TECHNOMAGI LOVERS UNITE!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

I know there are many of you out there who think Gandalf, Merlin, Belgarath etcetera etcetera ad nauseum are pretty cool. Well, they are NOTHING, you hear me, NOTHING compared to the Technomagi! They are by far, some of the finest examples of the perfection of Babylon 5 I’ve seen. I know I have said this somewhere on the Sadboard before, but shouldn’t there be a Technomage movie? A Technomage series? A Technomage movie followed BY a series? If only I knew how to make my own webpage (shameful I know, but we all have our blind spots) I’d create a friggin’ one to collect petitions for a Technomage story arc. As it stands, I’m going to have to count on someone else to help me here. I mean, I’ve got to deal with time and the bloody education system. Anyone?
    Please? At least give me some way of contacting J-Strac (that’s J.Michael Straczynski to the uninitiated) to tell him how I feel. Please? Anyone? I’m begging here!

There, now that the sentimentalism is done, I know there are people out there who feel the same awy I do, as well as have the time and resources to create such a petition. Thus I beseech you to do this, if not for yourself, then for the many people who’d like to see this become a reality. Thank you.

Anonymous

I havent gotten that far yet Sounds pretty cool though!

PS How bout a petition to get B5 on DVD so I dont have to watch it at a snails pace? Actually its really surprising that it isnt for sale, all I saw in the US was a VHS of the first few eps

Anonymous

EXCELLENT IDEA! You’re right, the buggers at the WB marketing dept/office/HQ/whatever seem to have no idea nor consideration for the uncountable legions of people like us, who don’t want to watch Babylon 5 at the rate of continential drift or who want to watch it again and again and again and again….(x 1000) and again but whose videaotape players are either spoilt, broken, gone, or just don’t support VHS. It’s a hard life being a Babylon 5 fan these days. Hopefully, the powers that be will be persuaded by Legend Of The Ranger’s success to release the original Babylon 5 on DVD.

However, all this is just whistling past the graveyard unless someone manages to START the campaign. I just don’t have the time nor the skills to do it, so if there is some angel of mercy who has both resources in abundance, then please, help us.

Anonymous

having B5 on DVD is all very well, if you’ve got a player….
    As far as the technomage arc is concerned, i’d be for it. we see little enough of the B5 universe/ the talents of JMS as it is.
    such an arc could open the doorway to whole new series of possibilities, new excitement. to fully go into the enigma that is technomage culture would be certainly very interesting to say the least. let me know if anyone starts a petition- i’ll sign it!!

Anonymous

Yo, I agree with everything except the comment that Belgarath isn’t as good as a Technomagi . That must be a joke…ha ha

Anonymous

Yesyesyesyesy….

BTW super_joe, the Technomagi ARE AS cool as Belgarath, not cooler, ok?

{Edited by SadGeezer for formatting reasons… *sigh*}

[ 14-04-2002: Message edited by: SadGeezer ]

scififan777
    Participant

Have you all read the technomage trilogy by Jeanne Cavelos?

Casting Shadows
    Summoning Light
    Invoking Darkness

They feature my favorite Technomage, Galen!
    They are awesome!

DuLt
    Participant

Tecno mages are the best… look, i have a site(under construction) that will have several subpages dedicaded to thousands of stuff… if anyone gets me enough info about bab5/tecnomages/etc i can make a page, publish it, and make some “advertize” to u, and ure works, hows about that?

nursewhen
    Participant

I thought Crusade was the technomage series. 😕
    The only problem with getting in close and personal with something mysterious is that it by definition ceases to be a mystery.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.