The Game review added

Science Fiction TV Show Guides Forums Cult Sci Fi Series Lexx The Game review added

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    SadGeezer
    Keymaster

LEXX: Season Four: Review of Episode 18 – “The Game” review has been added to the LEXX section. You can access it by clicking HERE. Or see a list of all the LEXX reviews HERE.

theFrey
    Participant

Grrrr, I had a lovely full page reply vanish into the netherland of posts.

Ah well, here it is again shorter. Great review Sad. It has been a while since I saw this ep, but I do believe you hit every important point. It was a bit of sparkle in an otherwise uneven season, so we appreciate it so much more for that.

As you may recall this ep is the one that pushed them over the edge money wise. Not that that has never happened before, but possibly not so much on one single episode.

It almost killed the special effects guys. Woody (from DZ4) said that they had to bring in more help, with their own machines and fudge on the quality of the final look before they could get it out the door at the last possible minute. There was a very real danger that it was NOT going to make it to the stations in time. If you look at it closely, you can see why they were so upset. There is some sloppy mat work going on there.

Fx caught the reason for it immediately while we were on set. Perspective. The cameras were not computer controlled or baring that locked into set positions and focus. This made the thing impossible from the special effect point of view. Although Woody said they would not have had such a problem with that if the entire thing had been shot against green screen and used a plain green screen floor. They could have easily dropped in the elaborate background and more easily nudged the chess board to fit the various shots together. Ah well, this was known as the ep that wouldnโ€™t die. ;D

I am glad you liked it Tony. I look forward to your last six reviews.

Hummm, Haley’s Comet, Apocalexx Now, Viva LEXX Vegas, Trip, Lyekka vs. Japan, and Yo Way Yo. I saw parts of three of these being made, so I am not unbiased. Any one else want to give Saddy some encouragement by pointing out the jewels in this lot?

lexxrobotech
    Participant

YAY!

๐Ÿ˜€

Just a few more Saddy, come on, I know you can do it!

Cesare
    Participant

Thank you, Saddy…
    What a pity that you’re running out of Lexx eps…:-(
    I always admired your reviews…
    And reading more of them is almost like getting more Lexx, if you know what I mean…
    Geez. I’M getting sentimental…
    Sooo… Thanks! it’s a fabulous review on a fabulous ep! ๐Ÿ˜€

Anonymous

Thanks guys ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m looking forward to the next reviews ๐Ÿ™‚

Hey theFrey! Wadda great post with such interesting additional info. If you don’t mind (If you do mind, just respond here and I’ll take it off), I’m gonna add that to the end of the review. It gives a great perspective to the whole thing.

in fact, as I do the other episodes, please feel free to pass on some more of those excellent nuggets of info and I’ll include them in the review!

theFrey
    Participant

Of course, it is not a problem, glad to contribute.

Jhevz
    Participant

Hi Fellow Lexxians,
    Cool review, Sad, especially since it’s only about Kai, Prince & a chess board; I ought to do another 1 sometime, but may be after the holidays. In the meantime, I liked your review & made for good reading; & I’d also like to contribute anything about it.

Lexxians Unite,
    Jhevz ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.