Stuff for Lexxians to do at Dragon Con

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi Sci Fi Conventions Stuff for Lexxians to do at Dragon Con

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Just so you have an idea of what is available in the scheduled programing.

This is last years schedule grid http://www.dragoncon.net/dc/dailydragon/grid.htm The code is

American Scifi Tv AMTV
    Art Show Programinng ART
    Auctions MAIN
    British Scifi BRIT
    Buffy the Vamprie Slayer BUFF
    Comic Programing COMX
    Electronics Frontiers Forum EFF
    Filk Programing FILK
    Gaming GAME
    Live Action Role Playing LARP
    Nation Security Decision Making NSDM
    Pern Programing PERN
    Readings READ
    Renderosity REND
    Scifi Friday SFF
    Signings/Autographs SIGN
    Space/Science Programing SPACE
    Trade Division/Retailers STARS
    Star Wars Programing MOTF
    Tolkiens Middle Earth TOLK
    Trek Track TREK
    Video Rooms MAIN and ANIME
    Wheel of Time WOT
    Writers Track WRIT
    Xtrack – X
    Zena and Hercules ZENA

General info /cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum&f=22&SUBMIT=Go

Lexx push for Dragon Con info /cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=22&t=000100 (Thanks Trini !)

mandara k
    Participant

….or we could all go to the track; my Dad currently has me hanicapping the ponies; hey this is Iowa what do you expect.

That way we can make the money for everyone and we won’t have to rely on Logan’s fast money scheme.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by mandara k:

….or we could all go to the track; my Dad currently has me hanicapping the ponies;

Any hot tips on the Breeder’s Cup?

elmey

mandara k
    Participant

Nope, Elmey; my crystal ball broke; but I’ll let you know.

Anonymous

I’ve never seen one of the infamous Brigadoom
    re-enactments! If one was put on at D.C. and filmed with some decent equiptment, and reasonably good quality copies made available, would anyone be interested? Just a thought…

mandara k
    Participant

Trini; it’s a Lexxodus to the Midwest; I think i read that someone is moving back from Cali; there’s me in Ioway here you and i think Marty from Chicago. Yowza.

Well, gotta go; we should plan a get together.

mandara k
    Participant

Yeah, yeah, we can all meet in St. Paul and build a shrine to Mr. Donovan facing Halifax with the Bean Commandments in his hands like the tablets and then we can sing Prince songs or that Yo Way Yo song as we build snow renditions of the cast.

Wouldn’t that be fun children?

Anonymous

OR all us midwest LEXXians can meet in Chicago, and after a few beers, hot beef sandwichs, and a Hawks/Mapleleafs game, we can all pile in my brother-in-laws rented Piper and he’ll fly us to Toronto for a night of carousing in front of S.S.’s main office! Upside: plane ride free! Downside, he’s only had his pilots license less than 60 days Upside: he’s already flown to Toronto twice, so at least he won’t get us lost! Hell! Maybe I can talk him into shuttling all us midwesterners to Dragon Con (alive?) Hey! We could stop in Texas and pick up the frey and the brother! I bet he could even land that thing right at the Hyatt! How’s that for making an entrance! BUT I would never seriously plan any of this until Mandara’s crystal ball is fixed! T_T

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Trini_T:
    Maybe I can talk him into shuttling all us midwesterners to Dragon Con (alive?) Hey! We could stop in Texas and pick up the frey and the brother! T_T

Two questions. I am not little so it better have a lot of lift in it’s engines. And…. I could be mistaken, didn’t pay a lot of attention in school, but isn’t Dallas out of the way for Atlanta from the mid west?

mandara k
    Participant

Trini I don’t want to go to Toronto; I’ve already seen it. I want to go to new places, see new faces, so how ’bout Regina? I have to see a city that they insist on pronouncing like female anatomy. Speaking of sex and Canada, I don’t know, correct me if I’m wrong but do Canadians talk about sex alot? It seems to be quite pervasive in their culture. Just a question; don’t draw and quarter me yet. I know Americans are quite prudish in some ways.
    You know what I’m enjoying right now is the show on Lifetime called the Sunday night or Saturday night Sex Show that’s on the Lifetime channel.
    It’s a call-in show where a woman who looks like your grandmother gives Canadian callers sex advice; uses diagrams and little dolls. I
    find it amusing at times especially when she recommends little tips to spice up your love life.

Okay, I’m still a freak.

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    I’ve enjoyed my time there last yr & met a lot of really nice people there, including all you nice Lexxians.

You know what I’m enjoying right now is the show on Lifetime called the Sunday night or Saturday night Sex Show that’s on the Lifetime channel.

mandara_k, I didn’t know there was such a show; I’d like to know more about it.
    May be next yr, we all should get together & talk & spend more time with 1 another, more often; may be have dinner or breakfast with each other.
    Take care, have a great Lexxian Halloween & Fall.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz

Anonymous

Well for right now, my attendance is very very very tentative.

I sure would like to join you all for
    UsCon ’03!

Did I say my attendance is tentative?

theFrey
    Participant

Oh that would be coolness! Tell James we want to see him too!

mandara k
    Participant

I think there should be a forum on Lexx and women or you could call it How i Learned to be a Real Woman by watching Lexx. Okay, it is a weak spot for this show but I think for Sci-fi in general. Why are the old stereo-types still true; why can’t women be allowed to openly talk about sex like men without being branded a ho or something else.
    It is my experience that the more you bury something the more people want to dig it up. That’s why underground anything or subcultures flourish.
    And let’s face it folks; we are addicted to youth, beauty, and hedonism. Our society bases itself on all of this; anything new, shocks us (like real TV) we shell out the money to have.
    Face it, we are being hosed by advertisers. They know us so well and play us like trout on a line

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.