That’s Good Soup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bonnee
    Participant

Anybody here seen the Venture Brothers, a cartoon parody of sci-fi and super villains, etc (amongst other things). It’s not overtly science fiction, and some of the sci fi elements aren’t all that apparent until …certain things happen. Still, it is great fun and should appeal to sci fi fans (amongst others).

Highly recommended, cause its frikking awesome.

here’s the intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rQPDq2-4g

Anonymous

Yep! Checked out the clips – looks great!

I’ll see if it’s on Adult Swim over here (I suspect not) or I’ll download ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks for the heads up dude!

aquabloodstone
    Participant
    bonnee wrote:

Anybody here seen the Venture Brothers, a cartoon parody of sci-fi and super villains, etc (amongst other things). It’s not overtly science fiction, and some of the sci fi elements aren’t all that apparent until …certain things happen. Still, it is great fun and should appeal to sci fi fans (amongst others).

Highly recommended, cause its frikking awesome.

here’s the intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2rQPDq2-4g

You said it all right there, bub. I love the Venture Bros. If you read comic books, like sci-fi, Johnny Quest etc. so forth and so on, there is something here for you. The writing is excellent, frankly much too good for the rest of Adult Swim. ๐Ÿ˜€

bonnee
    Participant

Yep, when the writing – and characterizations – hit their stride , the show is positively gravity defying.

Sad, I’d probably not watch the unscreened pilot (turtle bay) or episode 2 (careers in science) first. Consider watching episode 1 and 3 before any of the others – they’ll encourage you to investigate further. I’ve been watching two or three episodes a night – the show just improves in leaps and bounds (despite a few lame episodes scattered throughout). And oh – make sure you remain for the end credits.

Anonymous

Oki will do.

Thanks for that. It takes me a while to get into the swing of new shows – fucking hated Dexter because I didn’t watch the bloody pilot! – had to back track and it’s spoiled the buzz.

I’ll checkout one and three first and take it from there. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.