THE GAME best episode of series 4

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx THE GAME best episode of series 4

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 22 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    theFrey
    Participant

Originally Posted by –Commando–
    Aspiring SadGeezer Member # 533

posted 18-03-2002 09:51 PM

it is and that what sesion 4 should have been like, good storys with a nice bit of tension biult in

Moderator Note: Commando, this post is more Episode Related than general, so I moved it here for you. Later, theFrey

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Commando:
    … what sesion 4 should have been like, good storys with a nice bit of tension biult in

Can’t wait to see it! It seems that most peeps are in agreement. And the fact that LexxLurker and Flamegrape produced such an excellenmt analysis of the chess moves just makes me even more enthusiastic. I think that the last time LEXXians were so excited about a show was Brigadoom (2-18).

Headgehog
    Participant

Sad don’t you get Scifi-UK? England sees the same Lexx 30 hours before USA.

lizard
    Participant

Me three, this is my fav. since Vlad. It’s in the grand tradition of playing a game of chess with the devil for possession of one’s soul (except for in this case, Kai has misplaced his soul 4 millenia ago!)

More games Kai and Prince should play: Candyland and strip poker.

DalekTek790
    Participant

The Game was better than some season four episodes, but it doesn’t come close to Texx Lexx (my favorite of this season).

I find the premise suspiciously similar to when the Doctor defeated the Black Guardian (the ultimate evil in the Universe created at the Big Bang) in a game of chess on a desert planet in a pocket universe (as per their agreement, the Guardian was imprisoned in a vial for all of time; or until someone found and opened it, which is of course what happened).

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I find the premise suspiciously similar to when the Doctor defeated the Black Guardian (the ultimate evil in the Universe created at the Big Bang) in a game of chess on a desert planet in a pocket universe (as per their agreement, the Guardian was imprisoned in a vial for all of time; or until someone found and opened it, which is of course what happened).

As has been mentioned before, it is also suspiciously reminiscent of Ingmar Bergman’s The Seventh Seal, in which an noble knight (Antonius Block, as portrayed by Max Von Sydow), returning from the Crusades during the Black Plague, is engaged in a chess match with Death (Bengt Ekerot) over whether he lives or dies. As this is basically the same thing that Kai is playing for, I think that the Bergman parallel (with the Icelandic landscape standing in for the Swedish setting of the original) is perhaps more apt than the Doctor Who parallel. Also, to a lesser extent, it is also reminiscent of the episode “Checkmate” from the series The Prisoner, wherein a chess game is staged with residents of The Village as game pieces.

–Aleck

Anonymous

As 790 says, “Who Cares?”. Technical wise, it is the BEST Lexx episode ever! It could only be topped by the series finale! Though, it still isn’t my favorite. “May” is.

Anonymous

Was this show created by the same minds that did the whole “bad carrot” storyline??? I thought this show was great and very clever.Is this the one that they “had” to fly to Iceland to shoot? My son,who has a passing interest in Lexx,sat down to watch this episode.He’s a chess fan and was fascinated by the various moves.
    I’m glad I taped this episode.This season I’ve been disappointed by the quality of the shows and I have rarely watched an episode twice.

Anonymous

Disappointed! I’mn amazed I didn’t like this episode but I really didn’t. The bits of Prince and Kai playing are great but then the board sections are in a completely different tone. The talking heads are so damned obnoxious and they looked terrible.

As from a chess point of view I know it’s a good game because i read Lurkers excellent analysis but to follow the game you would actually have to sit down with a board. I’m a pretty fair player (my rating was 1770 something last I checked) but I could not follow at all with the brief shots, funny looking pieces and angles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.