Wing series of books would translate quite well into a series. With them, you’d have:

1. A popular series of stories to build from.
    2. Featuring primarily new characters that are still cool.
    3. With the potential for occasional cameos from the classic characters.

If Lucas could get Denis Lawson to reprise Wedge (which shouldn’t be hard), and do an X-wing series on the scale of Space: Above and Beyond, I think it would be a HUGE success. Bring in Hamil, Fisher, or Ford for occasional cameos, and we’re talking Star Wars heaven. Fans would be wetting themselves!

Flamegrape
    Participant

Only if Kyle shaves his beard. He looked stupid in the video game.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    ”mandara wrote:

It’s Harry Potter meets Star Wars! AHHHHHH!

http://images.thenexxus.org/stuff/potter.jpg

theFrey
    Participant

Oh my god! That is so funny Cat. And True!

I read once that there are only seven original plots in the world and that every other story is a variation of them. So this was quite enlightening to see. ;D

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.