the game is good, part 2

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx the game is good, part 2

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    FX
    Participant

great discussion,and one of the best episodes please continue it here;

dgk
    Aspiring SadGeezer
    Member # 452
    posted 23-03-2002 12:27 AM
    ——————————————————————————–
    Great episode, visually and storywise. Those axes through the head were a bit gruesome though. So is Prince free of the TV now? He seemed to have taken off to somewhere when he lost.

Kai also says he can ‘feel’ where the Other Zone is. Pretty good for a dead guy to be able to feel anything.

quote:
    Originally posted by sgtdraino:
    [QB]
    Kai made a grand total of THREE out-of-character remarks in this episode:
    1. He said he “wants” to be dead.
    2. He says he would “like” his life to return to the Dream Zone.
    3. He says he has no will (when, in IWHS, he replies to a Predecessor, “Wrong. I have will power. You have given it to me.”)
    Any takes on these?
    QB]

——————–

Prince: “It’s a pleasure doing business with you robot head.”

790: “Yo Mamma!”

DalekTek790
    Participant

I wouldn’t say they are out of character. Kai has a history of saying things about himself that are inconsistent with his actual behavior. I believe that kai has vaint perceptions of emotions and motivations, whether he likes to acknowledge them or not.

Anonymous

I think Kai is holding out on the crew. His body is physically dead and incapable of sensation but he has a consciousness. His morality returned when he regained his memories, and has developed since. He says he “Don’t do this… and Don’t do that…” but he knows right from wrong. Therefore, self motivation have become possible. But he doesn’t want to tell the crew. Maybe, as in the first episode of season 2, when Kai starts acting on his own, it worries the crew. He doesn’t want the crew to think their ‘dangerous killer’ is wandering around unchecked.

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    I wouldn’t say they are out of character. Kai has a history of saying things about himself that are inconsistent with his actual behavior. I believe that kai has vaint perceptions of emotions and motivations, whether he likes to acknowledge them or not.

Anonymous

I think Wake the Dead showed an inability to control his actions and distinguish between right and wrong. He did as he was told, even wanting to kill Stan and Xev. So the question, I guess, is when did this change?
    My theory rince did something on Fire to trigger this “wanting.” Maybe gave him a little piece of his soul. What that something is, I don’t know.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Warsaw:
    I think Wake the Dead showed an inability to control his actions and distinguish between right and wrong. He did as he was told, even wanting to kill Stan and Xev. So the question, I guess, is when did this change?

An excelent treatise on Kai’s personality can be found here. I also wrote a 5-page psychological profile of Kai, but much of it is saying the same things as the file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.