The attractiveness of Xev

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx The attractiveness of Xev

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

“She used it to transform the beautiful, natural bodies of women into clichéed, male-driven images of desirability.” –The Wozard, Woz

I have to do a presentation on sexuality for one of my classes, so the other day I was digging through my old Discover magazines and I found the issue with the article on female attractiveness. In 1999, Victor Johnston created a computer composite based on 10,000 males’ ratings of the attractiveness of various features on 16 initial female faces. When I saw the picture of the resulting computer-generated woman, I was immediately struck by her resemblance to Xev.

Now, while Zev was created by the lusticon, and therefore probably based on common male opinions of attractiveness, Xev was created by Lyekka. Now, it’s pretty clear that Xev is not Zev, her appearance is not any sort of variation of Xev’s, it is something completely different. She said she “used 790’s descriptions.” Obviously there wasn’t enough data from his poems to create a whole woman. It starts to make sense when you realize that the naïve-seeming yet deceptively intelligent plant scanned 790’s brain earlier. She apparently got some kind of image from his brain cube. But the image was not of Zev, but it would seem to be rather 790’s idealized concept of Zev.

790 was given the psychological part of the love slave treatment meant for Zev Bellringer. His brain cube received conditioning that was supposed to make him the perfect male companion (at least in the sick society of the League of 20,000 Planets). Part of the programming given to love slaves may have caused them to, at least subconsciously, exaggerate the attractiveness of the person they were enslaved to. This might be necessary to make a young woman, extra-libidoed or otherwise, to surrender herself fully to an aged cleric. So the template for Xev wasn’t just Zev, it was the amalgamation of all 790’s fantasies about the perfect woman and his subconsciously embellished memories of Zev. These thoughts and desires would have been part of the love slave programming, and very similar to those of a late twentieth century Earth male (with an equal amount of erotic obsession).

So it all makes sense.

[ 16-04-2002: Message edited by: DalekTek790 ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

Now this is a topic I can really get into! (Pun intended!)

Can you scan that picture from the magazine? I’d like to see it. I’ve never heard of him before but I’m glad you pointed out Dr. Johnston’s work!

Here is Dr. Victor Johnston’s webpage. You can take his survey.

Other webpages about Dr. Johnston feature a picture of a short-haired brunette that was a composite of 16 faces. Is that the image of which you speak? If so, I think she looks a little like Xev, but not completely.

But Xenia’s got it. Yeah, baby, she’s got it. I don’t know where to begin. I could write an essay.

This is a concept that has intrigued me for years. But I’ve had no idea where to begin postulating any theories. I have my own ideas of what is attractive, but they don’t always match up with what others think. For instance, I think Sandy Bullock is beautiful but others have described her as “handsome”– a term usually applied to men.

I really have to think about this and write something more lengthy and thoughtful…

sgtdraino
    Participant

I’ll tell ya what bugs me: When reviews refer to Xenia as Lexx’s answer to Angelina Jolie!

I think AJ is highly over-rated. Xenia is much more beautiful than AJ, IMHO.

‘Course Patricia puts ’em both to shame!

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sgtdraino:
    I’ll tell ya what bugs me: When reviews refer to Xenia as Lexx’s answer to Angelina Jolie!

Other way around. AJ is Hollyweird’s answear to Xenia!

Right on. It’s the lips. And you know what’s even cooler? They’re real!

DalekTek790
    Participant

Aw, the picture didn’t show up.

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    Can you scan that picture from the magazine? I’d like to see it. I’ve never heard of him before but I’m glad you pointed out Dr. Johnston’s work![/QB]

Maybe at some point. I’ll see when I have time.

Other webpages about Dr. Johnston feature a picture of a short-haired brunette that was a composite of 16 faces. Is that the image of which you speak? If so, I think she looks a little like Xev, but not completely.

That’s not the same one. The woman image I’m talking about has hair about the same shade as xev in season 3 (minus the red streaks) and looks (to me) a lot like Xenia Seeberg. I personally don’t find the image that attractive.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by sgtdraino:

‘Course Patricia puts ’em both to shame!

Patricia Zentilli? In my opinion, the most beautiful actress who has appeared in Lexx is either Doreen Jacobi or Louise Wischermann. I’m not sure which one, but they are both way above any others. But maybe that’s just me.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

Patricia Zentilli? In my opinion, the most beautiful actress who has appeared in Lexx is either Doreen Jacobi or Louise Wischermann. I’m not sure which one, but they are both way above any others. But maybe that’s just me.

Patrica’s cute, but not an outstanding beauty, Louise has got my vote, she has got that lovely accent and a real naughtiness about her, and she is a real beauty.
    Doreen is not far behind her, but Doreen is more of a supermodel type girl, looks a bit like Kate Moss.
    Never really liked Xenia, and there is a likeness to AJ with the lips, but neither strike me as being feminine in appearance, I think it’s their well formed shape’s that got the blood pressure racing, but I could never describe them as being cute looking.
    It’s kinda like comparing Charisma Carpenter in Angel to Amy Acker, Charisma has a more stern lookng face, Amy, that while she doesn’t have the physical attributes to match Charisma, is sweet on the eyes.

Squishy

Anonymous

All this talk about AJ’s lips vrs XS … hmmm … yes very nice … but it reminds me that tonight I was noticing what I really like about Xev is her voice. When she speaks, she can make words a song. Incredible, wonderful voice. (Now I’m not pretending I don’t notice how pretty she is, I just think her voice is the Xeviest…I am afterall, an aspiring sadgeezer and claim my right to geeze-out on the nonphysical.)

Anonymous

I definitely agree about her voice.. and her lips… oh, and her eyes..

I could go on forever, Xenia is the most attractive being I have ever witnessed.

Anonymous

The thing i just love about Xev isnt her lips (thats actually a turn off for me), its her quirkly personality and facial expressions, like when she killed Mantrid at the end of Season2.

But really, love her for the way she treats men. Xev treats men just like some men treat women, as a quick piece of ass, or basically she treats them exactly how Stan would treat them. Its funny to see her “shrug” in an episode where some hunky male dies and you KNOW shes thinking “geeze, at least we could have had sex before he died”.

Some people think that Xev is a bad stereo type for women, but if they watch enough episodes, its exactly the opposite. Whats wrong with women going “Hey are we going to **** or what?”. Xev being physically beautiful just adds to my attraction to her.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Squishy:
    Patrica’s cute, but not an outstanding beauty, Louise has got my vote, she has got that lovely accent and a real naughtiness about her, and she is a real beauty.
    Doreen is not far behind her, but Doreen is more of a supermodel type girl, looks a bit like Kate Moss.
    Never really liked Xenia, and there is a likeness to AJ with the lips, but neither strike me as being feminine in appearance, I think it’s their well formed shape’s that got the blood pressure racing, but I could never describe them as being cute looking.

Okay, I’m back. Doreen Jacobi is pretty close to my concept of the perfect woman (in appearance only). Louise Wischermann is strikingly beautiful, but most of the appeal of her character is the character itself, plus the voice and mannerisms. Wist is also great in terms of a creative and well-written character, but she is also probably the most beautiful woman ever to appear on Lexx.

Neither of the Zevs ever did anything for me. Same goes for Bunny.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Neither of the Zevs ever did anything for me. Same goes for Bunny.

BLASPHEMY! (ROFLMAO!)

Flamegrape
    Participant

Someone pleeeeze take a look at the Xev model I’ve been working on. It’s in the thread titled Xev Quake III Arena Model in the Sci Fi Artwork Forum! Did I do a good job? Does it look like her?

Thanxx…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.