The Lexx Files

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    DalekTek790
    Participant

I was looking through Lexx vidcaps online and I found this. It’s a still from Texx Lexx showing the two astronauts that Isambard Prince kills in the beginning. Look again. Unless I’m mistaken, the one on the left is played by none other than Chris Owens of X-Files fame! How did I ever miss that!?!?! Now, why would such a perstigious actor appear in such a small role on Lexx? I mean, when Craig Charles and Hattie Hayridge guest starred they practically had the episode built around them, why is this major sci-fi icon stuck in a bit part? I mean, this is Special Agent Jeffrey Spender, the Great Mutato, the young Cigarette-Smoking man from the flashbacks. He deserves at least a Cobra-level role. I mean, this would be like having Jonathan Frakes play one of the A.T.F. soldiers who gets shot immediately.

And now a mystery. Among the Lexx screenshots I also found this. What is it? I see the Lexx’s fore section in the background, but that thing in the foreground looks like a Vorlon ship. I don’t remember seeing anything like that in an episode of Lexx.

——————

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:
    Unless I’m mistaken, the one on the left is played by none other than Chris Owens of X-Files fame! How did I ever miss that!?!?!

You’re not mistaken.

Now, why would such a perstigious actor appear in such a small role on Lexx?

My guess would be that he likes the show, was free, and wanted to make an appearance, but nothing major. I wouldn’t jump to the assumption that he was stuck with a bit part. Maybe he just wanted to do a cameo or walk-through.

I mean, this would be like having Jonathan Frakes play one of the A.T.F. soldiers who gets shot immediately.

Jonathan “Instant Mashed Potato” Frakes doesn’t deserve *that* much.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

I see the Lexx’s fore section in the background, but that thing in the foreground looks like a Vorlon ship. I don’t remember seeing anything like that in an episode of Lexx.

You know that is very interesting. I have seen that part of the Lexx before but I never made the Vorlon conection. Hmmm it wouldn’t surprise me if the beans were influenced by B5.

-SM

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Slopmaster:
    You know that is very interesting. I have seen that part of the Lexx before but I never made the Vorlon conection. Hmmm it wouldn’t surprise me if the beans were influenced by B5.

Is that really part of the Lexx? it looks too big, and I don’t remember ever seeing anything like that on the giant bug. Say, does anyone know where I can buy a model of the Lexx?

And no, Frey, I don’t want one of your “klone” Lexx models made out of panty hose containers and coat hangers.

DalekTek790
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Aleck:
    Jonathan “Instant Mashed Potato” Frakes doesn’t deserve *that* much.

You’re probably right, it’s just I couldn’t think of any other Star Trek actors that aren’t too old, fat, or goofy-looking to play the part.

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

And no, Frey, I don’t want one of your “klone” Lexx models made out of panty hose containers and coat hangers.

Awwww I love you too DT.

Actually I have been bugging my brother, to find an artist to do a 25 mil. model. theBrother is heavily into the miniature gaming scene, even though he no longer owns a game shop. He was not too resistant to the idea, since he he is heavily into the space games, and thought it might be a hoot to have a few Lexxes.

But you’re right DT, it wouldn’t be the same. I’ll tell him never mind. After all, I live to make you happy.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:
    Actually I have been bugging my brother, to find an artist to do a 25 mil. model. theBrother is heavily into the miniature gaming scene, even though he no longer owns a game shop. He was not too resistant to the idea, since he he is heavily into the space games, and thought it might be a hoot to have a few Lexxes.

But you’re right DT, it wouldn’t be the same. I’ll tell him never mind. After all, I live to make you happy.

I thought that the Lexx was a computer-generated model? I’ve often considered tackling the task of replicating it, but I’ve been avoiding it. One reason is that it is so complex. Another reason is that there is no use for it. What am I going to do, create another Lexx television show? Yeah, right!

theFrey
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I thought that the Lexx was a computer-generated model? I’ve often considered tackling the task of replicating it, but I’ve been avoiding it. One reason is that it is so complex. Another reason is that there is no use for it.

You may want to rethink Flamegrape, alot of people really like models, especially the small scale ones that can stuck anywhere. Do you know how many Enterprise and Millennium Falcons I have seen on desks and curios over the years? Tons of the darn things.

Also the gamers would work them into their games. Thebrother said ship origins are nothing, the stats can work any ship into a game. It would be like the Lexx version of a Death Star.

And some would just like them for their computer rooms, to go with their Intel Bunny Men, and Rosie the Robot keychains. There you go Flamegrape, Lexx Keychains.

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by thefrey:

You may want to rethink Flamegrape, alot of people really like models, especially the small scale ones that can stuck anywhere. Do you know how many Enterprise and Millennium Falcons I have seen on desks and curios over the years? Tons of the darn things.

Also the gamers would work them into their games. Thebrother said ship origins are nothing, the stats can work any ship into a game. It would be like the Lexx version of a Death Star.

And some would just like them for their computer rooms, to go with their Intel Bunny Men, and Rosie the Robot keychains. There you go Flamegrape, Lexx Keychains.

I’m sorry, I didn’t make myself clear. I meant that I was considering an attempt at creating a computer-generated model of the Lexx using 3d Studio Max. Max is the only 3d program I own and I’ll never have the money to buy Maya. I don’t know what programs they used to create the effects for Lexx, but I’m sure that it’s out of my price range. (It’s not like I wouldn’t know how to use them. It would be an euphoric pleasure to simply have access.)

I have no skills with creating plastic or resin models. I think the Lexx would be the creation of truly obsesive modelers like the ones who create replicas of the eagle spaceships from Space:1999.

I know what you mean, however. You can tell the difference between the creative and the boring, uninspired normals by looking at what they have on their computer desks at work.

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Flamegrape:
    I know what you mean, however. You can tell the difference between the creative and the boring, uninspired normals by looking at what they have on their computer desks at work.

I have a wind-up walking Godzilla sparky, a thing that lights up and spins around, the Head of Tom Servo filled with delicious Jelly Belly jellybeans, and the “Aleck Directs a Rocky and Bullwinkle Cartoon” playset (rubber bendies of Rocky, Bullwinkle, Boris, Natasha and Fearless Leader, and the Aleck Bennett Action Figure…which is really the Cypher action figure from The Matrix, but it looks just like me in action figure form). Oh, and 4 LEXX postcards, an Avengers postcard, a picture of the Marx Brothers hand & foot prints in front of Mann’s Chinese Theatre, a picture of the archway into Disneyland and an 8×10 autographed glossy of Corey Feldman.

–Aleck (I don’t have room for a LEXX model)

[ 21-10-2001: Message edited by: Aleck ]

Flamegrape
    Participant

quote:

…and an 8×10 autographed glossy of Corey Feldman.

That reminds me! I need to send off for my autographed picture of Eddie Deezen!

He’s a dreamboat! [cartoon hearts pulsate in my eyesockets– boing! boing! boing!]

FX
    Participant

quote:

I have a wind-up walking Godzilla sparky

–Aleck (I don’t have room for a LEXX model)

[ 21-10-2001: Message edited by: Aleck ]

My desk is still evolving; i currently have the kabuki kai poster, light sticks from the wrap party, and the final day of lexx shooting call sheet , with a huge red ‘**** it’ stamped on it…as soon as i can cool the kai and xev figures off, i will bring them in too…my little sparky godzilla seems to be misfiring (got him at the ‘last wound up’ in new york, years ago) i have scads of lexx stuff from blackie, plus a lexx crew tshirt from brian, but those are for private enjoyment, and of course the cards you sent me …what i really want is one of those ball thwackers from the seventies you know, where you launch one or two of the silver balls, and they keep thwacking for an annoyingly long time ? oh and my chinese paper fire crackers, to snap annoying visitors with!

theFrey
    Participant

Hummmn lets see. I have my Intel Bunnyman, my Rosie the Robot keychain, a 7″ tall Max from the book “where the wild things are’ a rock from a castle in England, and one from a castle in scotland. My stuffed black halloween cat (he shakes and giggles and says Happy Halloween – theSpouseDog is scared of it, it is the only thing that keeps him out from under my feet all night long.) My poster ‘You must be the change you wish to see in the world’ and the normal hobby and computer debris I accumulate. Oh yes and a big floral cat bed on the top of my right side desk shelf, where the real black cat sleeps so he can keep an eye on me.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.