Stargate: Infinity (A Cartoon)

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Stargate SG-1 Stargate: Infinity (A Cartoon)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Headgehog
    Participant

From gateworld.com

Stargate SG-1 will get its first spin-off in the form of Stargate: Infinity, an animated series to air this fall on Fox Television’s Saturday morning cartoon line-up in the U.S. The May issue of Impact magazine confirms that MGM has ordered 26 episodes for the show’s first season.

The magazine also confirmed that Infinity will be produced by DIC Entertainment, famous for such series as Inspector Gadget, Captain Planet and Sailor Moon. The company has an established reputation for producing “FCC-friendly” educational programming, and for producing shows based on established properties — from Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Brothers to upcoming series based on Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, and the sci-fi comedy film “Evolution.”

Infinity will be set “around twenty years after the events of the film, but will try not to contradict the established continuity of both series and film,” according to the magazine.

Look for the May issue (#125) U.K-based Impact magazine on newsstands now! The issue also includes an interview with executive producer Brad Wright, who talks about the departure of actor Michael Shanks and the future of the franchise.

and
    Stargate animated series is Infinity
    SATURDAY – APRIL 27, 2002

Stargate SG-1’s first spin-off might not be the live-action Atlantis — but the animated series Stargate: Infinity! Dreamwatch magazine has reported that work has already begun on the animated series, which could land on the small screen as early as this year.

MGM has signed a deal to produce about 26 episodes for the new show’s first season, according to the magazine, and will see how fans react to the series before continuing. The 30-minute show probably won’t include any characters from SG-1.

Infinity takes place 20 to 30 years after the events of SG-1, according to the magazine, and won’t violate established Stargate continuity.

Yay! More Stargate!

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: Headgehog ]

Anonymous

Oh joy of Joys, another lame spin off fro another popular show. Why are these major companies so eager to soil the name of a show loved by many, by creating a connecting it with something as tacky as an animated tv show. For comparison i submit “The Mummy” cartoon series, what is up with that, are we to believe that “The Mummy” (I forget how to spell his name) is to arise every week to torment the same group of people. What can we expect from this spin off, another villain whose predictable and unbelievable schemes will be foiled weekly in ways worthy of the most uncreative 5-year old. The live show is far to intelligent for the spin offs expected audience to understand, and if youve never watched the show why will you watch the cartoon? where is the appeal to an audience will marvel at “the pretty colours” and yet have no idea what the premise of the show was nor any concept of how dumbed down it will have been made. We all saw the horror of the star trek cartoon, and even i have to admit that it is cringe worthy and i expect this tv show to be worthy of no less. In fact several of my friends who are stargate fanatics will no doubt join me in my heckling of this show, and im betting that they might even try throwing in cameos from poorly voiced impersonations of some elderly colonel O’neill or a married Carter. Take the hint MGM, we dont want a cartoon!

Anonymous

Are they out of their collective minds?! I mean come on, how can you take something as serious as Stargate and make a kids show out of it. I mean how are the Go’uld going to hurt people, with insults and a lesson at the end of the show? This really just boggles my mind but I suppose its just another example of people who don’t see the line between adult and child entertainment. While I am on this subject let mention a few other examples. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the afore mentioned *cringe* Star Trek series, Back to the future, and the list of atrocities go on and on. But I am thankful I am never up early enough to catch the genocide of serious dramatic Television.

-SM

[ 11-05-2002: Message edited by: Slopmaster ]

Anonymous

Just popping in to say I still loath the idea.

Headgehog
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Slopmaster:
    Just popping in to say I still loath the idea.

You’re not alone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.