Stark -love/hate

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I know everyone has fav. people on the show but when it comes to Stark it seams its one way or the other. The actor (Paul Goodard?) dose a good job playing him to make people feel the way they do. I feel they brought him on board to be Zahn’s love intrest but when she left it was like what do they do with him. The last show with him, I think he was much better used so theres always hope for him but if he left the show I wouldnt cry.

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

I really liked Stark when he first showed up and I have kept liking him through sheer stubborness throughout all his annoying moments…when I fall in love with a character I don’t let go no matter how stupid they get.

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold a grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no surviving enemies. At all.

“I’d far rather be happy than right any day.”
    “And are you?”
    “No. That’s where it falls down, of course.”–Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

“It’s all in the mind.”–George Harrison

Anonymous

I have never been a big Stark fan to begin with. I think he has had some interesting bits and I think that actor that plays Stark does a good job. I just …I dunno I just think that Stark is a relatively weak character with so much more potential. I kind of wished that they would have left him hooked up to Talyn at least that would have given him a ‘purpose’.
    {{shrug}}

antiZero

——————

SOYLENT GRUEN IST MENSCHENFLEISCH

Anonymous

Monkey said:

“I feel they brought him on board to be Zahn’s love intrest but when she left it was like what do they do with him.”

I agree wholeheartedly with you there. For a while he floundered like a fish out of water. But recently, like Monkey points out, he has been put to better use. I enjoy his love/hate relationship with Rygel; it’s interesting and funny to see them conspire to overcome obstacles.

Antizero said:

“I just …I dunno I just think that Stark is a relatively weak character with so much more potential. I kind of wished that they would have left him hooked up to Talyn at least that would have given him a ‘purpose’.”

Until quite recently, I would agree with your first statement. Stark was a rather weak (albeit well-acted) character…but if he continues to develop his relationship with Rygel (and now Crais) I think he will better be able to find his place. As for the second part, I disagree. Although it WOULD have gaven him a DEFINATIVE purpose, the Stark that was hooked up to Talyn didn’t provide the much-needed comic relief that a normal Stark provides.

In addition, I think Stark has found another place as the “spiritual leader” of the crew. He has taken over where Xan left (with her priestess powers with her). It took him a while to start acting as this, like I mentioned in my first response.

Alpha c. 5000 BC
    Omega 12/23/2012 AD

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Alpha2012Omega:

Until quite recently, I would agree with your first statement. Stark was a rather weak (albeit well-acted) character…but if he continues to develop his relationship with Rygel (and now Crais) I think he will better be able to find his place. As for the second part, I disagree. Although it WOULD have gaven him a DEFINATIVE purpose, the Stark that was hooked up to Talyn didn’t provide the much-needed comic relief that a normal Stark provides.

Is there such a thing a a ‘normal Stark’.
    heH
    Lately with the comic banter between D’Argo and John and now with the arguments between CHiana and Jool, well a third set of characters going back and forth just seems redundant. I am all for comic relief and all, but not every five minutes. If D’Argo and John and Jool and Chiana can stay off of each others backs then yeah the comedy between Stark and Rygel would work better.

quote:

In addition, I think Stark has found another place as the “spiritual leader” of the crew. He has taken over where Xan left (with her priestess powers with her). It took him a while to start acting as this, like I mentioned in my first response.

Ok, yeah I had not considered that. That would be a good role for him.
    I much prefer the subdued rational Stark, but also like it when he goes psycho.

antiZero

——————

Anonymous

A WHOLE PLANET OF STARKS!!!!!
    As if one didnt drive you crazy!
    I was starting to change my mind about Stark when he dedcides to take a “walk about”. I thought he was getting his s*#t together and realy helping out but then he hears Zhan and off he goes. I see big changes for all on the show so who knows who will show up!

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

Never much liked Stark.

At times he appears to be chewing the scenery.

With that I make my first post on The SadGeezer boards.
    Hey,how’s it going?

——————
    C_s

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Monkey:
    A WHOLE PLANET OF STARKS!!!!!
    As if one didnt drive you crazy!

heH.
    I like watching crazy people, kind of makes me think I might not be so bad after all …or something.

quote:

I was starting to change my mind about Stark when he dedcides to take a “walk about”. I thought he was getting his s*#t together and realy helping out but then he hears Zhan and off he goes. I see big changes for all on the show so who knows who will show up!

Well there were[are] some rumors going around that we may just see Zhaan again, although not on a permanent basis, just some speculation that she may do some just appearances.

antiZero

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Chrismith:
    font color=mickfoley

heH
    What?
    Since when is Mick Foley a font color.

quote:

With that I make my first post on The SadGeezer boards.
    Hey,how’s it going?

Welcome
    May you find your stay here most illuminating.
    We are honored that you make your first post on the Sadboard to the Farscape forum.
    Good to see some more people posting on the farscape forum.

antiZero

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by antizero:
    Welcome
    May you find your stay here most illuminating.
    We are honored that you make your first post on the Sadboard to the Farscape forum.
    Good to see some more people posting on the farscape forum.

antiZero

Actually I use the font color mickfoley on another message board,Foley Is Good. But I’m thinking of making up one here. Let’s see. Rygel
    Kai
    Lister See how these pan out.

——————
    C_s

Anonymous

Ook ook Monkey is here!
    Farscape Lives!!!!
    Welcome aboard Chrismith! I’m farely new to this stuff myself and hope to see much more of you here.
    Stark is one of those people in everyones life that you decide “Ok, I can deal with that” and get on with things as normal(ok, whatever is that) or say “Thats the bougger(as in snott)lady that rides my buss to work and you get on with same old same old.
    And to antizero, Horse knows a little german so he comfermed(?) my guess about your sign off- LOL

——————
    Monkey

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Chrismith:
    Actually I use the font color mickfoley on another message board,Foley Is Good. But I’m thinking of making up one here. Let’s see. Rygel
    Kai
    Lister See how these pan out.

Ok yes that is great, but how do you know what color mick foley will be. I mean is there like a list of available colors (font name colors) to choose from other than “font color = blue” etc.?

antizero

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Monkey:
    And to antizero, Horse knows a little german so he comfermed(?) my guess about your sign off- LOL

It means “Soylent Green is human meat.” Taken from the :wumpscut: [/url] song Soylent Green , in which they sampled that line from the movie of the same name.

antiZero

——————

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by antizero:

Ok yes that is great, but how do you know what color mick foley will be. I mean is there like a list of available colors (font name colors) to choose from other than “font color = blue” etc.?

antizero

Click for font colors

I think it’s the HTML code. It’s like AerynSun. It’s like HTML code sorts out the term. Most words used is an approximation of said color. So mickfoley appears light green,lister appears blue. I mainly used the name because I’m a Mick Foley fan.
    Bang! Bang!
    1.font color antizero.
    2.font color chrismith.
    More examples.

[This message has been edited by Chrismith (edited August 26, 2001).]

Anonymous

I feel like a player in that kidds game Telephone, I starte by saying something in the next player’s ear. They then pass it on to the next and so on till it gets back to the first person. Its better with lots of people. Its all changed to something else. Great!
    I was off line for awhile but made it back to see where this is all going.
    Farscape is on in a few so I’ve got to go but will spend more time in a day or two.

——————
    Monkey

Aeryn Crichton
    Participant

I guess I’ve always kinda liked Stark. I think he should have been booted off instead of Zaan, but that’s just me. I think that he could be a wonderful asset to the show if he could get an interesting storyline.

Anonymous

Paul Goddard left because he was under contract to do a play before Season 3 started, but rest assured (or not if you happen to hate him) Stark will be back!

BTW Henson didn’t have much choice over Zhaan leaving because Virginia Hey wanted to leave. In sci-fi actors are under contract which means the writers can’t kill main characters off unless the actor wants to leave (which is why none of the Voyagers ****ing annoying crew was killed off (Die, Paris, Die!), they should have all died with the exception of the Doc who was a good char, the only exception to the rule was Jennifer Lien (Kes), she was forced to leave because she had an alcohol problem, what a pity she couldn’t have stayed dead, not that I didn’t like Kes, it was just that with her return NONE OF THE MAIN VOYAGER CAST WAS KILLED OFF FOR GOOD!!!!!!!!!!)

Anonymous

I gotta tell ya, Stark is a surprising and cool character. You think he’s one way, then he does something to shatter that illusion. When Zaahn died… I found her speech touching, but somewhat overly dramatic. Stark’s reaction, though, when he was trapped and couldn’t reach her before she died… that brought a tear to my eye. Oof.

Charmless Man

Anonymous

Oh my Gawd, I thought this was dead! I have come to kinda like Stark now too. He only just slitly gets on my nerves now.
    Hope to see you around PKBitchGirl, PK.. you a preacher kidd?

Anonymous

PK… Peace Keeper.

Unless… You were Joking.

Anonymous

charmlessman..? You speak for PKBitchGirl? Yes on this BB PK would mean Peace Keeper but I saw PKB… on other BBs before I got to this one and since my Horse is a PK in the other meaning I was cuirous(?) as the meaning of this one. I hope she comes back and has some fun here and not be so anell. But it is pkBITCHgirl.

Anonymous

I love midgets.

Goodnight Gracie.

Anonymous

I like men with big noses. Know what I mean?

Anonymous

OK, I’m sure you all know by now that I am tragically behind the news as far as Farscape goes… in fact, I only just saw the first ep. with Stark in it. And, then, second ep. with Stark in it, the power goes out halfway through. So I know I shouldn’t pass judgement yet… but I must admit, I’m very suspicious of him. He just seems sinister.

BTW. I just saw the ep. where Aeryn and John get trapped on a planet and age 150 years in a day… and Aeryn ends up dying just before they get back to Moya. I thought that was a really sweet moment, when John opened Aeryn’s locket to find the picture of ‘the one love of her life’ – himself…

Anonymous

I like Stark. Hoping to see him back in the new epi’s and hopefully he can be a little more fleshed out.
    Come on, the whole, “my side, your side, my side, your side” thing is frigging hilarious. I use it all the time…not sure if anybody else really gets it though.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.