The Lexx movies

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Christine Carroll
    Participant

Man the lexx movies are great !!! Did any one see the marathon on the Scifi Channel on Saturday?? It was had all four first season movies it was great !!!!! I LOVED the KISSING SCENE that KAI AND XEV? ZEV had at the end of “Gigashadow”

——————
    “to air is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

“Look for me by the moonlight-
    Watch for me by moonlight-

I’ll come to thee by the moonlight,

though Hell should bar the way”

——-The Highwayman

Excerpt from “Exquisite Corpse” by Poppy Brite

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

DalekTek790
    Participant

I saw Eating Pattern for the first time. Now I’ve got the “pattern” song stuck in my head.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited February 18, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

I saw Eating Pattern for the first time. Now I’ve got the “pattern” song stuck in my head.

——————

“Exterminate!” -Dalek warrior, The Daleks: Episode 4-The Ambush

“Feel the power of the dark Crystal!” -skekTek the Scientist, The Dark Crystal

“I will love you forever!” -drone #790, Lexx 1.1: I Worship His Shadow

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited February 18, 2001).]

Anonymous

I am overjoyed the SciFi channel showed the Lexx movies! Had the VCR working overtime Saturday so I can see what I’d missed the first time around. The Kai/Zev kiss was remarkable, wasn’t it!!!

Anonymous

I am overjoyed the SciFi channel showed the Lexx movies! Had the VCR working overtime Saturday so I can see what I’d missed the first time around. The Kai/Zev kiss was remarkable, wasn’t it!!!

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

P-P-Pattern… *strange facial twitchings*

Gotta love Ruetger Hauer… hehehe… also, Brian Downey pulled off the ‘looney Stan’ really well in that movie. You think of him as being bumbling but not a total dipstick or anything. But in Eating Pattern, he was like someone who’d taken the happy pills one too many times… it was hilarious.

Irony of all ironies — I just received the last of the vids from amazon.com, fully comleting my movie collection, on Saturday. It was quite funny, because I was watching the movies when it came. So what did I do? Spent the weekend watching the Lexx movies a couple hundred times. It was enjoyable.

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by DalekTek790:

P-P-Pattern… *strange facial twitchings*

Gotta love Ruetger Hauer… hehehe… also, Brian Downey pulled off the ‘looney Stan’ really well in that movie. You think of him as being bumbling but not a total dipstick or anything. But in Eating Pattern, he was like someone who’d taken the happy pills one too many times… it was hilarious.

Irony of all ironies — I just received the last of the vids from amazon.com, fully comleting my movie collection, on Saturday. It was quite funny, because I was watching the movies when it came. So what did I do? Spent the weekend watching the Lexx movies a couple hundred times. It was enjoyable.

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

I have all Four Lexx movies on tape and I still watched them on the SciFi channel. Were’nt they just awesome??? What did you think of the expression on Kai’s face after Zev kissed him? It kinda reminded me of a little boy who was kissed for the first time. I can’t decide if he liked it or not. It was kind of a pained expression. I understand that originally Kai’s eyes clouded black during that scene but it was edited out by SciFi. How long do you think he kept his head on Zev’s shoulder??

Anonymous

I have all Four Lexx movies on tape and I still watched them on the SciFi channel. Were’nt they just awesome??? What did you think of the expression on Kai’s face after Zev kissed him? It kinda reminded me of a little boy who was kissed for the first time. I can’t decide if he liked it or not. It was kind of a pained expression. I understand that originally Kai’s eyes clouded black during that scene but it was edited out by SciFi. How long do you think he kept his head on Zev’s shoulder??

Anonymous

I retaped the movies so I could get them without the commercials. I also have the unedited tapes. I was under the impression that Kai was not overjoyed once the kiss was over. He seemed eager enough at first and afterwards, seemed pained. The blacking of the eyes was just two or three seconds and add that to the time he was resting on her shoulder. I wonder if the pained look was from disappointment because he was unable to take pleasure in her kiss. The dead don’t feel!Giga Shadow is still my favorite of the movies.

Anonymous

I retaped the movies so I could get them without the commercials. I also have the unedited tapes. I was under the impression that Kai was not overjoyed once the kiss was over. He seemed eager enough at first and afterwards, seemed pained. The blacking of the eyes was just two or three seconds and add that to the time he was resting on her shoulder. I wonder if the pained look was from disappointment because he was unable to take pleasure in her kiss. The dead don’t feel!Giga Shadow is still my favorite of the movies.

Anonymous

Nwmonikr – I had the impression…and I’m good with looks..that KAi’s expression after the shadow left his eyes was one of Fear and Confusion.
    I believe he had fought off the Shadow at that moment, and was wondering what the hell had happened to himself!
    Yipe.

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

Nwmonikr – I had the impression…and I’m good with looks..that KAi’s expression after the shadow left his eyes was one of Fear and Confusion.
    I believe he had fought off the Shadow at that moment, and was wondering what the hell had happened to himself!
    Yipe.

——————
    Help me~~~Lexx HAS eaten my brain! ๐Ÿ˜›

Anonymous

I saw the movies and taped them (again) the first time the tape wasn’t any good.So I was happy to get them,but I am not happy that scifi cut so much.I want to see them uncut,so I ordered them from the scifi store.I was told after a month of waiting that they had been discontinued,the cd too! Well I managed to get the cd,but not the movies.I would like to get them all at once does anyone know a place that has them all?

Anonymous

I saw the movies and taped them (again) the first time the tape wasn’t any good.So I was happy to get them,but I am not happy that scifi cut so much.I want to see them uncut,so I ordered them from the scifi store.I was told after a month of waiting that they had been discontinued,the cd too! Well I managed to get the cd,but not the movies.I would like to get them all at once does anyone know a place that has them all?

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by sheila pike:

http://www.amazon.com has them all, but you probably won’t get them all at once since some, if not all, have to be backordered. They told me six weeks for Eating Pattern, but I got it within one and a half or so.

I don’t know who else is selling them… Aleck tends to know these things. Ask him maybe?

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by sheila pike:

http://www.amazon.com has them all, but you probably won’t get them all at once since some, if not all, have to be backordered. They told me six weeks for Eating Pattern, but I got it within one and a half or so.

I don’t know who else is selling them… Aleck tends to know these things. Ask him maybe?

——————
    I’d like to change
    your mind by hitting it
    with a rock – They Might
    Be Giants

Anonymous

Well, you can get the videos and cds at Videoflicks. I ordered the first two cds recently(and they just shipped today!).

NB1, I believe it was Showtime, not SciFi that cut the shadowing of Kai’s eyes. They had decided not to pick up the second season of Lexx so, rather than leave in the shadow, they whited it out, thus giving the movies a “happy ending,” and leaving no hint of more things to come. And, lawdy, as far as that kiss is concerned, I get a different idea every time I see it! Now, I’m thinking that it was both Kai and HDS kissing Zev; first one then the other. First he starts out a little taken aback then he clamps on and applies the suction; definitely of two minds. ‘Course, this opinion will last until I finally see it on DVD (soon, I hope!).

******************BlackCloud*****************

[This message has been edited by NuageNoir (edited February 23, 2001).]

Anonymous

Well, you can get the videos and cds at Videoflicks. I ordered the first two cds recently(and they just shipped today!).

NB1, I believe it was Showtime, not SciFi that cut the shadowing of Kai’s eyes. They had decided not to pick up the second season of Lexx so, rather than leave in the shadow, they whited it out, thus giving the movies a “happy ending,” and leaving no hint of more things to come. And, lawdy, as far as that kiss is concerned, I get a different idea every time I see it! Now, I’m thinking that it was both Kai and HDS kissing Zev; first one then the other. First he starts out a little taken aback then he clamps on and applies the suction; definitely of two minds. ‘Course, this opinion will last until I finally see it on DVD (soon, I hope!).

******************BlackCloud*****************

[This message has been edited by NuageNoir (edited February 23, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Does anyone else think the Insect Essence in Lexx is a total ripoff of Purity in The X-Files?

Of course, The X-Files‘ Gregor clones are just a glossed-over version of the Morthran clones in War of the Worlds.

——————
    Lee P. Sherman, code name DalekTek790
    Whovian, Froudian, Lexxian, etc.

DalekTek790
    Participant

Does anyone else think the Insect Essence in Lexx is a total ripoff of Purity in The X-Files?

Of course, The X-Files‘ Gregor clones are just a glossed-over version of the Morthran clones in War of the Worlds.

——————

Anonymous

NuageNoir, Ah, see I would not have thought of that during the Kai/Zev kiss – It was Kai and HDS…… Yes, that would explain his hesitancy at first then how he did respond and also the look on his face afterward…thanks, that look has bothered me for a while, I kept thinking, “Did’nt Kai like it??” Now I see it from a different perspective…

Anonymous

NuageNoir, Ah, see I would not have thought of that during the Kai/Zev kiss – It was Kai and HDS…… Yes, that would explain his hesitancy at first then how he did respond and also the look on his face afterward…thanks, that look has bothered me for a while, I kept thinking, “Did’nt Kai like it??” Now I see it from a different perspective…

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Hi people !!! I just wanted to say some thing about http://www.videoflicks.com , afew weeks ago I order the Lexx boxed set( evrything DVD’S)…which is the four Lexx movies and i order i think the first 3 dvd’s of the second season… now I got an E0mail from them saying that the set is backordered ATLEAST intil late March and the other
    dvd’s aren’t even coming out intil March-May !!!! this is sooo very Depressing…even if you buy the vids now you can’t even get them intil March or May!!! This really Sucks!!!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

“Late in the year,New Orleans still has its hot days. In the slave quaters, Jay and Tran blossomed like the giant stinking carrion-flowers that grow in humid jungles. Their ravaged abdomens swelled and burst like red-petals, a jubliee of rot. Their putrescent fluids pooled on the concrete floor and in the hollows of their disintegrating bodies. …Their faces, c**** and B**** grew into shapeless masses of blackened flesh. Swollen tongues like ball gags forced their jaws wide. Organs tumbled out of their bodies like distended winebags. From their decomposition rose wisps of steam and soft wet sounds of gaseous intimacy….Tran fell out of his binding straps and melted slowly into Jay’s ribcage. A large, faintly iridescent stain ate up the concrete floor around them. Their eyes were black caverns.They gave birth to worms, generation after generation, until their bodies were covered as if in a living blanket. Soon they were picked clean, their bones an ivory sculpture-puzzle shining in the dark, waiting to tell their mute love story.

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Hi people !!! I just wanted to say some thing about http://www.videoflicks.com , afew weeks ago I order the Lexx boxed set( evrything DVD’S)…which is the four Lexx movies and i order i think the first 3 dvd’s of the second season… now I got an E0mail from them saying that the set is backordered ATLEAST intil late March and the other
    dvd’s aren’t even coming out intil March-May !!!! this is sooo very Depressing…even if you buy the vids now you can’t even get them intil March or May!!! This really Sucks!!!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:

Christine, I’ve been saying all along that the information they have on the Season 2 DVDs is completely out of date! They won’t be out until May 29th. The ones on videoflicks are the same ones that we’re doing here in the states (except for the fact that they’re the ones with the Koch logo on them). Even the configuration of episodes on the discs is wrong. They claim that there will be 2 eps per disc, and there will be 4. It’s all based on preliminary info that was passed along from Koch to videoflicks, and that info has changed.
    Just be patient, and you’ll get them.
    Though, I might add, the DVDs should be ordered from a US location rather than videoflicks, because (A) they’re not supposed to be selling them outside of Canada, and (B) the Powers That Be are relying on sales of the US release of Season 2 videos to determine whether or not to put out the Season 3 releases, and if the US releases (on Acorn Media) don’t sell as well as they should, then they’re not going to want to put them out. So PLEASE, just so I can have the pleasure of actually working on these, if you live in the US, don’t buy the Canadian releases.

–Aleck

Anonymous

quote:

Originally posted by Christine Carroll:

Christine, I’ve been saying all along that the information they have on the Season 2 DVDs is completely out of date! They won’t be out until May 29th. The ones on videoflicks are the same ones that we’re doing here in the states (except for the fact that they’re the ones with the Koch logo on them). Even the configuration of episodes on the discs is wrong. They claim that there will be 2 eps per disc, and there will be 4. It’s all based on preliminary info that was passed along from Koch to videoflicks, and that info has changed.
    Just be patient, and you’ll get them.
    Though, I might add, the DVDs should be ordered from a US location rather than videoflicks, because (A) they’re not supposed to be selling them outside of Canada, and (B) the Powers That Be are relying on sales of the US release of Season 2 videos to determine whether or not to put out the Season 3 releases, and if the US releases (on Acorn Media) don’t sell as well as they should, then they’re not going to want to put them out. So PLEASE, just so I can have the pleasure of actually working on these, if you live in the US, don’t buy the Canadian releases.

–Aleck

Christine Carroll
    Participant

I’m sorry Aleck … I already order (most) of the season 2 DVD’s from http://www.videoflicks.com, but you know what??!! I’m happy !!!! Because today yes TODAY! I got in the mail the four Lexx movies on DVD!!!!! And I have to say that they look and sound great and that they have a short more informitive little “making of” and a little Bio of the main charater…Did anyone know that “His Divine Shadow” Was played by Lex Gigeroff?? I didn’t know that before….They showed getting in to his charater and everything… anyway… I just wanted everyone to know that I finally got the Lexx movies on DVD !!!!! YA!!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

Christine Carroll
    Participant

I’m sorry Aleck … I already order (most) of the season 2 DVD’s from http://www.videoflicks.com, but you know what??!! I’m happy !!!! Because today yes TODAY! I got in the mail the four Lexx movies on DVD!!!!! And I have to say that they look and sound great and that they have a short more informitive little “making of” and a little Bio of the main charater…Did anyone know that “His Divine Shadow” Was played by Lex Gigeroff?? I didn’t know that before….They showed getting in to his charater and everything… anyway… I just wanted everyone to know that I finally got the Lexx movies on DVD !!!!! YA!!!

——————

——-The Highwayman

DalekTek790
    Participant

Did the Lexx/Tales from a Parallel Universe movies ever get a theatrical release anywhere?

——————

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited February 26, 2001).]

DalekTek790
    Participant

Did the Lexx/Tales from a Parallel Universe movies ever get a theatrical release anywhere?

——————

[This message has been edited by DalekTek790 (edited February 26, 2001).]

Anonymous

My favorite part in the movie was in 1.0 the beginning part were Kai and his men attack the Foreshadow because we get to see kai alive and that whole part is sad

——————

Anonymous

My favorite part in the movie was in 1.0 the beginning part were Kai and his men attack the Foreshadow because we get to see kai alive and that whole part is sad

——————

Anonymous

good question dalek tek, i have been wondering the same thing for a while and as far as i can tell no…at least not in the us…as you know there are many us made films that for whatever reason are deemed unreleasable and go directly to video, and if they do well on video will show up on cable and in film festivals, but as far as i can tell the four lexx films were not released in the us…anyone else have any info?

Anonymous

good question dalek tek, i have been wondering the same thing for a while and as far as i can tell no…at least not in the us…as you know there are many us made films that for whatever reason are deemed unreleasable and go directly to video, and if they do well on video will show up on cable and in film festivals, but as far as i can tell the four lexx films were not released in the us…anyone else have any info?

Anonymous

Say. Does anyone know where I could get a MP3 of the Pattern Song? I love that song.

“Who is the king, the king-thing-a-ling, who is the king, the king of pattern?”

Anonymous

Say. Does anyone know where I could get a MP3 of the Pattern Song? I love that song.

“Who is the king, the king-thing-a-ling, who is the king, the king of pattern?”

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Try Napster…Elusivespoon… So far its still free and still has lots and lots of Music….They plan on getting rid of some of the music but so far everything I have looked up is still there…. Including everything Lexx….. When you go to http://www.napster.com if your not already a member sign up and then go to “Search” then Artist or Title and look for “Lexx” and then you have about 100 choices… Pattern song might just be in there…. Bye all!!

——————
    “to err is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

——-The Highwayman

[This message has been edited by Christine Carroll (edited March 19, 2001).]

Christine Carroll
    Participant

Try Napster…Elusivespoon… So far its still free and still has lots and lots of Music….They plan on getting rid of some of the music but so far everything I have looked up is still there…. Including everything Lexx….. When you go to http://www.napster.com if your not already a member sign up and then go to “Search” then Artist or Title and look for “Lexx” and then you have about 100 choices… Pattern song might just be in there…. Bye all!!

——————
    “to err is human” or is it “the air is human” ?? matt Gideon “Crusade”

——-The Highwayman

Anonymous

hmm…i got the brunnen-g song on napster and my friend found some of the songs from “brigadoom”…don’t see why you couldn’t get the pattern song.
    as regards the first movie, i cried when kai got killed at the beginning. seeing what he once was and knowing what he’d become…;_;there i go getting mushy again…
    as for the kiss, i think the weird look was just because of the shadow in kai’s body

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Anonymous

hmm…i got the brunnen-g song on napster and my friend found some of the songs from “brigadoom”…don’t see why you couldn’t get the pattern song.
    as regards the first movie, i cried when kai got killed at the beginning. seeing what he once was and knowing what he’d become…;_;there i go getting mushy again…
    as for the kiss, i think the weird look was just because of the shadow in kai’s body

——————
    Gideon: I thought you said you don’t hold grudge.
    Galen: I don’t. I have no living enemies. At all.

Nox
    Participant

I’ve got to stop singing the pattern song.
    People think I’m nuts (as I probably am).
    I also hope I will stop saying “It is now my priority to end the prophecy” every time a person says something about a prophecy.

Nox
    Participant

I’ve got to stop singing the pattern song.
    People think I’m nuts (as I probably am).
    I also hope I will stop saying “It is now my priority to end the prophecy” every time a person says something about a prophecy.

DalekTek790
    Participant

That’s not so unusual. I have a tendancy to sing the Brunnen-G war chant and tell people that “The wheel doth turn.”

——————

DalekTek790
    Participant

That’s not so unusual. I have a tendancy to sing the Brunnen-G war chant and tell people that “The wheel doth turn.”

——————

Viewing 45 posts - 1 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.