T9 predictive texting….

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Other Forums The Pub T9 predictive texting….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    kindamesh
    Participant

Are you using the T9 mode ( predictive texting) on your phone whenver you send text messages?

theFrey
    Participant

Texting? Ah, what the youngers do. ๐Ÿ˜€ I have a sidekick email appliance and I email people. It will also text message… but most of my freinds and co-workers have instant email alerts, so that works best for me.

But my sidekick will do that, infact I have noticed it sometimes trys to type ahead on my emails.

kindamesh
    Participant

oh…your not texting? Most are using text messages in communicationg example in cases like they can’t reach the person because of meetings and others. I carry my phone most of the time to be updated with my friends. ๐Ÿ™‚ It’s much more convenient even if I am not in front of my PC to send emails.

lexxrobotech
    Participant

I take it you have a samsung?

I think samsung use T9, and Nokia and everyone else call it ‘predictive texting’.

None the less, I do use it when I send a text or ‘sms’ as we call it here. Most of the time I couldn’t be @rsed and just phone the person anyway.

theFrey
    Participant

Nope, only email for the most part. Normally the info I want to convey is longer than your average sms. Unless the length on this has expanded since last I sent one. ๐Ÿ˜€

But, like I said, all my buds have blackberry’s or email appliances or are likely to be AT their computers where the email will pop up for them.

mandara k
    Participant

Umm… i have a Stone Age phone; and my friends know my schedule; they know when to call….

Besides, e-mail accounts are getting on my last nerve. so much spam; I never open it unless i know who it is; if i don’t know the name it goes right in the trash or reported as spam.

We po’ people can’t afford new gadgetry or a new ‘puter at the drop of a hat, and I’d rather spend my money on books and so forth.

theFrey
    Participant
    ”mandara wrote:

… We po’ people can’t afford new gadgetry or a new ‘puter at the drop of a hat, and I’d rather spend my money on books and so forth.

Yep that’s me. Ms. GadgetGottaHaveIt. I originally got an email appliance to keep out of trouble at work. When you are an officer in the labor union making waves…. one should not use the company sys to check your email. Everyone else does, but you shouldn’t. Anyhoooo theSpouse use to warn me about it, knowing what an email junkie I am, so he bought me my first one. **** I miss my OGO. I hate Cingular. ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ก

Anyhow, once they pulled the plug on the OGO’s a few weeks ago, I switched to the sidekick. And guess what? I can fit 6 unabridged MP3 Books on it. ๐Ÿ˜€ Email, light web browsing, games, phone and an MP3 player. What is not to love about new Tech. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Now all I need is a 4gig mini memory card so I can put even more stuff on it. ๐Ÿ™‚

kindamesh
    Participant

I didn’t know that you can even add your own words in the T9 dictionary I found a tutorial here http://www.t9.com/learn/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.