´STARGATE! SG-1!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    crusader
    Participant

The first season ended here in Sweden today! (Have it on tape but havent watched it yet)

They said that ther wont be any more episodes!

Where there more seasons or just one? I mean it ended in a cliffhanger!
    (Please dont say anything about what happends in the episodes since I havent watched the tape yet! My nefue taped it for me so I havent sein the last 10 episodes yet!)

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by crusader:
    The first season ended here in Sweden today! (Have it on tape but havent watched it yet)

They said that ther wont be any more episodes!

Where there more seasons or just one? I mean it ended in a cliffhanger!
    (Please dont say anything about what happends in the episodes since I havent watched the tape yet! My nefue taped it for me so I havent sein the last 10 episodes yet!)

Um, Crusader, Stargate SG-1 is now in it’s fourth season and they will be making a big budget box office movie due for next year.
    If your T.V people are telling you the series has ended, then they are lying through their teeth, SG-1 is getting bigger all the time, and is one of the biggest Sci-Fi shows out there.
    Squishy

Anonymous

Stargate ROCKS!!
    It is one of THE best sci fi shows around.
    A thousand times better than the film. imo.
    Sky are showing the new season in the UK at the moment, and its really good.

Anonymous

I liked the movie better.

Fantasma
    Participant

I hadn’t heard about SG1 going blockbuster, but I have heard that SciFi acquired the rights to SG1 and it will be airing on Saturday nights now that First Wave has ended.

So, the series is not yet over. After the season on showtime (it is showtime, right?)has its run, it shuffles over to Scifi, much like The Outer Limits.. and a just about all the the other SciFi claims as originals

Well, at least this way I might be able to keep current with it.. I don’t get showtime and I tend to forget when it’s on when it’s on a channel I do get…

Peace.
    Fantasma

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Fantasma:
    I hadn’t heard about SG1 going blockbuster, but I have heard that SciFi acquired the rights to SG1 and it will be airing on Saturday nights now that First Wave has ended.

So, the series is not yet over. After the season on showtime (it is showtime, right?)has its run, it shuffles over to Scifi, much like The Outer Limits.. and a just about all the the other SciFi claims as originals

Well, at least this way I might be able to keep current with it.. I don’t get showtime and I tend to forget when it’s on when it’s on a channel I do get…

Peace.
    Fantasma

I think SG-1 has far surpassed the movie, it has it all, humour, excellent FX, and good scripts, and Teal’c is both funny and cool.
    There is a movie planned, check upcomingmovies.com to find out about it, apparently it will coincide with season 6 next year…I look forward to that.
    Squishy

Anonymous

SG1 IS THE BEST!!
    And yes, it’s still going and growing all over the world – praise the Lord. No need for anyone to panic – I’m certain there is a huge fan base, it’s just that no-one admits it.
    I LOVE DANIEL JACKSON! I want to marry him! He is my soulmate!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Cat:
    The two biggest problems with SG1 are all things they introduced in the first episode for convenience or for lack of budget.

1) Snake head guards.. I mean, those dumb big mechanical helmet things? I’ve not doubt they couldn’t afford the effects used in the film, but..

2) They messed up the whole Stargate principal.. you need 7 symbols to travel from one planet to another, and they change with every location, yet they’ve glossed over this completely. Plus the DHD.. “Dial home Device”.. I mean, couldn’t they think of a better name??

I can understand them not being able to afford the effects of the movie, it was a series that could have been hit or miss, and maybe they didn’t want to pump huge sums of money into a programme that might eventually fail…thankfully it didn’t.

I don’t know what you mean by glossed over the DHD or stargate symbols, in the movie they only had one destination in the whole film, there was never any notion to travelling to other planets, so where’s the comparison with the series?
    As for the name dial home device, well like most things in the military, the name becomes abbreviated, they never call it a dial home device, but refer to it as a DHD in most episodes, besides they have no idea what it really is called, and it’s not Star Trek, they are not gonna use a fancy technical term, just for the sake of it.
    Squishy

Anonymous
    Inactive

The two biggest problems with SG1 are all things they introduced in the first episode for convenience or for lack of budget.

1) Snake head guards.. I mean, those dumb big mechanical helmet things? I’ve not doubt they couldn’t afford the effects used in the film, but..

2) They messed up the whole Stargate principal.. you need 7 symbols to travel from one planet to another, and they change with every location, yet they’ve glossed over this completely. Plus the DHD.. “Dial home Device”.. I mean, couldn’t they think of a better name??

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Yvonne McGruder:
    I LOVE DANIEL JACKSON! I want to marry him! He is my soulmate!

Careful hon. Human or not, every girl that’s tangoed with the hunk du jour Dr Jackson has ended up with a goa’uld stuffed into them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.