Talking car…. Can you help?

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums General Sci Fi General Sci Fi Stuff Talking car…. Can you help?

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 21 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

This was posted incorectly in the FAQ section. Anyone any ideas?

Can somebody help me please?
    There was a television show, a cartoon actually (for kids) that involved a guy, and a girl and they each had a talking car. I think the computers in the cars were removable, and the cars might have had t-tops. It was kind of like Knight Rider for kids or somthing I don’t know (eventhough Knight Rider was my favourite show when I was 3) The show is from the early to mid eighties I think. This has been bothering me for years

HELP!!
    Uzzy_9mm

Anonymous

The only ones I can thing of were the cartoons “Inspector Gadget” which had a talking car and “Speed Buggy” which was a talking car.

Anyone else any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds to me like Pole Position

From http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/9746/pole/ :

The Pole Position cartoon was on CBS from 1982-1986 and the Family Channel in the late 80’s and early 90’s. Based on the popular video game, it was about a group of siblings (Dan, Tess and Daisy Darret) who fight crime with the help of two computerized cars (Roadie and Wheels). Basically, you combine Scooby Doo with Knight Rider.

Pole Position is a top secret FBI type agency run by Dr. Zachary Darret, the Darret kids’ uncle. After their parents were killed they take over the family “business”, the stunt show, and also as agents for Pole Position.

I used to play the video game a lot!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Definately sounds like Pol Position to me, haven’t seen that in yeeeears.

Uzzy_9mm
    Participant

oh wow, thanx it was Pole Position ๐Ÿ˜€ I never would have come up with that on my own. Thanx so much for the help

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Uzzy_9mm wrote:

oh wow, thanx it was Pole Position ๐Ÿ˜€ I never would have come up with that on my own. Thanx so much for the help

LOL Thanks, but I must admit that I cheated a bit; I’ve never even seen the show. I just used a search engine, looked up “talking car” and TV cartoon and Pole Position was one of the first results I got. Still wasn’t sure, so I looked up Pole Position specifically and came up with the link above. You had very good info to use for search terms.

I wasn’t able to find out info on the coloured gems one that Sad posted, though I tried numerous synonyms and related words– for instance, I thought the gems might be coloured crystals. Suddenly it has occurred to me, maybe that show was Jem, as in Jem and the Holograms — no, probably not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.